F-15C Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers DLC

The F-15C Aggressors BFM campaign puts you in the cockpit of an F-15C Eagle, as a new Aggressor pilot with the 65th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base.

Based on real world procedures, you will fly as Red Air against Blue Air Forces.

Upon arrival, you will fly a familiarization flight around the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). Then you will face a series of challenging Basic Fighter Maneuver (BFM) missions against similar and dis-similar aircraft.

Your opponents include the F-4E, F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, MiG-29G, CF-188 and MiG-21.

Additionally there are 10 single player practice missions with in-air starts so you can perfect your BFM tactics, techniques and procedures.

There are over 1000 voiceovers and over 45 pages of briefing material including the F-15C Amplified Checklist, RED FLAG Spins, Red Forces In Flight Guide, Maps, Diagrams, Custom Kneeboards and Mission Data cards.

You will need DCS 2.5, the Flamming Cliffs-3 or F-15C Module and the NTTR Map Module for this campaign.

All the missions both Campaign and Single Player are available under this path:

<your drive letter>:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS World OpenBetaModscampaignsF-15C Aggressors BFM Campaign

We also placed the practice missions in their own campaign so you should see them in the campaigns folder.

Documentation for the campaign can be found under this path:

<your drive letter>:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS World OpenBetaModscampaignsF-15C Aggressors BFM CampaignDoc

Hints and Tips:

Study the documents and review the mission briefings which are critical to mission success.

Make sure you drop your center tank before engaging.

Use the F10 Menu to communicate when you are READY to start the engagements.

You can exit the missions after the final mission message or continue to fly and land - it's your choice.

We hope you enjoy this campaign. We believe it will make you a better pilot helping you to succeed in future combat missions. Good luck!

Please watch our blog for updates: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hey Sabre,

I have flown first two missions and looking forward to the third (if all goes well tonight, I hope to learn something more about A-A in which I still utterly suck).

Very nice intro (mission 1), nice idea. Also great attention to details when it comes to documents, departures, arrivals, briefings etc.

Well done!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

@Baltic - Thanks for the feedback! This campaign like the F-5E BFM campaign will give you lots of practice in ACT and DACT BFM. You are flying against the best the computer can provide so it can be very challenging even in the Eagle.

@Charley - Yes the F-15C BFT campaign is still being developed. The BFM campaign came out quicker as we were able to leverage much of the F-5E BFM campaign programming and voice overs.

The F-15C BFT campaign has a whole new set of voice overs plus testing against all the recent game engine changes has been challenging.

Ok having played up to and including the M2000Cs I feel I'm in a position where I can give a little feedback.

The campaign itself is (not surprisingly) easier than the F-5E version of the campaign. I don't mean that as a bad thing. With the way the AI cheats the flight model the F-5 campaign could be very frustrating. The F-15, being a better aircraft, overcomes some of this, consequently this version of the campaign is probably a better version of the campaign for those newer to BFM to start with.

There are a few of the voice overs that sound a little funny because they have been cut slightly as we don't need tacan / heading information on the FAM flight and on one of the missions your wingman is randomly in an F-16 instead of an F-15 which was slightly confusing on the ramp until they started taxiing.

Once again the best time to be scoring kills is during the head to head stage of the engagement. With the F-15s power if you don't start turning early enough with the merge its possible to extend and reengage head to head if you feel its required also if you feel that the fight is going badly it is often possible to reset the fight in this way.

Overall I'm enjoying the campaign and look forward to getting an F15 ACM remake if that is on the cards.

O4qdeIa.jpg

MX Delay

Hi Gents,

Can you guys help me brainstorm here?

I simply can't get Docs in the F-15C Aggressors Campaign folder.

1. I have NTTR of course

2. I have 2.5.1 Open Beta

3. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling campaign

4. I deleted the folder and reinstalled

Just can't get my hands on the SPINS, IFGs, and Charts without Docs installing itself. Any ideas?

1327178419_F-15CAggressorsBFMCampaignFolder.PNG.40631d329e4002cf8699ea48140fd0ce.PNG

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

That's been reported - sorry should have posted a notice when we found out. ED missed including the docs in the initial release.

They will be available in the next update.

The SPINS and other docs are in the mission briefing screens so you can still see them just the PDF copies are not available.

You can also use the in-game Kneeboard to view the IFG and Mission Data card.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

@Hatefury - thanks for the feedback, please continue to post your thoughts and comments.

I'd be interested to hear from players that don't have the F-5E Campaign if they notice the Tacan voice over truncation. If it's a problem we can try and smooth them out so they sound better.

Yes we are planning an F-15C ACM and Aggressors Red Flag campaign as well - similar to what we are doing for the F-5E.

We love the Aggressor aircraft and hope these campaigns help everyone become great Aggressor pilots!

Ok campaign completed. Pretty much everything I said earlier holds true still. I enjoyed the campaign. The fact the AI doesn't fly by the same rules as players is outside your guys control and as I mentioned previously because we are in a much better aircraft this time around its a far less frustrating factor than the F-5 campaign as the F-15 often does have the power to follow them through that obnoxious climb that they always do when you get behind them.

Consequently a much better campaign to learn BFM against the AI than the F-5 and I'm looking forward to the next one.

just my two pence

It still bugs me we actually kill the other aircraft, I know this isn't Maple Flags fault.

I'd much rather this was, laser tag/gun sight on oppfor for 3 seconds or however non lethal ACM is "scored" that way, once a kill is called, both planes can "knock it off" and start over.

like i said, just my wishlist

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

..........as the F-15 often does have the power to follow them through that obnoxious climb that they always do when you get behind them.

Consequently a much better campaign to learn BFM against the AI than the F-5 and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Couldn't agree more. Better BFM, different look, same AI, though I enjoyed the F-5 BFM & ACM also. The only change I would like is not having to fly up there and back each sortie - 'cause I'm lazy.

It was kinda nice seeing the same thing, but with the ability to initiate a vertical fight (vs respond to one) was a welcomed change.

My only critique is a question, not a criticism. BFM10: 1v1 GO, F-15E? Couldn't read ahead, so I thought, "Uh oh, here comes a Su-[fill in the blank]. Nope, >> Strike Eagle. Can that be changed?

Again, thanks for a great campaign.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this campaign but one thing bugs me...

This BFM campaign is set in 2006.

Flying against MiG-21 of Polish Air Force ??

MiG-21 in PLAF was retired and replaced with F-16C/D back in 2003...

Would be more realistic if it was Romania. They still operate them.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

When is this coming out onto STEAM, i'm looking forward to trying it out... I have both of the F-5E campaigns you guys made, and I can't manage to smack the AI around in the F-5E. Hope I can do better in the F-15C.

We had to use some artistic license as Poland didn't participate in Red Flag until 2012 and Romania in 2015 and the Red Eagles disbanded in 1988.

We liked the all metal skins of the Polish fighters so we decided to use them.

This BFM campaign is set in 2006.

Flying against MiG-21 of Polish Air Force ??

MiG-21 in PLAF was retired and replaced with F-16C/D back in 2003...

Would be more realistic if it was Romania. They still operate them.

BFM in the F-15C is easier given the capabilities of that aircraft but the maneuvering and SA are still challenging.

ED decides when it will be released on STEAM but it's usually a few months after the ED release.

When is this coming out onto STEAM, i'm looking forward to trying it out... I have both of the F-5E campaigns you guys made, and I can't manage to smack the AI around in the F-5E. Hope I can do better in the F-15C.