JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

On 1/22/2022 at 8:01 PM, Pekins said:

Noticed the JSOWs in the Jeff get really bad release range compared to the FA18's, that is flying angels 30 mach 0.9 ish, mission I did today I remember getting in the release line about 27 nm from the target wheres in the FA18 I can easily get 40+, is that normal or am I missing something?

this is under investigation.

quite weird, the range from the API is much shorter than ls-6.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hello, I have faced with a problem of laser tracking on Pod on jf17. The problem that after 5-10 minutes of using laser with gbu-12 or brm it disabling, it shows range, but no laser flickering in the corner, so i can not use laser guided equipment. I have tried a lot of thins, this happenes everytime. Even, I have landed, took off and put on the pod with changing of cartridge, but problem remains. Only reset of aircraft helps, but only for first 5-10 minutes of using laser. I tried also to turn on\off manually, with binding, laser turn on\off button works only during this first 5-10 minutes, after no reaction for input. The problem remains in both of modes, auto and man. Even I tried to turn on and off by myself on when I need it, each time the same result, after 5-7 minutes laser breaks.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:43 AM, KaniFULL said:

Hello, I have faced with a problem of laser tracking on Pod on jf17. The problem that after 5-10 minutes of using laser with gbu-12 or brm it disabling, it shows range, but no laser flickering in the corner, so i can not use laser guided equipment. I have tried a lot of thins, this happenes everytime. Even, I have landed, took off and put on the pod with changing of cartridge, but problem remains. Only reset of aircraft helps, but only for first 5-10 minutes of using laser. I tried also to turn on\off manually, with binding, laser turn on\off button works only during this first 5-10 minutes, after no reaction for input. The problem remains in both of modes, auto and man. Even I tried to turn on and off by myself on when I need it, each time the same result, after 5-7 minutes laser breaks.

Apparently bug from patch. Wait for fix

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Hi

Please let me know if this is the wrong thread for these questions as I have never posted on this forum before. I just have some potentially noob questions about the SD-10 as I fly the JF a lot on the Growling Sidewinder server these days.

1. Does the SD-10 have a home on jam capability in DCS? I see on PvP servers a lot more people are using jammer pods. I have fired on jamming targets but get no time to active on the HUD. Don't think I have hit anything either... 😞

2. In the Stores management page for the Sd-10 there is an option call "Limiter". It can have values of Off, 0.2, 0.5. I was wondering what that does?

3. Should the SD-10 just go into space if you loose TWS radar lock before the missile goes pitbull? I am finding that if I loose lock before the missile has gone pitbull it just carries on up into space and never comes down until it runs out of speed. I assume it goes pitbull up at 60,000 feet somewhere... If this is how the SD-10 really works that is fine. 

Perhaps the INS has not been added yet???

Thanks

On 2/4/2022 at 2:46 PM, DropKick said:

Hi

Please let me know if this is the wrong thread for these questions as I have never posted on this forum before. I just have some potentially noob questions about the SD-10 as I fly the JF a lot on the Growling Sidewinder server these days.

1. Does the SD-10 have a home on jam capability in DCS? I see on PvP servers a lot more people are using jammer pods. I have fired on jamming targets but get no time to active on the HUD. Don't think I have hit anything either... 😞

2. In the Stores management page for the Sd-10 there is an option call "Limiter". It can have values of Off, 0.2, 0.5. I was wondering what that does?

3. Should the SD-10 just go into space if you loose TWS radar lock before the missile goes pitbull? I am finding that if I loose lock before the missile has gone pitbull it just carries on up into space and never comes down until it runs out of speed. I assume it goes pitbull up at 60,000 feet somewhere... If this is how the SD-10 really works that is fine. 

Perhaps the INS has not been added yet???

Thanks

1. Yes, HOJ is passive, so you won’t get time to active. HOJ is simple proportional navigation guidance with no range info, so less able to hit and if they turn off jammer it loses track 

2. Limiter is not for SD-10 but for gun burst length and appears on most SMS pages

3. Yes it does not have INS update Ala AMRAAM yet. AMRAAM did the same between having midcourse guidance update and INS

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

2 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

In DCS or IRL? 

DCS. I’m sure eventually it will be updated to same standard as AIM-120 to have INS. Without INS it wouldn’t be able to have miscourse guidance, it’s just the way the INS and miscourse guidance is modeled on AMRAAM is extremely detailed and scrupulous while SD-10 uses old scheme of “head to this point unless lock is broken and then fly straight even if that happens during loft and send you to space”

3小时前,AeriaGloria说:

DCS. I’m sure eventually it will be updated to same standard as AIM-120 to have INS. Without INS it wouldn’t be able to have miscourse guidance, it’s just the way the INS and miscourse guidance is modeled on AMRAAM is extremely detailed and scrupulous while SD-10 uses old scheme of “head to this point unless lock is broken and then fly straight even if that happens during loft and send you to space”

Earlier when AIM-120 just got the INS, I remembered to ask Deka somewhere else if we would get the same thing on SD-10. They said yes but not immediately because they are not satisfied with present INS on AIM-120 to directly shift it to SD-10 and need time for a more suitable one.

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

12 hours ago, Torbernite said:

Earlier when AIM-120 just got the INS, I remembered to ask Deka somewhere else if we would get the same thing on SD-10. They said yes but not immediately because they are not satisfied with present INS on AIM-120 to directly shift it to SD-10 and need time for a more suitable one.

Yeah the missile update thing is annoying all around. But it's nessasry, and we will all be glad that did it once it's done. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Napillo said:

The SD-10 is able to be launched on a Link-17 target IRL, idk why Deka won't allow it.

They have mentioned the possibility of adding it. I’m sure it takes significant coding and information that is hard to come by. I mean really, how would you launch on a DL target? It requires some HSD cursor to select or some sort of MSI integration between radar and datalink that allows you to select it

Edited by AeriaGloria

3 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

They have mentioned the possibility of adding it. I’m sure it takes significant coding and information that is hard to come by. I mean really, how would you launch on a DL target? It requires some HSD cursor to select or some sort of MSI integration between radar and datalink that allows you to select it

Maybe it is simply a function, where you can export DL contacts from the HSD sensor cone to the radar screen, when radar itself is set to silent? I don't know how it works IRL, but it would be an interesting functionality! 

3 hours ago, Fairey Gannet said:

Maybe it is simply a function, where you can export DL contacts from the HSD sensor cone to the radar screen, when radar itself is set to silent? I don't know how it works IRL, but it would be an interesting functionality! 

In Hornet MSI presents DL targets on radar no matter if it’s on or off I believe. Would be the simplest way, but they would need to know it works that way and different symbology, what the symbols look like to tell you “your radar sees this.” “Your datalink sees this,” and “your radar and datalink both see this.” Apparently Hornet can shoot on datalink contacts it’s just not implemented. With the new missile API, simulating INS and the datalink commands, it might also be needed that ED program it into their radar/missile API for it to work. Who knows 

8 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

It was said that it was not made due to DCS limitations.

3 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Your datalink sees this

they already have this for the HSD page - underline means your radar sees it, no underline means you see it. they could port that to the radar...

Also, I was reading up on the SPJ - the specific one modeled has the feature that it automatically will IFF incoming radar contacts. idk how that would display on the rwr.

and the tail should have an EW suite as well that can do some IR jamming, and will select the appropriate chaff or flare depending on the missile that is chasing you.

and once I was able to lock onto a ground target with PL-5EII - not sure how to replicate it, but it did take out the target. I'm assuming it works the way the Aim-9R 

4 hours ago, Napillo said:

they already have this for the HSD page - underline means your radar sees it, no underline means you see it. they could port that to the radar...

Also, I was reading up on the SPJ - the specific one modeled has the feature that it automatically will IFF incoming radar contacts. idk how that would display on the rwr.

and the tail should have an EW suite as well that can do some IR jamming, and will select the appropriate chaff or flare depending on the missile that is chasing you.

and once I was able to lock onto a ground target with PL-5EII - not sure how to replicate it, but it did take out the target. I'm assuming it works the way the Aim-9R 

No idea where you heard tail has IR jammer? There is only UV sensors back there, you have a source? 

And yeah targets are underline if radar sees them on HSD, still need a specific way to choose. Just becuase it could be ported doesn’t mean it should

Edited by AeriaGloria

21 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

you have a source? 

There was a video presentation on the JF-17 that the designer of the aircraft had made, he mentions the EW suite is provided by some specific company, and when I looked up that company's EW suite, they mention the fact that there is a laser that can aim at the seeker head of the IR missile to decoy it.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:10 PM, Napillo said:

There was a video presentation on the JF-17 that the designer of the aircraft had made, he mentions the EW suite is provided by some specific company, and when I looked up that company's EW suite, they mention the fact that there is a laser that can aim at the seeker head of the IR missile to decoy it.

You might mean Indra. They are a Spanish company and make lots of things. They make the ALR-400 RWR for the JF-17, but don’t make the MAWS system or anything else. Their front page mentions the ALR-400, and their DIRCM systems, but mentioning both systems on front page of company that makes many things does not mean JF-17 has it. 

Here is the brochure for the ALR-400 RWR, the only part they make for JF-17. It does not mention any DIRCM becuase it is only a RWR unit https://www.indracompany.com/sites/default/files/indra_alr-400_rwr.pdf

https://www.indracompany.com/sites/default/files/indra_alr-400_radar_warning_receiver_en_02_2019.pdf

besides, such systems requires laser turrets, of which there are none visible on the JF-17 airframe 

Edited by AeriaGloria

22 minutes ago, DrWalnuss said:

Where news for new weapons

CM-400AKG and LS-6 100/250 are planed

23 minutes ago, DrWalnuss said:

the fix when i shoot missles and my engine have an error?

That is not a error. Thats the Anti-Surge system which throttles your engine down to prevent a disruption of the airflow causing a compressor stall when the exhaust of a missile enters the engine.

28 minutes ago, DrWalnuss said:

Where block II or block III news?

We wont get any Block II or Block III. They are too classified and Block III isnt even in service yet.

29 minutes ago, DrWalnuss said:

Where SDB?

JF-17 doesnt carry any small diameter bombs.

My skins

I noticed that the SD-10 is quite effective at high altitudes and high speeds. However, near to the ground (or water), I've also seen missiles going stupid when I was perfectly between the MAR and the NEZ and in a superior position over the enemy. Also, versus quite radar cross section heavy targets, like Flankers and Fulcrums, not against a F-5 or something tiny.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if RL WMD7 pod has NVG visible IR pointer? I took part in a night mission recently at it was pretty neat seeing all those lasers in the distance, it also makes buddy lasing easier if like in Harrier you can designate and use pointer at the same time.

By the way, new FLIR looks amazing on those big MFD's we have in JF-17