Running initial start up

Hey Gents,

Just thought I would get back into flying the 109 for a bit an I am hitting a snag. Now I am not sure if it has to do with my lack of radio experience in the 109 or the new patch released.

I tune into the tower (triangle on the comms knob) granted the start up from ATC, then when I request ground crew to run initial start up, no response. The ground crew responds to rearming and refueling, but not to the run up. I have tried everything I know possible. Made sure it was F8 then F4. Still no go. I am hoping it is a simple fix as I can not get the bird started without it.

I have checked all circuit breakers and as stated above, it seems I have comms with everybody except at this stage. Even followed the training mission to the T, no go when I get to that point. When I request the run up, my pilot says nothing and neither does the ground crew.

it is known issue, from last update list:

Bf 109 do not work request for inertial starter

may be, is it that?

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Under Controls you can set a short Cut Button called "Signal Starter Ground Crew" to work without Radio Menue...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Under Controls you can set a short Cut Button called "Signal Starter Ground Crew" to work without Radio Menue...

Doesn't seem to be possible to assign, though...

Edit - correction - impossible to assign to a key, but any joystick button will do.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A work around:

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Input\Bf-109K-4\keyboard\default.lua

Open de .lua with Notepad++

Go to line 12

Delete the double -- at the start of the line to activate the combo.

Ground Starter working again at radio command.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Why in the world would the devs change it..?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I call the ground crew, ask for the start, and if you listen carefully you can hear the starter motor wind up after about 30 seconds. Once the whirring sound levels off to a consistent level,

pull the starter handle and release, the engine then starts.

Most times I have to do this twice to get it to start. Good luck!

Then in 2.5.1 just, after doing my fix, go to controls and map a key for the starter.

In 2.5.1 you can bind a key and keep pressed that key to charge the starter prior to start the engine. Just look for the engine starter in controls and map It.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Then in 2.5.1 just, after doing my fix, go to controls and map a key for the starter.

In 2.5.1 you can bind a key and keep pressed that key to charge the starter prior to start the engine. Just look for the engine starter in controls and map It.

Why do you keep the key pressed?

I mapped a pushbutton to "Signal Starter Crew" and I just push the button once. No need to hold it.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Maybe you are right. In my first try i've pressed once but the starter didnt get charged, thats why on my second attempt i've pressed the key all the way down.

But maybe you are right and the starter only need one press. I will try again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]