Viviane black screen

ams999

Still we don't have a single word from PS though...

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

As a paying customer, I would like to know why a product I have purchased remains non functional. Polychop please feel free to comment............

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Since 2.5.1 a lot of things have changed in DCS, The viviane black screen is a result of these changings, be sure we are already working at it but things cannot be fixed in a snap. More issues (sound, multiplayer etc ...) have been already fixed. They will appear in a next update. Some fixes take time because new features in DCS had to be added for 3rd parties so the gazelle can still provide you with the planned functionalities.

Thanks for your patience.

As a paying customer, I would like to know why a product I have purchased remains non functional. Polychop please feel free to comment............

Being a paying customer, like all of us, does not mean that we should not be respectful. the problem of the camera does not come from the code of the gazelle, but from the code of the game. otherwise the gazelle would be the only one to be out of use

Since 2.5.1 a lot of things have changed in DCS, The viviane black screen is a result of these changings, be sure we are already working at it but things cannot be fixed in a snap. More issues (sound, multiplayer etc ...) have been already fixed. They will appear in a next update. Some fixes take time because new features in DCS had to be added for 3rd parties so the gazelle can still provide you with the planned functionalities.

Thanks for the reply. I am happy to wait for a fix but please keep us informed as each update we will be expecting a fix.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

You indicated in a previous post that you never got access to 2.5(.1 ?) before it was released therefore had no idea that the Viviane camera would break. So from a Polychop perspective that's fine and you don't deserve any criticism for that - it's not your fault.

So is this actually a problem between the 3rd party devs and ED? What's the point of you committing code for a release that you're not actually going to see until the rest of us do? Ultimately this reflects badly on 3rd parties and ED, and would seem avoidable with a little more cooperation and communication.

Looking forward to the fix, and thanks for your work so far.

It is also important to note that this issue is only on the Beta branch, not the release side. Being on beta is an option given to you, and is not required of you.

All main servers has already moved to OB branch so please take it to concideration while giving such a wise advices ;)

S!

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Yeah but he is right. We could blame the server admins for switching to a test version but not the developers for a beta containing bugs.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is also important to note that this issue is only on the Beta branch, not the release side. Being on beta is an option given to you, and is not required of you.

I don't recall having options when it came to updating from 1.5 AND 2.1 OA to 2.5. OB

All I know is it half filled a new SSD and I'll require a complete new SSD to install 2.5 stable (which was released shortly afterwords).

I'm just sayin' !

SnowTiger:joystick:

Well, I have a fix (from ED) for those who can't wait for the next update.

open "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\TV\Indicator\init.lua"

Uncomment the line #46 "--used_render_mask = "interleave.bmp" --default mask for TV" removing the first 2 minus signs.

You should get "used_render_mask = "interleave.bmp" --default mask for TV"

Save the file, that's all.

You'll have to re-comment this line when ED will release the update.

Edited by Pat01

Ok so I have good news and bad news. First, the good. The fix worked to bring up a picture for me and my (MP) copilot. The flight, synchronization, and general helicopter was the smoothest it's ever been in multicrew.

And now the bad:

The only problem was my weapons officer/wife was unable to get the slew commands to actually move the camera. The ADI mode showed that it was attempting the input, but the camera never actually moved. This was further shown by placing the hover to slaved mode, she could not move the camera in any direction, and the helo was stable pointing at wherever the camera was first pointed at when it came on. We are so close to greatness here!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey not sure if this helps you but after coming back to the Gazelle after a few months I had to redo some keybindings, one of them the slew for the camera.

@Pat thank you very much for the hotfix, worked like a charm. :)

After applying Paet's hotfix, everytime I use laser range finder it gives me "164" instead of real range. Any ideas what can be a reason of such a behaviour ?

S!

After applying Paet's hotfix, everytime I use laser range finder it gives me "164" instead of real range. Any ideas what can be a reason of such a behaviour ?

S!

I have no range when lasing....

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg