will we ever see a flyable B-52

just wondering if we will ever see a bomber modual like a B-52 or maybe a B-2

- Excuse me ? There was not a mountain here this morning?

- Uh, so ... but Winglesschip209 went with his squadron of b-52 ... but now we can look for dinosaur fossils !! :laugh:

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

Short answer, no.

Long answer?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 2

Either one would be cool, for a very short time. The B-52 had a crew of five while the B-2 might be more manageable, in sim terms, since it only required a crew of two.

Neither aircraft would lend itself to being piloted by a single player with AI handling the rest.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@OP

ACTUALLY, while a B-52/B-2 has never been mentioned...

There is a small group of developers working on a Tu-22M Backfire, called Blackcat Studios (unless they've gone under, I haven't really been following them). There was a possibility of them applying for 3rd party status, although that would be much further down the line, and dependent on getting proper licensing and infos and blah blah all the usual crap.

Anyway, they were working on a fully modeled, multi-person interior last I looked into their project. Whether it ever becomes an official module or not, it's likely there will be mod projects at least. I tend to agree with Cichlid, though. Multi-crew is fun up to a point, but some of crew roles are a bit outside the scope of what DCS handles at present.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

B2 is stealth and in service. Chances of them getting the data they need for that is zero.

B52 is more possible but in terms of gameplay its not a great idea. None of the maps are currently big enough to do the missions properly. The flying would be more like a civie airliner, sat in a cockpit for 8 hours+. Same issues with doing something like a WW2 Lancaster. Is that fun gameplay for someone? to sit in a waist gunners position for 8 hours with nothing happening waiting for an attack which may never actually happen.

A full blown module is YEARS of work and all of that for what would be a very niche plane with gameplay which wouldn't work with how DCS is currently just isn't really worth it for them at the moment.

If they do eventually make DCS World a whole world map which is one of their ambitions, then it might become a more viable thing. Taking off from USA, flying to an AO conducting a mission and returning. Would take hours!!.

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

just wondering if we will ever see a bomber modual like a B-52 or maybe a B-2

Unlikely for either, can't see USAF allowing their primary two SIOP platforms to be modeled.

It would be hard to replicate the 5-6 person crew for the BUFF, and good luck modeling all of the interior of the cabin. Also, can't see folks spending 45 minutes to an hour getting it started, checked and ready prior to taxi. Yes, there are the cart starts, but it's that pesky SIOP thing again...

FWIW the BUFF is a better platform to fly in real life than in simulation, I have a few hours in the real one and wouldn't go for a sim based on the above.

Short answer, no.

Long answer?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Your long answer must have ECM equipment on it, because it jammed up my browser.

• 2 weeks later...

Imho only B-52 and only as FC4.

What people dig is the flight model itself. No need for every single system modeled or other staff roles. Just pilot role with ability to use simple nav, radio and weapon delivery. Good point on long starting procedures. No fun in clicking a lot of stuff and waiting what in reality many people do simultanously.

As for missions or boredom I don't see a problem. It's even enough fun to actually fly this thing and do nothing else but mission designers could make you busy: transport, ferry, bomb runs, paratroopers, aborting due to fighter threats, anchored and waiting for CAP and SEAD... You don't fly empty air-space fighter CAP missions for hours too, do you?

You don't have to fly to another continent either for hours. NATO bases are all over the world. They can even start from Kutaisi or Vaziani - runway lenght is enough.

tl;dr +1 B-52 FC style

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 6 months later...
Imho only B-52 and only as FC4.

What people dig is the flight model itself. No need for every single system modeled or other staff roles. Just pilot role with ability to use simple nav, radio and weapon delivery. Good point on long starting procedures. No fun in clicking a lot of stuff and waiting what in reality many people do simultanously.

As for missions or boredom I don't see a problem. It's even enough fun to actually fly this thing and do nothing else but mission designers could make you busy: transport, ferry, bomb runs, paratroopers, aborting due to fighter threats, anchored and waiting for CAP and SEAD... You don't fly empty air-space fighter CAP missions for hours too, do you?

You don't have to fly to another continent either for hours. NATO bases are all over the world. They can even start from Kutaisi or Vaziani - runway lenght is enough.

tl;dr +1 B-52 FC style

+1 with HB's and Belsimteks multicrew dev the B-52 and the B-1B gets more realizable and interesting

I would love to get a high fidelity module but would be happy with the pfm/ssm Combo as well.

I think these planes should have their place in DCS especially since maps are expanding and planesets get more complete in the fighter and attacker departement

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Although it would be cool to have those bombers in DCS I agree that it wont be happening in a long time especially the B-2. In the mean time why not just focus on other alternatives that would have a higher probability of getting developed because all the necessary data would be available and permissions granted. Such alternatives could be F-111 and the B-17.

Although it would be cool to have those bombers in DCS I agree that it wont be happening in a long time especially the B-2. In the mean time why not just focus on other alternatives that would have a higher probability of getting developed because all the necessary data would be available and permissions granted. Such alternatives could be F-111 and the B-17.

Of course the B-2 is out of the world, but the B-1B and the B-52 aren't. BTW I don't see a higher probability for a B-17. You need a lot more AI work for a B-17.

Plus what should be considered the B-52 spans most of the Era's represented in the game right now. As it was said, the probability of a Bomber is starting to rise with the incorporation of multicrew and all the A/G relevant development being done on the Hornet.

It would just be interesting to get an opinion by the devs if this is even a consideration for DCS, to develop a heavy.

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Yes.

It will happen when:

1. There's enough interest for it. More interest => more fidelity, as well.

2. When there's a developer that have everything they need to make it happen (including the ambition), and when they see that point 1 is true.

//Jarl

• Like 1

B-1B has a Fichte right stick not a yoke:) not the most versatile, but considering the room for non combat oriented roles in DCS like support in unarmed helos, it would be fun to come in st Mach .98 NOE and drop a metric ton of ordnance for friend that cleared the a8r threat. Get a plan on your tail and you could out run them at low altitude with large fuel reserves:) Someday....

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Would it be awesome? Hell yea I'd love to see it. But a B-52 has 8 engines and devs have stated DCS can only support 2. I'm betting they could make 4 engines work and possibly do a B-1 but I haven't seen ED express any interest in taking on such a module. Well heres hoping...

• 1 month later...

I think it really boils down to a simple question, where are you going to fly your long-range strategic bomber with the current map size?

The only bombers that really make sense with the current map size are attack aircraft like the F-111 or SU-24/34. If we're stickily looking at big birds, Maritime patrol aircraft like the P-3 or IL-38 would also work with the current map size. Maybe in the future if we ever get to the point where maps could be 1000's of km across a strategic bomber would make a viable module.

• 9 months later...