Depends on what you mean by upcoming and whether, or not, you plan to install both the OB and release versions.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In that case 500GB will be more than satisfactory.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is 500GB enough for a SSD for 2.5 Stable with all upcoming maps and planes?

Of course. I had it running on a 250 GB SSD plus Windows, DCS plus my modules takes ~ 100 GB and was getting impractical because I have other games too.

Now I have installed it on a secondary 500 GB SSD together with a dozen other games and have 260 GB free.

However, as to "all upcoming planes and modules", well .. if you plan to spend so much money, I recommed you rather get the largest SSD you can get because the price of the hardware will be your least concern. I mean why be miserly over about 200$ hardware when you spend 1000s on software.

Is 500GB enough for a SSD for 2.5 Stable with all upcoming maps and planes?

Bah, nothing will ever run on that! You need at least four 2TB SSD's in RAID--bare minimum for playing video games :)

To install everything in DCS, including all upcoming maps and aircraft, a 250GB drive should be fine.

DCS currently is about 110-120 GB if you have everything, and remember, the maps are the biggest part by far. There's only one new map coming "soon", the Persian Gulf. Aircraft modules use relatively little space.

So, a 250GB drive is perfect for DCS, and as long as you leave that drive only for DCS, you'll be good to go! You'll have plenty of space left for years to come, and plenty of space for downloading updates (although DCS Updater probably uses any drive space it can find for that.)

I'd recommend a fast NVMe drive if your motherboard has the M.2 socket for it, such as a Samsung 960 EVO or Corsair MP500--but frankly, a cheap SATA SSD is fine, too. The NVMe drives do give faster loading times, but other than that, make no difference.

So, jibba jabba aside, a 250GB drive is perfect if it's only for DCS :)

Peace & Happy Warfare

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!