[RESOLVED]MetaShader build error (x86) folder

ET22RULZ

• ED Team
So for Steam users, we can either opt out of OpenBeta (3.6gb download) or wait for the patch?

I was just about to fly :(

If you have it installed in your x86 folder you can move it as a work around.

If my memory serves me correctly there is a way of doing that with steam.

edit

you should be able to go to the games properties and move install

picture added as an example

or wait for hotfix

steam.png.6581b81a980027f49cddff3df1f8dbe9.png

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post, but Steam won't let me add another Steam folder on a drive with an existing Steam folder. I'm gonna opt out of the beta. 3.6gb will only take 10 minutes or so to download. Probably easier than moving the trillion gb DCS install.

I wonder if making a junction point link in Program Files to point Program Files (x86)/DCS World folder would be a work around ?

Open a DOS window as admin

cd /D C:\Program Files

mklink /J "DCS World" "../Program Files (x86)/DCS World"

In windows explorer go to C:\Program Files\DCS World\bin

right click on DCS.exe -> select Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)

Try running you new desktop shortcut and see if that works ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I am seeing this in the log

"(this situation should not occur on end user PC, if there is no manual shader editing)" , i notice this in MP. It will connect now the 1st time but then will not respond once it's connected so i stay in the Spectator menu and then i need to quit it.

Though my system is way below the required config. I am not complaining about the performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

• ED Team
I am seeing this in the log

"(this situation should not occur on end user PC, if there is no manual shader editing)" , i notice this in MP. It will connect now the 1st time but then will not respond once it's connected so i stay in the Spectator menu and then i need to quit it.

Though my system is way below the required config. I am not complaining about the performance.

yes it is known, this is a different issue to this current topic however

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

yes it is known, this is a different issue to this current topic however

Sorry if i mistakenly quoted in the wrong topic.

But just a question , is this a reason for DCS freezing on MP connection.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

• ED Team
Sorry if i mistakenly quoted in the wrong topic.

But just a question , is this a reason for DCS freezing on MP connection.

No,

it is best to make a new thread and post your system spec and dcs.logs.

I dont want to derail this current thread

thanks

• ED Team

I would suggest waiting for the hotfix then

hopefully we wont have to wait to long

DCS 2.5.1 issues

Hi guys. I have already done a full reinstallation of DCS 2.5.1 and the modules I have and I also changed the destination path as mentioned before. So far so good. Although the simulator loads correctly there is an issue. For example when I load the default campaign of the mirage 2000 on the first mission after I startup the engine, some Mirages saw up on the taxiway in front of me and they don't let me or "Chevy 1-1" to start taxing. Does anyone else have the same problem? I run on Steam..

I steam possibly trying to re-install (to the original location) after you moved it maybe ?

How did you move it ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I had the same crash problem, DCS steam version, working now with the game installed in a different location :thumbup:

For steam users you must create a new library folder in a different drive ,can't do it in the same drive where your current steam library is , (thanks Valve :glare:):

Link with how to do it :

HOW TO CREATE A NEW STEAM LIBRARY AND MOVE YOUR GAME

I had the same crash problem, DCS steam version, working now with the game installed in a different location :thumbup:

For steam users you must create a new library folder in a different drive ,can't do it in the same drive where your current steam library is , (thanks Valve :glare:):

Link with how to do it :

HOW TO CREATE A NEW STEAM LIBRARY AND MOVE YOUR GAME

Is there a solution if you only have one drive ?

• ED Team

If you are having problems moving the install I would wait, we hope to have a fix out soon

If you are having problems moving the install I would wait, we hope to have a fix out soon

Thanks, and good morning again :smilewink:

I think the only solution is if you have a single drive is to either completely remove steam and create the install folder somewhere else or uninstall all your steam games create the installation folder and redownload. Im not sure about the second option ...... maybe its better to wait.

Just on a side note, why did they remove the deferred shading option from settings? if i am flying in vegas or at night its good for me to turn it off because at night i can see and in vegas theres few trees and i prefer a nicer aircraft cockpit in those circumstances.

• ED Team

probably better to wait. :)

regarding deferred shading, discuss it in one of the other threads

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206952

Unfortunately ED can not wait any longer, having two shading types was creating more problems than it was solving.

Deferred shading is here to stay. Improvements are coming.

thanks

i can confirm taking the install file out of program 86 solved my metashader build issue.

but the Normandy map is taking a hella long time to load, and it does eventually it just takes like 4x longer than other maps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti