Offline Mode (2.5.1 and beyond)

• ED Team

The offline mode is tied to the PC and the account.

So if you enter offline mode you need to re-enable online on the same PC before login into your account on the second PC.

sorry if that wasnt clear.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@finch Its dead simple. You cannot enable online mode from any other PC/machine than the one you where using when putting your DCS account into offline mode. And if you put DCS into offline mode on one of your machines and you change something significant enough on this very PC, then this DCS installation or the master server (not entirely sure whether this is or serverside only) considers this altered PC a different machine from the one you used to enable offline mode,...which brings you right back to my first sentence.

If you have multiple DCS installtion on various hardware in different places, then you are better off having you DCS account be in online mode all the time unless you specifically know that you will have access to that very PC you might enable/disable offline mode. And i case you mess that up or forget about it and have traveld 1000miles to your second PC but put DCS into offline mode on your first PC,....then you call you wife, brother or whoever can access that PC and put DCS out off offline mode. And if thats not possible, you contact ED customer support.

@finch Its dead simple. You cannot enable online mode from any other PC/machine than the one you where using when putting your DCS account into offline mode. And if you put DCS into offline mode on one of your machines and you change something significant enough on this very PC, then this DCS installation or the master server (not entirely sure whether this is or serverside only) considers this altered PC a different machine from the one you used to enable offline mode,...which brings you right back to my first sentence.

If you have multiple DCS installtion on various hardware in different places, then you are better off having you DCS account be in online mode all the time unless you specifically know that you will have access to that very PC you might enable/disable offline mode. And i case you mess that up or forget about it and have traveld 1000miles to your second PC but put DCS into offline mode on your first PC,....then you call you wife, brother or whoever can access that PC and put DCS out off offline mode. And if thats not possible, you contact ED customer support.

clear enough... so my scenario description was wrong... need to leave always DCS online, thanks

last question... so to change hardware/format what should I do? I can format then reinstall DCS if I left it online, right?

Edited by finch

yes, that is how i understand it. Afaik only the new AV-8B Harrier module uses the new keyless (no StarForce anymore) system, so atm you still need to deactivate all other modules to not loose activations. So if i understand it correctly, atm you need to do both if you change something sifnificant enough about one of your PCs. Keep your DCS account in online mode, and deactivate all old modules before changing stuff.

And what about the release and the beta ?

For the moment, just the beta is in 2.5.1 version and I've switched it to offline.

The release 2.5.0 hasn't the possibility of the mode offline for the moment.

But what will happens when the update 2.5.1 release will come ?

Can we will keep the beta switched on Offline and the release switched on Online on the same PC ?

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
And what about the release and the beta ?

For the moment, just the beta is in 2.5.1 version and I've switched it to offline.

The release 2.5.0 hasn't the possibility of the mode offline for the moment.

But what will happens when the update 2.5.1 release will come ?

Can we will keep the beta switched on Offline and the release switched on Online on the same PC ?

You have to put each version on offline mode, obviously the current release doesnt have it yet, so you cant.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

ehm....shouled we disable offline mode before updating the game via the patcher to the latest build? Because i have offline mode enabled but can still update the game. Hope updating DCS while offline mode is active is a non issue.

• ED Team
ehm....shouled we disable offline mode before updating the game via the patcher to the latest build? Because i have offline mode enabled but can still update the game. Hope updating DCS while offline mode is active is a non issue.

you should be in online mode to update, I will make sure the team are aware of this

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ok, i go online for the update. So the account gets locked down in offline mode when updating without going online beforhand? Just like changing your hardware/system would while ones DCS accoumt is in offline mode?

You can update in Offline Mode, but it will boot you out of offline mode and tell you to login again.

"Cant't Enter Offline Mode, Auth Data is for a Different version"

Press OK, Login Dialog Comes Up, Login, Launch DCS, Download new Auth Data, Offline Mode Re-Engage.

If you downloaded the Update, it's Obvious you have Internet Connection to Generate new Auth Data, so Login after you update and re-engage Offline Mode again.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Where can I find the offline mode button or something like this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

• ED Team
Where can I find the offline mode button or something like this

currently in the beta branch and it is at the top of the main screen in DCS. It does not apply to steam so you will not see it there if you have steam.

currently in the beta branch and it is at the top of the main screen in DCS. It does not apply to steam so you will not see it there if you have steam.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Just to say that I was 100% against this mandatory online mode and my position was not to buy any new product as long as this DRM was existing.

Now that ED has heard its customers and did the offline mode, I play the game on my side and I just bought the futur F18 module.

You heard us customers, I buy your product again.

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to ED for providing an offline mode. This means that I can enjoy all my modules/maps even if I can't get online, which is often for us. As someone who lives in a remote area this is really important.

Thanks ED for listening to customer concerns, and for a very workable solution.

pngflyer

• 3 weeks later...

Error code 409

Hello pilots,

My situation is so frustrating with this issue. I will try explain one of this "if it happens".

With the last update, I realice that I have not sufficient space to install that I decide to erase some useless things. I erase by mistake one of the REDISTRIBUTTABLE ++ 2017 files from win7...

Whith the update 2.5.2 successfully completed, I try to go on dcs and something change. DCS ask me to enter all the Serial Keys of my modules again. I did it, but when on the cockpit, it was no cockpit anymore!!!... well. I reinstall REDISTRIBUTTABLE ++ 2017, but nothing change.

I realice that if I go OFFLINE mode, I can fly all my modules, so I have some fun before living to Spain for a few days.

When I came back to Italy, I did it with a brand new Win10 to replace the old win7.

Well, I reinstall everything again, bought the F18 and de Persian Gulf Map, and surprise!!!...

Not even let me get into DCS never again. When I set my customer Password, it says.

"Error code 409, u can't go on multiplayer" , play with your modules neither. NOTHING.

I try to go OFFLINE, but without authorization, YOU CANT GO OFFLINE. :doh:

So, end of the street for me. No gate at all.

I spend a hundreds of €s in modules and campaigns, be a defender of DCS against the Pirates. Even in my website I have the link to DCS Word...

I have my TICKET since 4 days waiting for a solution, but nothing yet. Hope it will come soon...

• ED Team
Hello pilots,

My situation is so frustrating with this issue. I will try explain one of this "if it happens".

With the last update, I realice that I have not sufficient space to install that I decide to erase some useless things. I erase by mistake one of the REDISTRIBUTTABLE ++ 2017 files from win7...

Whith the update 2.5.2 successfully completed, I try to go on dcs and something change. DCS ask me to enter all the Serial Keys of my modules again. I did it, but when on the cockpit, it was no cockpit anymore!!!... well. I reinstall REDISTRIBUTTABLE ++ 2017, but nothing change.

I realice that if I go OFFLINE mode, I can fly all my modules, so I have some fun before living to Spain for a few days.

When I came back to Italy, I did it with a brand new Win10 to replace the old win7.

Well, I reinstall everything again, bought the F18 and de Persian Gulf Map, and surprise!!!...

Not even let me get into DCS never again. When I set my customer Password, it says.

"Error code 409, u can't go on multiplayer" , play with your modules neither. NOTHING.

I try to go OFFLINE, but without authorization, YOU CANT GO OFFLINE. :doh:

So, end of the street for me. No gate at all.

I spend a hundreds of €s in modules and campaigns, be a defender of DCS against the Pirates. Even in my website I have the link to DCS Word...

I have my TICKET since 4 days waiting for a solution, but nothing yet. Hope it will come soon...

Hi

making changes to OS or hardware while in offline mode will create problems for DCS.

Support have been very busy, if you can PM me your ticket number I can try to chase it up for you.

thanks

edit: Support have replied to your ticket

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

• 1 month later...
You can update in Offline Mode, but it will boot you out of offline mode and tell you to login again.

"Cant't Enter Offline Mode, Auth Data is for a Different version"

Press OK, Login Dialog Comes Up, Login, Launch DCS, Download new Auth Data, Offline Mode Re-Engage.

If you downloaded the Update, it's Obvious you have Internet Connection to Generate new Auth Data, so Login after you update and re-engage Offline Mode again.

I want to rant this (again.)

No ISP( no matter net neutrality or not.) can keep establishing a good and stable peering with other ISPs all the time.

The updater can run by p2p, they can still update the game even the entire europe submarine cable has been cut.

Or some crowdy 3rd world countries did not want to spend too much money on international ISP peering, or the demand just way too big. Build a new submarine cable will cost 5~10 years and billions of dollars.

Then those people will have problem login that only one DCS master server. peering go around different geometry cause connection unstable or laged out.

And it already became "mandatory" in some countries. THey may have over 100mb FTTH, but the ISP just unable to peering with europe or other piece of the earth, where ISP DCS master server hosted.

It can be fine just like steam. If ED has more gateway servers or backup domin host in other side of earth or ..

But it can't be with single master server.

Edited by Insonia

I installed a new graphics card and my system crashed badly during driver tweaking. I had to reset my bios (by removing and reinserting the coin cell), unfortunately DCS was in OFFLINE mode and now that my system is working I am getting "Failed to get authorization data. Error code is: 409". None of my A10C, A10A, Combined Arms or A10C basic training DLCs work. Although they are authorized even in the game (or online) I get the same error for both DCS 1.5.8 and 2.5.2

@BIGNEWY Please help!

Edited by taz_fighter

i7-4790K @ 4.62Ghz, 32GB DRR3, 128GB MSSD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Corsair H100 liquid cooling, 27" TripleHead, Ed Tracker, 5.1 Surround, Thrustmaster HOTAS.

DCS (A10C), FSX (Piper), Falcon4.0, BMS, OpenFalcon, LockOn... ;)

Please submit a support ticket here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Forum moderators wont be able to help too much with this.

Thanks!

Issue resolved by ED via ticket in 8 hours (and those were sleeping 8 hours on a weekend), the offline status was reset on their end... thumbs up to ED (especially to "MotorEAST")... :thumbup:

i7-4790K @ 4.62Ghz, 32GB DRR3, 128GB MSSD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Corsair H100 liquid cooling, 27" TripleHead, Ed Tracker, 5.1 Surround, Thrustmaster HOTAS.

DCS (A10C), FSX (Piper), Falcon4.0, BMS, OpenFalcon, LockOn... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease?

Hey, I broke my install by doing a BIOS and Graphic driver update while in Offline mode as now I'm getting error code 409. :doh:

I have submitted a ticket. Any chance of it getting put to the top of the pile like some of the other people in this thread? Would be much appreciated. I promise I'll never do that again. :cry:

edit: MotorEast fixed the problem in less than 4 hours. I put error 409 in the ticket title and they were on it first thing in the morning Moscow time. :pilotfly:

Edited by Sn8ke_iis

Yes thank you, you guys are awesome, account was reset in less than 4 hours. I just put 'error 409 offline reset' in the ticket title. I'll be much more aware of any hardware, firmware, OS changes while "offline" in the future, it makes sense that would corrupt an authorization key. thanks again.

The fiber in my neighborhood recently got cut by construction work early on a Saturday. We didn't have internet for about 12 to 18 hours. I log in to DCS almost every single night, so I was able to play but had a timer counting down from 1 day and some amount of hours. I would have been really irritated if the counter had run out before I got internet back. But I didn't lose any game time at all. My wife and son on the otherhand were suffering internet withdrawal symptoms... they both stream tons of content including her morning work outs, movies and most of his games on tablet, console, and PC require internet. We are in a sad world where the absence of internet for even one day disrupts almost every aspect of our lives from shopping to banking to recreation. We need to unplug and live in the real world more as well as carry cash have keep our gas tanks nearly full as much as possible ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]