Offline Mode (2.5.1 and beyond)

• ED Team

The new OFFLINE mode is now implemented (In version 2.5.1 and higher). Users can turn on the OFFLINE mode which permits the game to be used without internet identification and without a time limit. Note: users must turn off the OFFLINE mode on the same PC. OFFLINE mode cannot be turned off from another PC even with the same user login.

To transfer DCS to offline mode, click on the button in the top panel of the main menu. This can be done ONLY after successful authorization. You cannot enable Offline mode unless you have an internet connection first.

The mode is unlimited in time, thus all network services (Manager of Modules, multiplayer, news) will be inaccessible.

Exiting offline mode is possible only on the same computer* on which Offline mode was entered, it cannot be transferred to another computer.

* "the same computer" - means exactly the same both in hardware and in BIOS, Windows. For example, changing the BIOS in offline mode will no longer allow you to log in.

offline_moded.jpg.90267daa7f4196cdad9dc572c548f3b7.jpg

Edited by NineLine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I’m not one who cared too much about this, but is there a policy or procedure for people who go into offline mode, and then for some reason no longer have access to that computer? (Such as selling the pc, hardware failure etc.)

I could foresee someone having a windows/hardware crash and never being able to access DCS again. Obviously it shouldn’t be something that happens often but with many people - someone’s gonna have it happen

I would assume support should be able to “reactive” online mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• ED Team
I’m not one who cared too much about this, but is there a policy or procedure for people who go into offline mode, and then for some reason no longer have access to that computer? (Such as selling the pc, hardware failure etc.)

I could foresee someone having a windows/hardware crash and never being able to access DCS again. Obviously it shouldn’t be something that happens often but with many people - someone’s gonna have it happen

I would assume support should be able to “reactive” online mode?

You can contact support and explain the situation to them, they should be able to help out.

• Like 1

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Maybe have an option in the user section on the webbie as well???

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

cons and pro

So

if ED turn off the master server

or

if our ISP stop provide internet access (to ED's master server)

we are unable to use the software's "new offline mode".

Becouse this sigle point of failure: I propose a longer authorization from the successful login.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196585&highlight=authorization:"The new system will just “phone home” after a three day period or the next time you log into DCS World."

please listen ED:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196857

the most votes now is 90 days

the second highest vote count now is 30 days

In this "new offline mode" the 3 day limit is not raised in an emergency situation.

DCS 2.5.1+ will never able to reach the retrogame status with payware modules.

Thank you in advance for humanous customer support in cases of hardware failures.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

• ED Team
So

if ED turn off the master server

or

if our ISP stop provide internet access (to ED's master server)

we are unable to use the software's "new offline mode".

Becouse this sigle point of failure: I propose a longer authorization from the successful login.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196585&highlight=authorization:"The new system will just “phone home” after a three day period or the next time you log into DCS World."

please listen ED:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196857

the most votes now is 90 days

the second highest vote count now is 30 days

In this "new offline mode" the 3 day limit is not raised in an emergency situation.

DCS 2.5.1+ will never able to reach the retrogame status with payware modules.

Thank you in advance for humanous customer support in cases of hardware failures.

ED was asked to provide an offline mode and they did, it allows the user to do just that, go offline and use the modules as much as they want.

The master server has never been down for more than 5 hours in my memory, the 3 day limit is more than adequate if you are not using offline mode.

ED protect their software and we still get to use it offline, this is the way it will be from 2.5.1 going forward.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I don´t think most people would agree with that. Look at the survey.

and that is why we have an off line mode now.

It was what ED decided to do, allow users the option of going offline. If you go off line you can use your modules with no issues and no time limit.

if you are online anyway there is no issue, the 3 day limit would only ever apply if the master server was off line for that long, and it never has been.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I will just say what I think about all this. To me seems really exagerate all this kind of protections... seems really that we are treated like stealers, hw protection, online check, what will be next? retina scan? or fingerprint scan? never found a GAME with all this

Sad but true, in the game industry piracy is widely spread.

Every company must protect his products.

Online checks are used by tons of games actually.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi

I don't understand something:

for exemple, I go in holidays and come back home after a week, and bad surprise: My internet connection is down.

That means that I can't validate offline mod ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
I will just say what I think about all this. To me seems really exagerate all this kind of protections... seems really that we are treated like stealers, hw protection, online check, what will be next? retina scan? or fingerprint scan? never found a GAME with all this

Sure express your opinion but why exaggerate? retina scan, finger prints? stealing? very alarmist.

There is some form of login and drm for most of my games, Just like steam login, or having to have an account. It is pretty standard.

ED protecting their assets and ensuring we all have a simulator to fly is good in my opinion.

• ED Team
Hi

for exemple, I go in holidays and come back home after a week, and bad surprise: My internet connection is down.

you need a connection to validate off line mode before going offline.

It would be wise in your example to go offline before your holiday.

And will it be possible to keep a second version of DCS switched in offline mod and an other switched online mod on the same computer ?

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
And will it be possible to keep a second version of DCS switched in offline mod and an other switched online mod on the same computer ?

Not the same account / login no

Hi

I guess you’d better make sure your bills are paid before you go on holidays!

WE aren’t the ones this is aimed at. It’s the people who download from a pirated copy that it’s aimed at. We just have to deal with the consequences.

It is a legitimate thing for a company to protect itself from this kind of stuff. As long as it can be re-activated by support when needed then it should be fine by me. I guess I’m blessed with a stable internet connection cause a lot of people seem really worried about multiple day loss of internet here.

In fact, I think that I will permanently stay in offline mode, and switch to online just for the multiplayers sessions or module management and return to offline mode just after.

It's a little bit heavy. I can understand that it's would be not possible to tranfert a offline mode switched version on an other computer ( too easy for pirats) but justly, we need the offline mode just in case of a connection down.

If the connection is down, it's not possible.

• ED Team
In fact, I think that I will permanently stay in offline mode, and switch to online just for the multiplayers sessions or module management and return to offline mode just after.

It's a little bit heavy. I can understand that it's would be not possible to tranfert a offline mode switched version on an other computer ( too easy for pirats) but justly, we need the offline mode just in case of a connection down.

that is what offline mode is there for, best to use it :)

that is what offline mode is there for, best to use it :)

so.. in the case I'm offline, my PC crashed/exploded and I needed to change my hardware, will I have to contact ED to reactivate my modules?

ok.. have seen the answer on the first page, and I really don't like it.... it's like I buy a car and need to ask my dealer if I can drive it....

Edited by finch

• ED Team

If you live in an area where you have a very inconsistent connection, by all means that is something you should consider.

ED is trying to make a system that doesnt punish innocent users with real world issues but protect themselves from those that are always looking for ways to skate around things like paying for software.

Please, if you have real world issues with the system that you think sharing will help improve, by all means share them, but lets keep the what if doomsday scenarios to a minimum, most times, we arent going to see the perfect storm of events.

64Sig.png

Hmm,

also not the biggest fan of the offline mode if I understand it correctly how its working.

Real story: like 3 month ago my ISP had an outage for like 5 hours starting almost exactly at the end of my working day. Since I did not play for the last few days (more than 3 ) I actually had to revalidate my modules which was not possible due to my ISPs outage. Actually I thought that offline mode would be the "fix" for such issues, but now it seems that it is not since I would need an internet connection to start going offline which is a bit disappointing. Obviously I cant foresee my ISPs outages to go offline before... ;) Dont get me wrong there might always be a situation which cannot be covered, but having a short time ISP outage does not seem that unlikely, I guess. Its not the end of the world, but it's still sad if you cannot play something you paid for due to copy protection even if its a relatively short timeframe. (Which is not only a DCS issue, I know...)

Edited by Ayindi

How many of you deny the Windows User Agreement? What happens when you deny it? Windows installation is cancelled and you go and have a good day... Do you call Microsoft and ask them to change their terms? No... you deal with it.

Just like steam login, or having to have an account. It is pretty standard.

Since you brought it up, Steam doesn't work the way ED has implemented it. If I go out of town and start up my laptop and start Steam without connecting to the internet, it asks me if I wan't to go offline and when I click yes then all of my games work. In the case of DCS, I would have to set it to offline before I unhooked the laptop at home.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: