JoyToKey not working

I am trying to use JoyToKey so I can use the mini stick on my throttle to act as a TDC till the axis issue is fixed with the harrier. However, DCS does not seem to recognise any of the inputs. I have tested the inputs on word and joytokey is definitely generating keyboard outputs just not in DCS. Any ideas?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I tried that and sadly it made no difference

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I don’t know that you can use an axis as a keystroke because it’s a linear analog input as opposed to a digital on-off input.

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I am trying to use JoyToKey so I can use the mini stick on my throttle to act as a TDC till the axis issue is fixed with the harrier. However, DCS does not seem to recognise any of the inputs. I have tested the inputs on word and joytokey is definitely generating keyboard outputs just not in DCS. Any ideas?

This seems strange. I have done similar things with Foxy for my Cougar and I know its possible with TARGET. Usually when the axis is mapped to a key, and you can confirm the key press in any number of ways... DCS doesn't really care where the command is coming from it just recognizes it as a keyboard input.

I don't have the Harrier module, but when I get a chance I will confirm I can accomplish this with other modules.

I'm just getting into the Harrier module myself, and would have come across the same need (mapping TDC to ministick); and I also use JoyToKey too, so I'll give it a shot tonight and post back here with my results.