Oculus CV2 - Sneak Peak?

dburne

At F8:

Looking and sounding very sweet!

I will certainly be in line to order one whenever that time does come.

Sorry operator...

Thinking to stop follow this tread,

Starting to be a endless discution..

Nice start of tread btw :)

Sad how it go

Greets

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

For those who think VR is really that great, check out this smattering of issues from this forum alone:

"Is support for VR dwindling?"

"NVG only in one eye"

"Help reading MFD's and buttons!"

"Mouse hover"

"2.5 Video Settings - VR Quality/Performance Balance"

"VR Quality Lowered in 2.5.1.16543 ?"

"Still no right click with touch controllers ?"

"Poor VR performance, is it just me?"

"DS gamma above 1.3 causes dots"

"fog cancellation inside the Oculus"

"Mismatched display between L and R eyes (tracers, grass)"

"night time flying looks like dust everywhere"

"Need Help-Cockpit too bright"

"Oculus Rift Help, game won't load VR even when forced"

"Help with two VR problems: Steam VR loading screen and DCS out-of-focus"

"Can't turn ASW off after the recent update"

"Within Visual Range combat using virtual reality in Harrier"

And yet these people still play in VR? They must have serious issues, they definitely can't be enjoying the experience.

Any serious upgrades to an already impressive piece of kit can only be a good thing.

I've seen a few topics recently where people were asking if they should get CV1.

Unfortunately for the posters, there were enough people heaping praises for the "immersion" offered by the CV1, that they should abandon all reason and purchase a CV1 immediately, despite CV2 being around the corner.

Then, news of the next version of the oculus gets announced, and the people who were duped by these users now need to live with a several hundred dollar mistake.

That's not fair to those people.

I think most folks can easily enough make up their own mind.

CV2 is not necessarily around the corner, and nothing has been "announced" as of yet regarding CV2.

Just some interesting tech being shared by Oculus , which is what this thread is about.

Not about bashing CV1 or the users that use it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Any serious upgrades to an already impressive piece of kit can only be a good thing.

:thumbup:

Some exciting times ahead for VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

+1

I will jump on the CV2 as soon as it's available.

Funny thing - as a guy who needs prescription glasses, I only now got these amazing lense inserts from Germany that really make VR a whole lot better for me. This - to me - already bumped up my VR experience in the CV1 quite a bit. Didn't expect it to look that good in the end. So for me that was my CV1.5 upgrade right there. ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

:lol:

No, the only idiots are the ones who buy first gen hardware to play beta software with currently horrible optimization, with the inability to read fine detail in cockpit or identify aircraft at distance, staring through artifactual lenses and cheese grater tunnel vision.

But muh "immersion"! :lol:

Enjoy spending a few hundred more dollars on the next gen, guys! Best of luck in selling your old hardware for more money than you paid for your depreciating "investment". Opportunity cost?? You could have saved the money to buy better hardware and you could have waited for maturation of the DCS engine.

I feel especially bad for all the people you duped in this forum to buy first gen hardware right before next gen is coming out.

Wow, what a troll. You do know that some of us make a lot of money and buying a Rift is pocket change right? I'll buy the CV2 asap.

I have a 4k monitor but choose my Rift for flying every time.

Edited by Kayos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've seen a few topics recently where people were asking if they should get CV1.

Unfortunately for the posters, there were enough people heaping praises for the "immersion" offered by the CV1, that they should abandon all reason and purchase a CV1 immediately, despite CV2 being around the corner.

Then, news of the next version of the oculus gets announced, and the people who were duped by these users now need to live with a several hundred dollar mistake.

That's not fair to those people.

You are generally Anti-Early Adopter for any type of equipment, no?

+1

I will jump on the CV2 as soon as it's available.

Funny thing - as a guy who needs prescription glasses, I only now got these amazing lense inserts from Germany that really make VR a whole lot better for me. This - to me - already bumped up my VR experience in the CV1 quite a bit. Didn't expect it to look that good in the end. So for me that was my CV1.5 upgrade right there. ;)

Good deal!

I only require reading glasses ( non prescription), and I was pleasantly surprised with the size of everything in VR I had no need to wear them with the Rift. Previously with the monitor I had to have them on.

Don B

Don’t understand this war between vr and non vr users

Can’t everybody use whatever they use and live with the fact that others may be prefer to use something else?

All this fight is useles and distracts from the scope of this thread that is discussion on cv2

Don’t understand this war between vr and non vr users

Can’t everybody use whatever they use and live with the fact that others may be prefer to use something else?

All this fight is useles and distracts from the scope of this thread that is discussion on cv2

Beg to differ. In my day to day dealings with non VR users I have found them to be without any exceptions the scum of the universe! :smilewink:

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

There's no need for gsync for VR headsets.

Explain why, please.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Don't need much from CV2, I'd be happy just to have a slightly higher resolution headset. There's no getting off the VR train now! :D

Yep I would jump all over a new Rift with just higher resolution and little larger FOV.

Some of that other stuff would be awesome gravy!

Those gloves Zuckerberg was wearing looked really cool, although I really am quite happy myself with the Touch Controllers as they are.

Don B

Its important to remember, if it weren't for all of us blissfully ignorant idiots who bought the CV1, Oculus would think that there isn't much demand for VR gear, and would probably shift their focus to something else instead of continuing to improve and innovate. The rest of the market would have followed. They're not going to continue developing and improving a product that nobody is buying because they're all waiting for it to be as awesome as they think it should be. Its pretty simple. No bucks, no Buck Rogers.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Its important to remember, if it weren't for all of us blissfully ignorant idiots who bought the CV1, Oculus would think that there isn't much demand for VR gear, and would probably shift their focus to something else instead of continuing to improve and innovate. The rest of the market would have followed. They're not going to continue developing and improving a product that nobody is buying because they're all waiting for it to be as awesome as they think it should be. Its pretty simple. No bucks, no Buck Rogers.

Very much true. I bet on Oculus twice. I backed the kickstarter (which garnered me a DK1 and a CV1 for the low total of $365, IIRC) and I bought stock in FB right after they bought Oculus (the stock price is now triple what I paid). All in all, it was a very wise, and profitable, choice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: