Very Slow Update Torrent

I just started to manually update DCS 2.5 OB today. It has been running for about 4 hours now.

I noticed that the download speed started at 2.2 MB/s at the start.

I went away for a few hours and now I'm uploading 10 times faster than I'm downloading and the downloading speed slows to 9.8 KB/s and hasn't gone above 55 KB/s for at least the last hour (total download time so far = 6 hours).

Why is the download so slow now ?

I have attached a screenshot of the DCS updater to illustrate what's going on.

2062332126_DCSDownload1.png.db2866386ccd726365d2cd28a60b0c75.png

SnowTiger:joystick:

Actually disregard. My download won't be much longer.

But I am curious if many others have experienced this lately ?

I know there used to be a similar issue a couple years ago but it was resolved and download speeds were restored.

I wondering if this needs attention before the next update OR maybe I'm an isolated incident ?!!

SnowTiger:joystick:

I had serious trouble using the updater to complete the update. Slow downloads, downloading larger file sizes than listed, stopping half way through, having no peers, etc.

What fixed all these was to uninstall and install clean. No probs with the install process so far ;)

:matrix: :joystick: ....... BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM ....... :megalol:

• 3 weeks later...

DCS-Update Issue - slow or No update

Running win 7 sp1 and quite a heafty PC with enough CPU and memory(need more for X-Plane). I did the update the normal way by click to play, forced update using the dcs_updater.exe update cmd and even tried a repair even (see paragraph below).

The initial downlaod is quite fast and for one or other reason it slows to a trickle and eventually stops - was over a weekend. Trying to kill the dcs_updater.exe process tree (the one which hogs the most memory) does not shut down; I cannot kill the process trying every tool I know off. The only way to kill this was to restart the PC.

I have cleaned my PC with CC, checked for odd services running, shut down the firewall, stopped MWB and so on, to no avail. I even cleaned out the .torrent folder and tried for the upteenth time.

Trying the repair command, I got this answer: Version 2.5.0.14304.321 is not available ???? Now what NOW? Attached is the log file if someone wants to have a look.

And there is nothing wrong with my interbet connection - I did some other downloads to test and all looks fine.

Is there perhaps another place where we can maon and groan about this issue.

Tx

autoupdate_log.txt

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fools rush in where Angles fear to tread....

Core i7 4790k, GeForce GTX970 G1, 16Gb Ram, 2 x 256Gb SSD, 2 x 1Tb, enough cooling...

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same problem in Tokyo. It was going steady at around 1-1.5MB/s until I hit about 70%, then it suddenly dropped to 5KB/s with 47 peers! Current speedtest is showing 52mbps download on my connection...so I should be getting what, 6.5MB/s?

• 1 year later...

This is a disgustingly slow installation process. It took 18 hours for the first torrent to finish installing, then another few hours for another 1800Mb torrent - not sure what that was for, then it found another 70Gb update it needed for some reason after taking over an hour to "prepare" the torrent.

I bought this so I could fly it, not wait for days while the software installs. Unacceptable! I'm on NBN by the way (Oz) - I can normally download 1+ Gb files in less than 10 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problems here. Always wondered about this. How it works and why the hell it’s so slow.

My internet connection isn’t the greatest but it’s much faster than this. Most of the time I’m down to a fraction of a fraction of 1 Mbps.

I normally just download the basic install first. 60GB

Make sure it's all good and launches.

Maps are the big one. 30+ GB each, I do these next then the modules.

I have not done a clean full install in many years / many new pc's. Make sure you back up the full install once done (external if possible), this can be copied anywhere any amount of times (If you have space) and launched. Bin folder has the DCS.exe DCS_update.exe. Redo links and done.

To make it clean just run a clean and repair after the copy.

Usually I get 1 to 2 Mbps download.:(

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link