Repair and Watch track

Tango777

DCS Support told me to post this here in this forum:

These problems only happen with the Viggen:

Land at a friendly (blue) airfield that connects external power, refuels the plane, re-arms the plane, but it will not repair the plane (Viggen) even though the ground crew says "Copy" after requesting repair.

The other problem with the Viggen is when I replay (click watch track), after a quick 5 minute mission that was successful from takeoff to landing, the plane crashes 20 seconds after take off when watching the replay.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

2) Tracks are currently broken and we need to wait until ED is fixing the track system.

Actually, HB have mentioned this problem is due to how they implemented random numbers not using EDs standard way. It will be changed to EDs in the next update, hopefully solving this problem for the Viggen.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Actually, HB have mentioned this problem is due to how they implemented random numbers not using EDs standard way. It will be changed to EDs in the next update, hopefully solving this problem for the Viggen.

This maybe goes for the Viggen, but the other planes are still affected.

1) Did you turn your engine off?

2) Tracks are currently broken and we need to wait until ED is fixing the track system.

Yes. The engine was off.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

I dont think the repair feature is working on viggen

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Repair and Watch track

The fix with removing random numbers has already been released. It is possible that I missed some but I don’t think so. The problem was that since a little randomness was introduced the outcome would not be the same when you play it once and then replay it. Another long standing issue is though that the state of the aircraft is not 100% reset when you spawn so it could happen that for example if you start and toggle a switch and then restarted the switch would be in the position you had when you restarted. This also affects replays. I have been hunting these kind of issues for a while and it is difficult to find every single one so there might always be some left. I did find some that has been fixed in the upcoming release though. If this is the reason replays are off you could try restarting DCS and running the replay without doing anything in between.

About repair not working: it’s my number 2 or 3 of things to look into right now.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

The fix with removing random numbers has already been released. It is possible that I missed some but I don’t think so. The problem was that since a little randomness was introduced the outcome would not be the same when you play it once and then replay it. Another long standing issue is though that the state of the aircraft is not 100% reset when you spawn so it could happen that for example if you start and toggle a switch and then restarted the switch would be in the position you had when you restarted. This also affects replays. I have been hunting these kind of issues for a while and it is difficult to find every single one so there might always be some left. I did find some that has been fixed in the upcoming release though. If this is the reason replays are off you could try restarting DCS and running the replay without doing anything in between.

About repair not working: it’s my number 2 or 3 of things to look into right now.

I still have to do a quick flight before running a replay. Correct?

I still have to do a quick flight before running a replay. Correct?

No, you do your mission - save the track - end DCS - start DCS - click on replay and watch your saved track. At least that is how i understood RagnarDa's post.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

No, you do your mission - save the track - end DCS - start DCS - click on replay and watch your saved track. At least that is how i understood RagnarDa's post.

I just tried exactly that and the Viggen still crashed.

Yeah I should have mentioned this would assume you also started “fresh” when you first recorded the flight. If this doesn’t work I’ll have to see if there is still some randomness that I’ve missed.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Yeah I should have mentioned this would assume you also started “fresh” when you first recorded the flight. If this doesn’t work I’ll have to see if there is still some randomness that I’ve missed.

Yes. I started fresh.

On a sidenote I contacted ED support and they acknowledged that this is a problem for them to solve as well in 2.5.

...On a sidenote I contacted ED support and they acknowledged that this is a problem for them to solve as well in 2.5.

I think every/most aircraft has a problem with the replay function as soon you get down and low. My replays in the Mirage don't show my true flight aswell as soon as i do some low flying -> crash. And low flying is the main regime in the Viggen...

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

TRK have been a problem since Flanker 1-0. Basically, if the TRK doesn't capture all the commands exactly during recording, or doesn't replay all the commands during playback exactly 100% right, the TRK is corrupt. Sometimes the difference is small enough to allow for the overall TRK to be OK, but many times it isn't. Back in the Flanker days this was most often coupled 1:1 with CPU performance.

TRK have been a problem since Flanker 1-0. Basically, if the TRK doesn't capture all the commands exactly during recording, or doesn't replay all the commands during playback exactly 100% right, the TRK is corrupt. Sometimes the difference is small enough to allow for the overall TRK to be OK, but many times it isn't. Back in the Flanker days this was most often coupled 1:1 with CPU performance.

This! Tracks have always been broken for as long as I can remember. I didn't play Flanker but I know it's been like this at least since LOMAC, and that was released 2003 so it's at least 15 years now that this has been broken.

I understand that it's probably not a simple fix, otherwise ED would have patched it by now. But personally I would prefer it if they didn't include broken stuff like this. Most of the time I think it's better to not release something if it only "kind of" works. I just feel like this has caused sooo much confusion and headaches for so many people over the years.

• 1 year later...

From my experience, this kind of a problem is common to various modules. And currently, this is the most annoying thing in DCS, in my opinion. It shouldn't even be called replay track, more something like "let's see how else this could have happened" track :)

I think we should put some more pressure to ED to resolve this. Or at least, put it on their to do list. Reply to this thread if you agree.

• Like 1