DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Does it work with the latest version, 2.5.6 ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

@Mustang

What changes compared to original file did you do to the 'terrain.cfg.lua'??

Changes have been made in the 2.5.6 version, so I try to adopt v1.30_2.5.x_06_05_2019 to it, but I am a bit unsure what exact values you changed.

Those I am unsure of are:

noise1PerSquare

noise2PerSquare

grassHeightJitter

grassShadowIntensity

And/or something else?

Thanks!

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Quick revisit to this mod, I have verified that this is compatible with 2.5.6 and there are no issues.

Also I have made some small adjustments to the terrain.cfg.lua and removed some portions of the package such as the adjusted tree textures (the stock ones work much better) the package is updated in first post.

V1.30 26th Feb 2020 - Ensured full compatibility with DCS v2.5.6.

....Doesn't have 'Bazar' (like previos version) folder. Is it normal ?

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Thanks for the update Mustang!

One question:

In the original terrain.cfg.lua there are several instances of '.min' files that in your modded terrain.cfg.lua are the "same" files without the '.min' ending. Is this by purpose?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Can we install it in game folder only or it is possible to install it in savegames folder ?

thanks

System specs: Win10 x64 | i7-9700KF / i9-12900KF | 48/64 GB | GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / RTX 3090TI 24GB | *NvME PRO 2To | HOTAS Warthog/Virpil | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Button Box

Thanks for the update Mustang!

One question:

In the original terrain.cfg.lua there are several instances of '.min' files that in your modded terrain.cfg.lua are the "same" files without the '.min' ending. Is this by purpose?

Yes this is a workaround, if the user uses low textures he will still see the modded ones, a bit of a hack.

Can we install it in game folder only or it is possible to install it in savegames folder ?

thanks

I've never used Saved Games folder for terrain modding (although others may have had success) this package is laid out to be injected straight into the DCS World directory.

Yes this is a workaround, if the user uses low textures he will still see the modded ones, a bit of a hack.

I've never used Saved Games folder for terrain modding (although others may have had success) this package is laid out to be injected straight into the DCS World directory.

Thanks! Just needed the information to keep track of changes you did to keep the file up to date whenever ED make any changes to it. Will save a copy of the original most resent one, on which you based the most recent modded on, to be used for comparisons.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

hi, quick q: the instructions say "simply copy 'Mods' and 'Bazar' folder to root directory of DCS World." but i see not 'Bazar' folder in the downloaded zip? Only 'Mods' folder...

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

hi, quick q: the instructions say "simply copy 'Mods' and 'Bazar' folder to root directory of DCS World." but i see not 'Bazar' folder in the downloaded zip? Only 'Mods' folder...

Yes, and ???? Mod works fine like this, where is the problem?? Last version has no Bazar folder :music_whistling:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Yes, Mustang removed "Bazar" folder in his last version of this package - see a couple of posts above yours (post #635). You can use it as it is now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes, Mustang removed "Bazar" folder in his last version of this package - see a couple of posts above yours (post #635). You can use it as it is now.

yup i see it now, many thanks

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

That is a leftover from an older installation guide, I will update this shortly but for now just copy Bazar and it will work fine.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Mustang for the 2.5.6-compatible version !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 1 month later...
That is a leftover from an older installation guide, I will update this shortly but for now just copy Bazar and it will work fine.

thanks for the update sorry to be super dense; does you mean just copy the MODS from your MOD into Bazar ? as there is no Bazar folder in your MOD? or do you mean copy the MODS folder into MODS?

if this is "just" a mod would copying it into saved games work?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 2 months later...

hauling this one down too! thanks Mustang (and Taz!)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control