JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Could you possible set an option in the ‘special’ optionsfor the 17, where you set you ecm presets, where people can choose the real 17’s TTS, or deka’s custome voiceover?

Ik you’re very close to release so maybe not straight away, but it could be something to think about? :thumbup:

It's done already. :)

Read video descriptions in which SD-10 has multi stage boosters and 1st stage booster has 60 to 70% advantage over Aim 120

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Yeah but if you saw the SD-10 has better energy retention than the AIM-120C:

The AIM-120C began to fall out of the sky at Mach .8, and the SD-10 kept flying straight even at Mach .68.

The AIM-120s have always been modeled incorrectly AFAIK. They can barely reach their advertised ranges in the simulation meanwhile these SD-10s can. Hopefully this will push ED to correct missile FMs and behaviors soon.

Edited by J20Stronk

They will never update missiles to 'real life' behavior, because we don't really know what it is. We can maybe get closer to 'real life', but that's about it.

As for notching/ecm/CMs being a joke, I wonder why real aircraft carry them if that's so and why evasion methods that we at least know of involve the beam and the notch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

They will never update missiles to 'real life' behavior, because we don't really know what it is. We can maybe get closer to 'real life', but that's about it.

As for notching/ecm/CMs being a joke, I wonder why real aircraft carry them if that's so and why evasion methods that we at least know of involve the beam and the notch.

How did you do on the reading comprehension section of your SATs?

Hi! Hello everyone! I know that the last live video, air to ground radar problems, caused everyone's unease. This can be solved by setting. Fortunately, they fixed the bug quickly. Here is a player's latest air to ground radar demonstration. The air to ground radar operates normally and the efficiency of searching targets is amazing. I believe it will bring you unprecedented experience

https://b23.tv/av77262423

if anything, those ground targets stand out too much in RBM.

My understanding was that RBM was primarily for navigation and terrain referencing due to its poor resolution. With other modes like GMTI, DBS, SEA, etc being the primary means of detecting targets with the radar.

What is the maximum amount of SD-10 missiles that can be attached to the JF-17 at once?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

And another question - according to Wikipedia, there are only 3 operators of JF-17 Thunder - Myanmar, Nigeria and Pakistan. But its Chinese/Pakistan aircraft. So China make the aircraft...but don't have it. Very strange...

All these YouTube guys posting showcase videos of JF-17. Make a startup tutorial already! I want to get clicking in the cockpit the moment I get it. Also, thank you guys for the much needed exposure.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

And another question - according to Wikipedia, there are only 3 operators of JF-17 Thunder - Myanmar, Nigeria and Pakistan. But its Chinese/Pakistan aircraft. So China make the aircraft...but don't have it. Very strange...

JF-17 was designed for Pakistan's needs and a nearly absurd amount of modularity in mind. Which just so happens coincides with the needs of a lot of other countries other than China looking for affordable, easy to maintain jets. Its not a bad idea considering dollar for dollar, you'll have 3 flights of two JF-17 vs 1 flight of two F16 for the same cost. Also IIRC the plane was supposed to be called F-17 but they decided to honor the collaboration by calling it Joint Fighter 17 instead. China can simply afford to spend a lot of cash into more specialized, expensive planes in large enough numbers that it doesn't really need the JF-17.

Can we get a bit more information on the rockets ? What warhead and so on ?

They seem a bit too strong right now for something which was intended for soft targets

It seems that players wont accept that BRM-1 have AP capability,

we will remove AP, it will have HE damage only. :)

Well does it have that capability ? I asked if we could get more information, or if you could direct me where to read.... if it is capable, there is no issue.

Kinda hard to believe a 90mm HEAT (Is it even HEAT ?) rocket can 1 shot a modern MBT from the front. That doesn't mean that it cannot kill it eventually. So please, lets look at this objectively...

Information and possible correction is what I am asking for, not removal

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Well does it have that capability ? I asked if we could get more information, or if you could direct me where to read.... if it is capable, there is no issue.

Kinda hard to believe a 90mm HEAT rocket can 1 shot a modern MBT from the front. That doesn't mean that it cannot kill it eventually. So please, lets look at this objectively...

It is hard to believe for you only.

BRM-1 is a super-cool anti-tank weapon, and its realistic, Deka pls dont remove it just because some of players cant understand how it works.

Edited by VDV