Latest version??

So what is the latest version of DCS now??

I wanted to start DCS World and it asked for an update to 2.5 and asked if I wanted to keep old installation directory so just to be sure I selected yes. Now it installed DCS World 1.5?? Not 2.5

So now I have 4 versions: Open Alpha, Open Beta, DCS World, and DCS World 1.5 installed just now with the update. Wtf?? Which ones can I uninstall or delete? Thanks for the help

Edited by H@mmerhead

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

There is 2.5 Beta and Regular 2.5

1.5 is no longer supported or getting updates.

Thank you very much for the fast reply. But why did it then install DCS World 1.5 with the update today? I'm not interested in the old 1.5 since I read that 2.5 is out and stable now. Can I uninstall 1.5 and open beta then?

My rig:

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

Thank you very much for the fast reply. But why did it then install DCS World 1.5 with the update today? I'm not interested in the old 1.5 since I read that 2.5 is out and stable now. Can I uninstall 1.5 and open beta then?

Out - yes

Stable - not really for some people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you opt to "keep old installation directory", it leaves 1.5 on your system, and downloads 2.5 to another directory (vs. overwriting 1.5). Therefore, if you use your same shortcuts, 1.5 still works...

Look in your start menu to see if there is another set of icons pointing to 2.5?

As you said: It asked you if you want to keep the old 1.5 installation and you said yes. So it kept the old 1.5 installation for you as a backup even though it is no longer supported, just like the Open Alpha which also is not longer supported.

There are now only two installations that are beeing actively supported: The Stable Release and the Open Beta, both run on 2.5.x. You can check the specific version of these two on the website that mwd2 has linked above.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is it safe to uninstall Open Alpha? I cannot find it in windows 10 add/remove programs but there is an unins000.exe file in the main installation directory.

And is it safe to uninstall Open Beta as well through windows add/remove programs? No need to deactivate modules or anything?

This way I will have 1.5 and "stable" 2.5 only.

My rig:

The module activation is stored on your computer, so you can safely throw away any DCS installation without any impact on activations.

You said you only want to keep 1.5 and the 2.5 Stable, which is fine, just keep in mind that 1.5 is outdated and not longer supported.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg