Some issues I've noted

toilet2000

Hi! While enjoying this awesomely made Viggen, I encountered some small issues here and there and thought it'd a good idea to let you guys know.

Here's the list:

- Radar brightness knob does not adjust brightness in BScope (or even the Nav symbology that shows up when going to TILS landing nav mode).

- At full mil power, there's a clear "reset" of the sound loop for the engine.

- In SPA mode, the radar stick movement are inverted (moving the radar cross up actually moves it down)

- As of 2.5.1, the target indicator circle is still not on target in ANF mode (bombing or BK90), it's well below/closer than the actual target. Launching a BK90 confirms the coordinates are good (hit the intended target, not the one shown under the indicator ring on the HUD)

- As of 2.5.1, in level (Bomb plan) release mode, there's still issues with release sometimes only dropping a single bomb or not dropping at all any bombs. They all drop together when the trigger is let go (which I guess is not what it is supposed to be, if the drop is canceled by the aiming computer, I guess it should not release at all, let alone when releasing the trigger).

- Sometime after inputting the 9099 code, the CK37 panel becomes unresponsive until it is flip from input to output and then input again.

EDIT:

- Oh, and there's a "missile" launching sound when releasing BK90s. It's even in your demo of the new BK90 effects.

- RR Bombing mode in A2 radar mode (B-Scope) does not work. The symbology is not what is shown in the manual (straight line, but it is instead the same as in A1) and does not work (does not move when it should since it's in A2 mode).

- Kneeboard maps are not textured.

- Custom kneeboard images are not possible without an added script like the other modules.

- I don't know if this is normal, but the HUD indications disappear when pitching up or down past a certain angle.

- EP sight is no longer collimated (possible temporary fix for VR problems?). See: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207669

- Radar designated/updated waypoints are not where the radar cross was when pressing TV. Happens on BX8 and other waypoints. See: comment below and https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207409

Reported by Eldur:

- the animation of the throttle lever is wrong when passing the AB stop. Instead of going to the left and then forward while pushing it to the wall, it first goes back a bit and then forward again

- When entering popup points, they're ~5km less than entered when omitting the last (6.) digit. So when I want to have 60°, 7km I have to enter 06012 or (!) 060070 to get the correct popup point

- in the startup process, the SPAK goes on by itself at some point. But then when pressing the switch the first time, nothing happens, the second click will deactivate it. If you're just firing up the electrics, it works as expected.

- I had noticed that the max. sealevel speed at ZON 3 is ~ M 1.02-1.03is after dropping 4 BK M90s (LO: 70% fuel, just 4 BKs MJ mix). It's a lot higher when taking off with a clean Viggen, but after dropping the BKs, it's practically clean and should perform the same.

I could try and get some videos/screenshot if necessary, or send any useful info, just ask! :)

Thanks!

Edited by toilet2000

I have similar problem with the radar when setting the Bx8 waypoint for RB-15F. They waypoint isnt set to the position where i moved the reticule to(The X marker). This applies to both setting the waypoint in NAV and ANF. It seems it gets offset very far away and randomly, happens for both Bx8 and Bx7 waypoints.

I was trying this for last 2days after 2.5.1 and cant get it to work for the standard launch procedure for the RB-15F.

Oh, I noticed that issue with the input after punching in 9099 as well. Usually it doesn't react to the first 3 digits then and ignores the first three digit fields and then starts entering the last 3 ones. I'm flipping UT/IN around to get around that as well.

I might just throw in some more things I noticed - but I must admit my last flights were in the last 2.5.0 version and I don't have access to DCS at the moment.

- the animation of the throttle lever is wrong when passing the AB stop. Instead of going to the left and then forward while pushing it to the wall, it first goes back a bit and then forward again

- When entering popup points, they're ~5km less than entered when omitting the last (6.) digit. So when I want to have 60°, 7km I have to enter 06012 or (!) 060070 to get the correct popup point

- in the startup process, the SPAK goes on by itself at some point. But then when pressing the switch the first time, nothing happens, the second click will deactivate it. If you're just firing up the electrics, it works as expected.

- I had noticed that the max. sealevel speed at ZON 3 is ~ M 1.02-1.03is after dropping 4 BK M90s (LO: 70% fuel, just 4 BKs MJ mix). It's a lot higher when taking off with a clean Viggen, but after dropping the BKs, it's practically clean and should perform the same.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I got the same problem with the RB-15F.

I cannot set the Bx6-9 waypoints.

Setting Bx8 first, will let the circle and crosshair disappear after hitting TV set and trying to afterwards set Bx7 and Bx9 gives me EL on the waypoint readout until hitting T0.

I had no problems using the RB-15F in DCS 1.5.8 and 2.5.0, so these issues must have been introduced with 2.5.1.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.