DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

This is the first mod I install and its the exactly the way I wanted it to be. It feels very realistic!

ED should make it official!

Many thanks!

P.S. Mustang, if you have the time, could you make a mod to Persian Gulf too? The city is great but ground textures are not.

This is the first mod I install and its the exactly the way I wanted it to be. It feels very realistic!

ED should make it official!

Many thanks!

P.S. Mustang, if you have the time, could you make a mod to Persian Gulf too? The city is great but ground textures are not.

I did make a mod that improves on the existing PG terrain tiles via a few textures and a modified terrainoptions41.lua, give this a try

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211165

Thanks Mustang ; may I ask what update this version brings ?

I'll make some screenshots at some point but I have altered the underlay forest texture for winter and added an alternative winter texture for FARPs - I was planning on adding my own version of snowier tree textures but it hasn't worked out as I wanted it to so that's on hold for now.

• Like 1

Suggestion just in case you decide to change something in the future: Could you make the grass near runway more uniform like this?

When the aircraft is in the runway is the only moment we can see more unrealistic textures, but I think this happens in every game.

aeroporto-afonso-pena-970x550.jpg

Edited by Shadoware

• 1 month later...

Hi and thanks for this nice MOD, Mustang!

I would like to modify it slightly for two reasons, 1) avoiding conflicts with Taz1004 Better Trees when loading profiles in OvGME (i.e. make it independent of activation order) and 2) I like the default deep snow winter better (all of you terrain texture moders tend to REDUCE the snow, I'm like quite the opposite...).

1) I assume it is as simple as removing from your MOD the files that also exist in Taz1004 Better Trees to avoid conflict?

2) Is it safe to just remove all files related to winter to alow for the default winter? How about VectorDataAssetWinter.zip? It contains 8 border files and a tropa_1 not present in the default zip. I would like to have them present. Could I place them together with vectordataassetwinter.zip.json in a folder instead of the zip, since it's only a part of the zip that is modified? And the field_X_mask.tif.dds files, the only modified files (except vectordataassetwinter.zip.json)? What effect do they have? (wondering in case I just simply let the VectorDataAssetWinter.zip stay as is)

Thanks Again!

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• Mustang changed the title to DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, Tiramisu said:

The link in the first post is not working for me.

Seems that the link is dead right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
5 hours ago, huligan said:

no link :(((

Not Mustangs mod but they are perfect too:

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro