JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

1 hour ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if RL WMD7 pod has NVG visible IR pointer? I took part in a night mission recently at it was pretty neat seeing all those lasers in the distance, it also makes buddy lasing easier if like in Harrier you can designate and use pointer at the same time.

By the way, new FLIR looks amazing on those big MFD's we have in JF-17

Hi

AFAIK, there’s no laser IR.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times but, will there be an option for a HMD in the future? I was wondering since the current variant already has some block II features and i would kill for a HMD especially seeing how useful it is in the Russian jets. 

4 hours ago, Leon.S said:

Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times but, will there be an option for a HMD in the future? I was wondering since the current variant already has some block II features and i would kill for a HMD especially seeing how useful it is in the Russian jets. 

No. The block II does not have a HMD in real life. Only block III. The button may be there to turn it on, but it’s not actually used 

Deka said if there is evidence that an operator pays for it to use it on earlier blocks and they have the info to do it they will, but that’s it 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a project roadmap for the jeff? I was wondering since its been relatively quiet recently and was wondering what is planned for the future. I know ive said this before but i do really wish to see some wingflex even if its the smallest bit of movement. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leon.S said:

really wish to see some wingflex even if its the smallest bit of movement.

the wings are not supposed to bend In JF-17. Real pilots were asked, and they said that you cannot visually notice any wing bending during maneuvers

• 1 month later...
Am 6.3.2022 um 14:18 schrieb Stoikiy:

That is okay for SD10? why everyone say that it better then AIM120C?

I observed same behaviour. Quite annoying. It feels that it will not detonate when it should. 
Sometimes it get defended without CM.

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

On 4/1/2022 at 2:08 PM, AeriaGloria said:

No. The block II does not have a HMD in real life. Only block III.

What I read, they developed the HMD with the JF-17 as far back as the prototype stage, so at least one prototype had it. It's just sold separately, but as far as I can tell, there's no reason it couldn't be installed in a block 1 or block 2.

I just a while ago started my jeff and realised (I was off game for few months) that sms mof is way off from before. Is there some bugs regarding to that or something? I took off with BRM's to test lasing as it was buged, but after automatic start (yea i got rusty) it looks like data catridge did not loaded properly as I could not select my weapons apart from guns. Instead I could select all usual weapons i can put on but those werent taken. Now i wonder what happend. And cherry on cake was crash on my  dive to target turn. 

It is weird, anytime as I get back to fly this game gets more and more bugs in plane i wan't to fly.  This kinda sucks.

Edit: just yesterday (5.6.) I was finaly been able to get my rusty skills to get plane started and wen't to test laser guided missles, which were working flawlessly. Finaly good news for me. Still startup is buggy at best (usualy INS alignment failes at point where it need to give me button to enter heading). I would like to see some fresh and updated startup guide, written or video so I can see if I maybe am doing something wrong.

Edited by Aries101

On 6/3/2022 at 1:45 PM, Aries101 said:

(usualy INS alignment failes at point where it need to give me button to enter heading). I would like to see some fresh and updated startup guide, written or video so I can see if I maybe am doing something wrong.

You're likely doing something wrong, as I never have that issue. Here's my startup procedure.

1. turn on all three switches for power

2. push 'combat' button

3. turn up brightness on hud and ufcp

4. ask ground crew to remove inlet cover

5. flip up fuel pump, engine, uncage throttle, turn on radio, turn on shars

6. ask ground crew to update INS (so I don't have to type in the lat long myself)

7. hold start to get the engine starting

8. wait for ground crew to say the ins update is done

9. flip INS to fast, type in the heading, flip it to nav

10. load weapons on the plane (not fuel)

11. close cockpit, flip on the ECS, lock cockpit

12. put in the DTC and load that

13. fuel up (if necessary)

14. setup DL and IFF

15. switch off brake and flip flaps down.

16. go, you're ready. or you know, like connect the oxygen lines to your suit and mask...

I can usually get up in running in like a minute and a half, I think that's optimized, but if anyone has anything faster, lmk

Edited by Napillo
additional comments
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, antiload said:

In the latest OB patch of 22 July 2022 it states under Deka Ironworks; JF-17 that, CM802AKG abnormal behaviour if launched without DL pod. Does this mean that a DL pod is no longer necessary for the weapon? 

Datalink pod is always needed with the AKG. I think they mean is that the missile want be doing constant loops and flying into space if launched without the pod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 3:58 AM, antiload said:

In the latest OB patch of 22 July 2022 it states under Deka Ironworks; JF-17 that, CM802AKG abnormal behaviour if launched without DL pod. Does this mean that a DL pod is no longer necessary for the weapon? 

you can launch it without pod, then it will be like normal AG missile without MITL. However, it's a pure INS guided one, so the CEP might not be good enough to destroy your target under current warhead power.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 2:17 AM, Tavo89 said:

Considering the great job they did with the JF-17, I would like to know what other project they have in mind.

Chengdu J-10, Su-30, more Chinese and Russian aircraft are needed in DCS.

i hope for a quite modern jet atleast someting that has like at least 2 CRT screen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F-2 said:

https://engrxiv.org/preprint/view/2453/4718

chinese paper comparing manufacturers data on the JF-17 to Janes data on some contemporary aircraft 

Went through it, I thought the paper would have to be very old to refer to the FC-1 radar as being a Grifo S7….. paper is from 2005. Going to look through the info, but yeah the radar stuff is totally off becuase the Grifo radar was eventually never used, and this is basically all prototype information

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...