Controls/Load Profile

I guess I do not understand the options/controls system. I save my painstakingly constructed profiles for EACH control device for EACH aircraft. But when I try to restore my device assignments after an update, for example, by Loading those saved profiles, they do not restore the control assignments I saved. What is the trick?

You can backup this file....... C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua

And backup the files and folders under this directory......... C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Yeah, I do save the files and back up the .diff files, yet when I LOAD those backed up .diff profiles, the saved assignments do not restore.

Update. OK, when I COPIED the backup config/input folder to the saved games folder, the custom device settings did restore. I still do not understand why the Loading the saved individual device .diff files from within the sim controls applet does not restore the saved assignments.

Edited by Habu_69

• 4 weeks later...

I pasted all my profiles to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\ and nothing happens.

Does anyone know why that is? Do we have any feedback from the developers? Is it a bug or do we need to redo it all over again?

EDIT: I'm with the released version, not the open beta (had no idea there were two). Mods can delete it. I posted at the released version section.

Edited by SeaW0lf

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --