DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you update your DCS and you have this mod installed please check to make sure you're using the terrain.cfg.lua from the mod package and NOT the one DCS replaces when it does an update, otherwise the mod will not operate in the way it's intended to!

v1.35 link - added caucasus.lua shader alterations file to package for enhanced visuals.

dnz8gDa.jpg

j2UBcwd.jpg

waJZa2V.jpg

1FCYQrE.jpg

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 3

Mustang...

You did it again. You are improving an already fantastic terrain.

Thanks.

One question. Are you going to edit the winter terrain with a full snow version or you are thinking about a not fully covered like previous one?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Mustang...

You did it again. You are improving an already fantastic terrain.

Thanks.

One question. Are you going to edit the winter terrain with a full snow version or you are thinking about a not fully covered like previous one?

Cheers mirmidon,

I quite like the winter terrain as it is and haven't really planned to touch any of it so for now the emphasis is on the other 3 seasons.

Thanks Mustang. I think the same, winter is very good looking now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hi Mustang,

Is it JSGME ready with proper structure?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yeah... All that small texture details are lacking in the Vanilla. First you notice always about the trees and lighting, but eventually you start to miss the finer ground details that makes the difference between trees and areas.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hi Mustang,

Is it JSGME ready with proper structure?

I spoke to a few people and they say it works fine with JSGME and OvGME, like I mentioned in first post it's quite a simple installation.

Yeah... All that small texture details are lacking in the Vanilla. First you notice always about the trees and lighting, but eventually you start to miss the finer ground details that makes the difference between trees and areas.

Agreed, the biggest drive towards making these textures.

Ok, checked, it works with JSGME.

cAH6JoQm.jpg eIbtTIfm.jpg m6VnMMym.jpg

The difference is very soft, more varied textures. I noticed more visible "dots" from the long distance on moutains areas (trees, default settings looks better with this I suppose). TY Mustang!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Mister Terrain is back in business :D. That's the biggest breakthrough of spring '18 in modding scene from my point of view. Can't wait to try these out and I'm looking forward to any further improvements.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Man if someone could do a Vietnam style map for 2.5, that would be AWESOME. My squad is doing Vietnam ops with the Huey but on 2.5....would love to have proper jungles, etc

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Mustang...Thank´s Thank´s Thank´s

Nice work mate :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

Mustang,

can You check this?

Textures of ground looks very ok for me but, please see this:

1/ horizont - "dots" from trees are more visible, it isnt looks good. Small dots from default textures was changed to bigger dots. A little annoying.

5zBGT59.jpg

2/ Below trees now (not autumn) we have brown texture. What is it? This is particularly visible from a distance when no trees yet.

QQor1wD.jpg

Hope it helps.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Uhmmm...

I dont see that Brown texture....Location?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mustang,

can You check this?

Textures of ground looks very ok for me but, please see this:

1/ horizont - "dots" from trees are more visible, it isnt looks good. Small dots from default textures was changed to bigger dots. A little annoying.

2/ Below trees now (not autumn) we have brown texture. What is it? This is particularly visible from a distance when no trees yet.

Hope it helps.

Hi YoYo,

I had experimented with removing the 'dots' from the forest floors, as from today I have placed them back in so please re-download the package.

The second bug is caused by the way the mod works, if you change seasons somehow textures from the last season is carried over to the new one - this is a result of having the textures operating from the folders instead of the zip files, it has been a problem ever since 1.5.x.

I want to share my thoughts about, for me, the only issue i´ve found with this fantastic mod terrain.

Forest blending at far distance.

The original forest at distance, when the trees are not rendered are blended very well in my oppinion. Is a very good job and i think, Mustang, you can take this part of the terrain files and try to use them for your mods.

With Spring and Summer the blend is good enough with your mod, no issues so far, but i need to say that the first terrain version is slight worse than the stock one, and the second version is also slight worse than the first version. This is for Spring and Summer distance forest blending.

But for Autumm, the difference is very noticeable.

Some Pics:

ORIGINAL STOCK TERRAIN

PvrG7Nb.jpg

kN5cX3w.jpg

FIRST MUSTANG TERRAIN VERSION

RsQpS7Q.jpg

ch3VU5K.jpg

SECOND MUSTANG TERRAIN VERSION

BZB5Z2B.jpg

uaWFRZD.jpg

I know this could be some kind of personal prefference but the blending in Autumm is not so good IMHO and maybe you can consider blending colours like the original files a little better.

Thanks a lot for taking time to look at this.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]