JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

On 4/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

You missed the point completly. The point is there arent going to see any on the camera because theyre barely pushing the plane. ....bonus 720p gang

It was not air show video. I have no idea where the actual comment was but Deka asked their sources at Chengdu/actual JF-17 pilots and they said the pilot can’t notice any wing flexing during maneuvers because the flexing is so little, and is thus not worth spending resources on. I’m pretty sure the case is exactly the same with the A-10 never getting wing flexing with it’s updated A-10C II model in DCS. I believe it was an SME on here that said there is no noticeable bend in the A-10 wing under any conditions. It’s not impossible

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 2/1/2021 at 2:24 AM, AeriaGloria said:

There is a coin given to people who attended the maiden flight of block 3 and it shows a cheek pod, I’ll see if I can find the photo of it I saved 

Well apparently it is true.

https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/pylon-jpg.737988/

Edited by killkenny1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

On 5/6/2021 at 12:37 AM, Vampiresquid said:

Has anyone else noticed lower refresh rate in the JF17 hud? This patch..

Yes i have also noticed in the latest update, pitch ladder refresh rate is smooth as before but airspeed and altimeter reading have now very very low refresh rates, i doubt if in real life Jeff has low refresh rates on HUD coz they doesn't look very good at all :p 

On 2/14/2021 at 1:54 AM, Zhivuchiy said:

I wonder. Am I the only one who feels that FBW/drag should be tuned? Jeff is the only plane which I struggle to pull out from a dive and it does not bleed energy while turning as other planes, for example f-16.

Otherwise a beatiful little bird which is fun to fly.

I didn't spot any anomalies in CL CD curves or the testing results of SEP, and the FBW is line by line coded according to the real graph. Are you accelerating above M0.85, since that would have your g-limit reduced to 6g.

You would be mostly flying at a lower AOA than an F-16 due to it's lower wing loading, thus a lower induces drag. (Unless you load it up.) Other than that the CL and CD themselves at subsonic regions are roughly on-par with an F-16, with less wing reference area. Being limited to 6g means you'll be pulling very little AOA, hence the impression of not bleeding energy.

Anyways we need the following info to check if SEP at any specific point is correct or not: airspeed bleed rate, mach number, G, AOA, altitude, fuel and loadout, power settings, ambient temperature.

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

4 часа назад, LJQCN101 сказал:

I didn't spot any anomalies in CL CD curves or the testing results of SEP, and the FBW is line by line coded according to the real graph. Are you accelerating above M0.85, since that would have your g-limit reduced to 6g.

You would be mostly flying at a lower AOA than an F-16 due to it's lower wing loading, thus a lower induces drag. (Unless you load it up.) Other than that the CL and CD themselves at subsonic regions are roughly on-par with an F-16, with less wing reference area. Being limited to 6g means you'll be pulling very little AOA, hence the impression of not bleeding energy.

Anyways we need the following info to check if SEP at any specific point is correct or not: airspeed bleed rate, mach number, G, AOA, altitude, fuel and loadout, power settings, ambient temperature.

Thank you, in 2.7 I do not see this behavior anymore.
BTW: Are you familiar with this tool : https://dcs.silver.ru

2.7 data is still not there yet, though.

Edited by Zhivuchiy

9 hours ago, LJQCN101 said:

The only thing bothering me is the absurdly slow spool rate of the RD-93. Is it really this slow on the real plane?

It takes roughly 6-7 seconds to go from 72% RPM to 80%. And the smaller the RPM change increment, the slower the spool rate.

Basically, there appears to be some really bad RPM Smoothing Curve similar to Mouse Acceleration in FPS video games. Smaller increments like 75% -> 80% have a spool rate of ~1%/sec, while 75% -> 95% has a spool rate of ~5%/sec. (Which is still really slow)

This RPM curve makes it really difficult to land and AAR, or pick up speed after a dive bombing maneuver.

Again, I don't know if this is correct for the DEEC to apply a really slow curve to the throttle, but I doubt anyone would use an engine that has such sluggish throttle response times.

It should also be noted, the MiG-29s RD-33 spools much faster at about 8%/s to 12%/s, and it doesn't seem to have that anoying curve affecting the small throttle increments.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:07 AM, Vampiresquid said:

Has anyone else noticed lower refresh rate in the JF17 hud? This patch..

The refresh rate has reduced... and about the speed and altitude ladders, it has got a 4-5ish frame per second update now, instead of the smooth rising or lowering ladder we had on the sides.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So... When will the JF-17 be converted from a remote controlled aircraft to an aircraft with a pilot inside the cockpit? 😏

Has Deka at any point announced or confirmed that they are working on a pilot body? And (I know, small chance) did they give any eta?

I'm getting to a point where I'm ready to learn (purchase) a new module and I have a few of them in mind. Unfortunately, non of them have a pilot body (yet) and I decided to stop buying modules that won't get a pilot body. So I wonder, is Deka developing arms and legs? 🙂 

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 11:46 AM, sirrah said:

So... When will the JF-17 be converted from a remote controlled aircraft to an aircraft with a pilot inside the cockpit? 😏

Has Deka at any point announced or confirmed that they are working on a pilot body? And (I know, small chance) did they give any eta?

I'm getting to a point where I'm ready to learn (purchase) a new module and I have a few of them in mind. Unfortunately, non of them have a pilot body (yet) and I decided to stop buying modules that won't get a pilot body. So I wonder, is Deka developing arms and legs? 🙂 

Why not focus on better request.. DO you look a lot at the pilot's legs and body while flying? I would recommend looking outside the cokpit or the instruments 😛

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tinchus2009 said:

Why not focus on better request.. DO you look a lot at the pilot's legs and body while flying? I would recommend looking outside the cokpit or the instruments 😛

Well yes, in VR I constantly see my legs. VR has quite a large vertical fov (compared to pancake)

I stopped flying the Viper, because constantly seeing those empty gaps where my legs should be, is so immensely fake and (sorry for using the "i-word") immersion killing.

I rather wait for the pilot body to be added, so the cockpit feels as cramped as it does irl

Hense I wondered if anything was planned/on the horizon for the Jeff 🙂

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Roger01 said:

Any news for the Block III and/or HMD? 🥰

We wont get Block 3 since its to classified and its not even in service yet. HMD is done but not implemeted because the Pakistan airforce dont have it in their Block 1/2 planes. It was intruduced with the Block 3 which we wont get but they also said if they add the HMD to block I/II, they will add them too.

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 1

My skins

22 hours ago, Roger01 said:

Ho 😞 thanks for that.

And the JF-17B? 😁

JF-17B only makes sense if we had block 2, and even then not totally easy as JF-17B is more like Block 2.5 with its 3 axis fly by optics and greater amount of composites. Would require quite an upgrade. There is alot before it could even be a block 2 in DCS, OBOGS, dedicated datalink radio, KLJ-7v2, increased payload limit, greater composites, LED landing lights, I always miss a few things. And JF-17B also has small fuel tank in vertical stabilizer, with a higher swept vertical stabilizer and bigger cockpit would require re doing the EFM. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 1 month later...

So, I was wondering: since MGRS / UTM is the gift that keeps on giving - anyone knows if the RL Jeff can handle MGRS / UTM coordinate entry, and if so, has there been any word on that by the Devs?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed the JSOWs in the Jeff get really bad release range compared to the FA18's, that is flying angels 30 mach 0.9 ish, mission I did today I remember getting in the release line about 27 nm from the target wheres in the FA18 I can easily get 40+, is that normal or am I missing something?