F-105 or F-111?

dundun92

It would be so fun flying so fast, dodging AAA, and flying so low.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

But here is the hard question: F111 or Tornado?

Hmm... I personally would want the F-111, especially if they had an EF-111A. I wouldn't mind a tornado though. Both are nice airplanes.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

F-111 is supersonic at mil power, just saying :music_whistling:

... and it can fly from the US to France without air refueling and without drop tanks.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

F-111 over the 104 (dump and burn anyone?)

But Tornado GR4 over F-111 (Alarms and JP233)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I forget which Dev it was, but one of them had some preliminary 3d modeling on the F-105D Wild Weasel. It'll be a few years yet before you see anything substantial. I want to say it was Razbam, but take that with a grain of salt.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I'd love both but, as a hardcore vietnam air war fan, I'd choose the F105 not just because it was a standout vietnam era fighter, but because most of them were single seaters which I think would be easier to develop than a side by side two seater (well...depending on how Heatblur go with their Jester AI).

But yes, ultimately I'd love an F111 as well (being an aussie). I know they flew operationally in Vietnam as well but I understand they didn't have a really good op record compared to say the Thud.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I'd love both but, as a hardcore vietnam air war fan, I'd choose the F105 not just because it was a standout vietnam era fighter, but because most of them were single seaters which I think would be easier to develop than a side by side two seater (well...depending on how Heatblur go with their Jester AI).

But yes, ultimately I'd love an F111 as well (being an aussie). I know they flew operationally in Vietnam as well but I understand they didn't have a really good op record compared to say the Thud.

I believe you have it switched,from what I’ve read the F-111 did pretty well over Vietnam (they also kept it in service for a while longer too). The F-105 was removed from service due to the high combat loss over Vietnam. (My sources could be wrong so I may be incorrect)

I was inverted B)

Combat losses during the Vietnam war caused the premature removal from service of the F-105D... half of the fleet of D's were lost in combat and other forms of attrition. To be fair though the Thud was never really meant to perform the role it was forced into in Vietnam. The original mission was to deliver a single nuclear weapon on a single combat mission and coming back from that mission was not required. Conventional bombing in the F-105D, sortie after sortie in hostile airspace, took its toll and eventually killed off the type early.

The F-111A performed well in Vietnam and operated in conditions that had other types grounded. It didn't require near the amount of supporting assets to accomplish its mission either. The losses suffered in Vietnam were mainly suspected to be from wing fold pivot failures that reared it's head during training in the US. An F-111A crashed while pulling up off a rocket run at Nellis losing an entire wing at the pivot. The jet had less than 100 hours and grounded the entire fleet until it was fixed. All in all the F-111's combat record was exemplary.

I'd be happy with both.

The Thuds I want are the F-105D, F-105D T-stick II and F-105G Wild Weasel III.

The F-111's I want are the F-111E and F-111F. I'd like comparison aircraft similar to how HB are making with the Tomcat, similar but different.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Id love the Tornado but since its still flying as the GR4, I imagine its unlikely at the moment. F-111 is iconic, would provide an aircraft whose history stretches from Vietnam all the way up to 91 Gulf and could bring some much needed two seater multiplayer. Bring on the aardvark :)

Edited by Jockcop

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"