JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Flying around with Jeff I really wish for one thing - that it would have a cheek station for TPOD a la F-16.

That would allow for more flexible loadouts.

• Like 3

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

• 3 weeks later...

So after talking to Dragon Jockey for a bit he showed me what looks to me to be an authentic picture of a JF-17 in flight with EEGS on the HUD without lock. Minor differences from Viper but symbology is very similar. I don’t know how possible it is for Deka to implement if there are other things of a late time frame they would need to include first or other documentation they may not have and need for things like HOTAS integration, but the evidence shown to me is not insignificant and atleast shows it exists. If Deka has the sources to do this it would be a very welcome addition

Gun pointed 2.5 degrees down be damned I love working with the challenge and she’s a joy in BFM, with the ability to make high G snapshots it’s going to make just dogfight server really fun! 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 1/10/2021 at 9:47 PM, killkenny1 said:

Flying around with Jeff I really wish for one thing - that it would have a cheek station for TPOD a la F-16.

That would allow for more flexible loadouts.

i too would love a cheek pod, but sadly there's no evidence of it being considered in real life

12 hours ago, Kerbo 416 said:

i too would love a cheek pod, but sadly there's no evidence of it being considered in real life

There is a coin given to people who attended the maiden flight of block 3 and it shows a cheek pod, I’ll see if I can find the photo of it I saved 

• Like 3

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

10 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

There is a coin given to people who attended the maiden flight of block 3 and it shows a cheek pod, I’ll see if I can find the photo of it I saved 

I really hope deka can incorporate some features from the block 3 if they can, such as the cheek pod or the HMD if it's true that they carried them

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Now that sounds intriguing!

• Like 1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder. Am I the only one who feels that FBW/drag should be tuned? Jeff is the only plane which I struggle to pull out from a dive and it does not bleed energy while turning as other planes, for example f-16.

Otherwise a beatiful little bird which is fun to fly.

Hello.

When will be added the wing bend effect?

• Like 1

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Can the frequencies of the aerodromes dynamically updated with DTC? So, data of the aerodromes loaded from 50 to 58 and their frequencies also dynamically sets to channels from 50 to 58? 

Не лазить руками туда, куда не лезет голова © USSR_Rik

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2021 at 10:05 PM, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Dude are you serious? How can you type something like this with so much confidence? Literally Every Single Plane bends its wings.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:18 PM, Skysurfer said:

Every wing bends to some extent IRL. If it didn't flex it'd just break off when loaded.

It has been said by Deka, that the JF-17 doesn't bend it's wing on the videos.

I know every wing bend, but it may bend so little that it is an insignificant movement on the wing, and may it isn't worth it to develope it for so little movement. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, paco2002 said:

It has been said by Deka, that the JF-17 doesn't bend it's wing on the videos.

I know every wing bend, but it may bend so little that it is an insignificant movement on the wing, and may it isn't worth it to develope it for so little movement. 

If those videos are airshows ofcourse theyre not gonna see big deal. Do they expect to see test pilots to push the plane to alsmost on the point they brake?

1 hour ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

If those videos are airshows ofcourse theyre not gonna see big deal. Do they expect to see test pilots to push the plane to alsmost on the point they brake?

Wings flexing has nothing to do with the plane breaking in any way, it's a function of lift, load factor and vorticity. The JF-17 wing not bending much is probably just an indication about it's structural design and fairly limited airframe life span based on the wingspar and box. 

Edited by Skysurfer

1 hour ago, Skysurfer said:

Wings flexing has nothing to do with the plane breaking in any way, it's a function of lift, load factor and vorticity. The JF-17 wing not bending much is probably just an indication about it's structural design and fairly limited airframe life span based on the wingspar and box. 

You missed the point completly. The point is there arent going to see any on the camera because theyre barely pushing the plane. ....bonus 720p gang

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot

1 hour ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

You missed the point completly. The point is there arent going to see any on the camera because theyre barely pushing the plane. ....bonus 720p gang

How do you know they are "barely pushing the plane" ? 

Is it me or Jeff's cockpit was updated in 2.7?

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!