Just ordered the VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV

Dav IRL

VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV

I cannot wait to get my greedy little fingers on these rudder pedals. Just ordered yesterday from the Europe store, they have been out of stock for quite a while but I didn't see any other product that was as discreet and professional, all other rudder pedals looked massive, like hard work to use, where these look really tight and smooth. I personally couldn't care about toe breaks; I have it shift stated on the stick so no big deal. I had the Saitek Pro Flight and they wear plastic, large and felt like a toy.

I hope these rudder pedals turn out to be as slick as they look. Any simmers out there have them and whats your thoughts?

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I have the same mark 4 since a year or two ago, its perfect so far. Precise, sturdy. Love it that you are not pushing them so theres no need to attach it to the floor.

Nice, do you fly any helicopters in DCS, I say they feel allot better?

Nice, do you fly any helicopters in DCS, I say they feel allot better?

The KA-50, Mi-8 and Huey. I have no complaints, really. Before this I had Saitek rudders but you cannot compare the two.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are really good, you can be very precise with them (i use curves) and they are very comfortable, no worries about being too close together.

I don't keep my feet on them unless I'm about to need to use rudder for the most part and sometimes I do.

I find myself just pushing them up and down for the hell of it even when not in a flight sim.

Really a nice product and not overly expensive, also I got mine through amazon in the US, so shipping was even free.

You won't miss toe brakes and for helis and certain planes with a handbrake it doesn't matter anyway.

The 109 and 190 will need you to bind something for left and right brake though, I use a hat on the joystick for left and right braking.

I love my VKB Mk IV pedals. You step down on the pedal using your ankle instead of pushing with your entire leg and hip. Long flights are no problem as you can move your feet around to get comfortable then readily put them back into position without hunting for cups for your heels.

Best feature is that you don't need to have your knees close together. The pedals measure 16" (4.6 cm) wide and allow you to space your feet apart without being restricted to one setting from the factory as with all other makes.

I've not needed to adjust the height or tension from taking them out of the box. Plugged them in and they were ready to use. Presto.

BTW - Mine were shipped DHL Air Express from Hong Kong and arrived on the east coast of US 3 days later as their standard method.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

Great stuff everyone, sounds very positive. I think I made the right choice waiting for them to come back in stock, even though it took months. Like the sound of them being well spaced too.

I ordered the pedals as well. However, I'm a bit concerned regarding one thing.

In the shop it says "In stock", as you can clearly read at the top of the page:

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/vkb-sim-t-rudder-pedals-mk-iv/

However, today they've posted a news item that they aren't ready to be shipped yet and that it's only the container that arrived.

Estimated shipping date is now the 7th of May.

I mean come on … how hard is it to properly set up your shop.

If an item is not in stock than the page should very clearly state so and not pretend that it is in stock.

Should say something like "Shipping within 2 weeks".

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

I ordered the pedals as well. However, I'm a bit concerned regarding one thing.

In the shop it says "In stock", as you can clearly read at the top of the page:

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/vkb-sim-t-rudder-pedals-mk-iv/

However, today they've posted a news item that they aren't ready to be shipped yet and that it's only the container that arrived.

Estimated shipping date is now the 7th of May.

I mean come on … how hard is it to properly set up your shop.

If an item is not in stock than the page should very clearly state so and not pretend that it is in stock.

Should say something like "Shipping within 2 weeks".

Agreed, its like the business is run by a bunch of complete stoners who are really all over the place and unorganised. I paid for them and I want them and if I don't them after May I will go absolutely ape shit. Ive paid, I want my product.

Did the shipment arrive without the pedals? What are they smoking seriously. I'll give them a go and see what happens but from their forums people are very cagey at this stage.

Nah, I'll wait until May, just think they should really work on their communication and setup.

Yeah they get their own official dedicated forum in here, and no real communication of late...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Did the shipment arrive without the pedals? What are they smoking seriously. I'll give them a go and see what happens but from their forums people are very cagey at this stage.

The way I understood this is that the shipment arrived at the harbour, but they don't have the stuff yet in their own storage.

I mean, I'm fine with that, but in that case it shouldn't say "in stock", because it clearly isn't like that.

Having it "soon™" doesn't count as "in stock".

The way I understood this is that the shipment arrived at the harbour, but they don't have the stuff yet in their own storage.

I mean, I'm fine with that, but in that case it shouldn't say "in stock", because it clearly isn't like that.

Having it "soon™" doesn't count as "in stock".

I agree 100%, ''it's in the harbour'' well they need to get a truck over there and get the kit in house, the customer doesn't want to hear ''it's in the harbour''!

The 109 and 190 will need you to bind something for left and right brake though, I use a hat on the joystick for left and right braking.

Alternatively can use VKB T-Link software, that emulate "differential brakes" (Spit brakes) in Bf 109, Fw 190 and P-51 in joy/throttle button and combined with pedal movement brake only one wheel. Better if own VKB MCG or VPC T50 grip due their analog brake lever.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I love the MCG Pro and enjoy the analog brake lever for aircraft that should have it like the Spitfire and MiG-21, but VKB won't get my business with rudder pedals that don't have actual toe brakes. For now, my very old Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals continue to work as well as they did out of the box. When they fail, I am going to get some really nice rudder pedals. I have several acceptable options depending on how much money I have available and how quickly I need a replacement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just an additional note:

I still did not receive any notification from VKB regarding the pedal shipment, despite the website telling that the pedals were (are?) in stock at the time I ordered them.

I only know about the delayed shipping, because I wandered around the website a few days later.

Had I not done that, I would be pretty pissed right now.

As it is, I'm still disappointed by the lack of communication, though.

There is a small notification on the page that they start shipping on the 7th

It is there now, but that's not the point.

For one, it wasn't there when I ordered that, there was no indication whatsoever, that I will have to wait over 2 weeks until my order will get shipped (which btw still has not happened, even though it's the 7th of May now).

And apart from that I usually don't go back to the ordering page to check whether or not I could still order it.

Once I've placed my order, the shop is "done" for me and every future communication should happen by mail or similar.

Ever since the confirmation that they received my payment, I have not heard from then and if I hadn't checked the shop page, I would be pretty pissed by now. Actually, I am sort of pissed, still.

Unfortunately, I don't have other options, since these are the only pedals with a total width of less than 435mm. :(

It is there now, but that's not the point.

For one, it wasn't there when I ordered that, there was no indication whatsoever, that I will have to wait over 2 weeks until my order will get shipped (which btw still has not happened, even though it's the 7th of May now).

And apart from that I usually don't go back to the ordering page to check whether or not I could still order it.

Once I've placed my order, the shop is "done" for me and every future communication should happen by mail or similar.

Ever since the confirmation that they received my payment, I have not heard from then and if I hadn't checked the shop page, I would be pretty pissed by now. Actually, I am sort of pissed, still.

Unfortunately, I don't have other options, since these are the only pedals with a total width of less than 435mm. :(

Yes this is shocking service, I am in the same position, put in the order and got a receipt but no correspondence since. Very poor customer support, very poor communication, very poor experience. This an absolute disgrace!

Unless something extraordinary happens I'm done ordering from the European website. Communications historically have always been atrocious and about a year or so ago when I finally decided to order a pair of Mk IV-pedals after exhausting all other options they sent my pedals to another person and I got his warthog adapter :P

Luckily the other person was in the same country so I contacted him directly (the address was in the enclosed order confirmation) and sorted it out that way. I get that mistakes can be made and all that but on top of the extremely slow communications it just didn't feel like they wanted another customer so I just turned elsewhere for my sim:ing needs, without any drama.

It should be noted that I was compensated €2 on top of the domestic postage cost, so all good! ;)

Edited by TheBamse