Offline Mode (2.5.1 and beyond)

Late response, been busy, I just read the OP. I think it's fair. There has to be some kind of compromise and that is that you need internet connection first, in case of a sudden loss by ISP would be the case where it, all other cases should be more or less schedulable ahead, ISP repairs/maintenance is also scheduled. All people have to do is to sign up and make sure they pay attention when their ISP sends the maintenance notices via mail or email.

Still I think it's fair, regarding PC-uniqueness, etc, because I thought the feature it self wouldn't be a thing at all, but it is faster than I ever thought.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 1 month later...
ED was asked to provide an offline mode and they did, it allows the user to do just that, go offline and use the modules as much as they want.

The master server has never been down for more than 5 hours in my memory, the 3 day limit is more than adequate if you are not using offline mode.

ED protect their software and we still get to use it offline, this is the way it will be from 2.5.1 going forward.

This is just a huge rip-off.

If a customer pays for a product, which in this case are the modules, then he has the right to use it whenever and wherever he wants.

This is illegal according to E.U. laws.

• ED Team
This is just a huge rip-off.

If a customer pays for a product, which in this case are the modules, then he has the right to use it whenever and wherever he wants.

This is illegal according to E.U. laws.

And if you are going to be off the internet, you go into offline mode and have access as much as you want. Nothing illegal at all. Not sure where you see it as illegal.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hey Nineline, please pass on my thanks to ED for me for the offline mode! I post from my phone a lot but have spent the summer in the bush and it's worked great for me. I was one of the people being vocal about the need for this so its great to know we were heard!

Edited by Jester986

• 1 month later...

After reading through this thread and doing some quick testing, I have a few questions.

Reference statement: "OFFLINE mode is now implemented (In version 2.5.1 and higher)."

After a year with my installed DCS PC being used offline, I decided to purchase the F/A-18C + Persian Gulf Map bundle. Prior to this decision, I was happily using 1.5.5 with no issues whatsoever. When I had some downtime from my very busy life, I could just turn on the PC and release some tension. I've been doing this for years as I no longer participate in online anything, because I just don't have the time.

Unfortunately, this will change if I decide to continue using a product that I purchased years ago.

Questions:

1. Can I return to Version 1.5.5 permanently and continue to use my system and software as I have been doing for years with the starforce authorization system - In essence, is there a roll-back possibility?

This is the most important question that I have, as it will dictate my actions going forward.

As stated in the ticket I submitted, this new protection system should be clearly defined with explicit details with every product that it applies to. As many, like myself, deserve to be informed about the details in advance of the purchase.

Please do not take the questions and or my response negatively. I'm only shocked by the lack of details regarding this new protection system presented with each and every module up for sale. This new protection system should be defined and highlighted in red, along with being included with each modules description. And when I state "Shocked", consider that many do not visit forums regularly and only receive DCS newsletters to stay informed about new products.

I had to do some additional research into certain things, so some of the questions previously asked have been answered.

And since the package\bundle being sold now is a "WIP" module, the offline mode is only a band-aid in this instance, because the module is incomplete. Therefore, end-users will have to periodically bring their PC systems online to complete the software module. SMH!

Regards

Side-note: P!racy has become a fact of life. Anything that can be engineered, can be reversed-engineered. All these new protection mechanisms do is frustrate legitimate customers and make participation a chore. IMHO.

Edited by arraamis

you didn’t actually “purchase” the software. if you read the End User Agreement, you will find that you “leased” the software with various conditions attached.

if you read through it, you will see what those conditions are and what options you have going forward.

you didn’t actually “purchase” the software. if you read the End User Agreement, you will find that you “leased” the software with various conditions attached.

if you read through it, you will see what those conditions are and what options you have going forward.

Just as a FYI:

All charges incurred when purchasing download DCS products from the DCS Store are not refundable or can be exchanged in whole or in part, regardless of the payment method.

I believe we as consumers purchase a license of use of the software. With absolutely no rights to sell, trade, rent, lease, sub-license, merge, adapt, vary, modify the Program, or any copies of the Program, without the express prior written consent of TFC.

Lease: a contract by which one party conveys land, property, services, etc., to another for a specified time, usually in return for a periodic payment.

Hope that helps ......

So glad I saw this thread,

My dad is very interested in this sim (I got him playing it in VR at my house) but he doesn't have internet to his house now. (LTE to his phone and Ipad covers his needs). Been trying to see how best to set up his system for it, and this will help considerably!

• 2 months later...

cannot exit offline mode ask for support

I have not been able to get online for a while I gather it has something to do with this I have added several things lately SSD sound card but have removed them and it still don't work have a "steam account" have verified all DCS files and steam. I have one computer that can even think of running DCS so there is no other that can be different hardware. I for one see no need for this hardware check anyhow does not steam provide DRM itself? I can't play the game or any other if steam is not running it is bound to my account so only I can play it so why again is this even a issue. At any rate I need to know what is needed to fix it. I spent 3 days trying to post on your forums because your verification failed so I still could not post. I am getting a bitter taste in my mouth from this whole thing.:helpsmilie:

• 1 month later...
I will just say what I think about all this. To me seems really exagerate all this kind of protections... seems really that we are treated like stealers, hw protection, online check, what will be next? retina scan? or fingerprint scan? never found a GAME with all this

+1

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Call me retard but ... I do not understand all this, in my case I do not play online, that is ... just as I downloaded it from steam I bought the 2000 mirage and I played, I play without being logged in, basically because I do not have an account in DCS, except in the forum (I opened it only 3 days), that is, I downloaded DCS in steam, I bought the 2000 mirage and it is already, when I start the game I get the small screen to enter username and password but I always close it because I do not have an account and since I do not play multiplayer, I do not need to log in either, but that comes by default in steam.

That is to say that if now I change PC for a new one, and it gives me to play online, it will not let me log in? I wonder why I did not understand the message

Edited by Raytheon

My PC:

i7-4770k

GTX 1060 6Gb

SSD 500 GB

16 RAM

[sIGPIC]https://store.carrierbuilders.net/images/F-18SE-002.jpg[/sIGPIC]

To resume this post:

If you have just one version installed ( the stable), switch offline as soon as you needn't to use multiplayer. In this way, even if you have a lost of connection, you can use DCS as you want.

It wasn't the case before and at these times, we had just 3 days to use DCS before it was locked until the recover of a connexion. I was very angry against ED for that as plenty of other users were. Now these bad times are over and ED has heard us and found the good solution.

It's quite normal to ED to protect their work with protection as soon as the user isn't penalized by a connection lost. The solution they've found with the Online/Offline mode is perfect for me.

Now, about the 2 versions installed ( stable and bêta):

You can't have at the same time, the both switched on OFF.

If one is OFF, the other is ON. Be careful if you launch the version switched on ON, it will automatically switch the other on ON too and you have to switch again yourself the one you want to use in OFF. It's not quite prudent to keep the both on ON, because if you have a lost of connection while you are in ONline mode, it's back to the old system and if you don't recover your connection after 3 days, you can't use DCS anymore until having internet again.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

In the current "difficult" times, occurrence on the same disk eg "F" version DCS 2.5.x and 1.5.x is a mistake or "tragedy"? :) The question can be ignored, the two versions do not bite :). Thanks to Konstantin, everything is already fine.

Edited by petros13

• 6 months later...

Hey Everyone,

On a related topic for possibly using offline mode. I am going to an event where I am taking two complete VR systems with full controls, two different DCS accounts to a remote location where I will more than likely not have any internet connections. My question is there a way that I can possibly set up a LAN on one of these machines so both pilots can fly a simple dog fight mission together? If I can't do this in offline mode could I have a LAN using the 3 day auth?

Thanks for your time!

Outta Missiles, Outta Bullets, Switching to Harsh Language!

• ED Team
Hey Everyone,

On a related topic for possibly using offline mode. I am going to an event where I am taking two complete VR systems with full controls, two different DCS accounts to a remote location where I will more than likely not have any internet connections. My question is there a way that I can possibly set up a LAN on one of these machines so both pilots can fly a simple dog fight mission together? If I can't do this in offline mode could I have a LAN using the 3 day auth?

Thanks for your time!

Hi

If you go into offline mode you wont have access to multiplayer.

Your best option as mentioned is to stay online and with the three day auth.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My wish...

Change the start point of the 3 day timer from last connection to first failure to connect.

I support this wish!

But I'm interested in an answer to Airasys' question, too.

Is it possible to have a DCS LAN multiplayer connection within the 3 auth but without connection to the internet?

• ED Team
Thanks,

So if I use the 3 day Auth (since I will not have internet connections) can I set up a LAN with just 2 laptops with the goal of being able to fly together or dogfight?

Hi,

I have just checked to be sure.

LAN is not possible, you would need an internet connection for the master server.

Sorry.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Does the 3 day limit involve needing to start up the game (and login) every 3 days?

Seems more reasonable the DCS program would "phone home" by itself every 3 days whether game is started or not.

~

This latter assuming DCS is installed. For "reasons" (rearranging Win 10 partitions) I have currently uninstalled DCS and I'm suddenly worried I might get problems if it is uninstalled more than 3 days (re-installation will be to same hardware and same Win 10 version). I uninstalled in Online mode and am now hurriedly reinstalling to go to offline mode.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• ED Team
Does the 3 day limit involve needing to start up the game (and login) every 3 days?

Seems more reasonable the DCS program would "phone home" by itself every 3 days whether game is started or not.

Hi 0303

I have replied to you here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254470

• 1 month later...
Wrong

you can login to your ED account on a different pc. You just can not login to the same account on two pc's at the same time.

The only reason to buy a module twice is if you are using two pc's at the same time then you would need another account to do so.

Also on topic for off line mode:

You can not go offline on PC "A" and then online on PC "B" it has to be done from PC "A"

I rarely play A10-C but bought three modules because of the sale. I'm beginning to think I made a mistake of buying these. I should have bought the Steam version.

Are you saying that I can install a module on my desktop and laptop and can play on both and that's okay so long as I don't play it simultaneously?

I'd like to play DCS on my laptop when I'm away from home (my desktop). Thanks.

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

• ED Team
I rarely play A10-C but bought three modules because of the sale. I'm beginning to think I made a mistake of buying these. I should have bought the Steam version.

Are you saying that I can install a module on my desktop and laptop and can play on both and that's okay so long as I don't play it simultaneously?

I'd like to play DCS on my laptop when I'm away from home (my desktop). Thanks.

Yes, you can play on either the PC or laptop with no issues.