Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

I found that after every update my reverb headset is undetected until I disconnect/reconnect displayport plug.
My Odyssey plus has been behaving similarly since I got it.

In my case, each time I turn off my computer and turn on again, steamVR application will not detect headset untill I remove and re-insert the USB cable after which wmr will starrup.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

My Odyssey plus has been behaving similarly since I got it.

In my case, each time I turn off my computer and turn on again, steamVR application will not detect headset untill I remove and re-insert the USB cable after which wmr will starrup.

Same here for me for the original odyssey. I just reboot the pc and sometines that helps.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I found that if you restart explorer.exe in windows this is a repeatable workaround for the problem apparently MS is aware according to Reddit and is working on it...

you can create a batch file to restart it by using this code; close the wmr portal first

taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
start explorer.exe
exit

and copy and saving it to batchfile on your desktop.

1) copy the code above into notepad

2) save the file as "restart explorer.bat" on to your desk top

3) click and run

4) re-open the mixed reality portal

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Did you mean to say clip mounted desk lamp?

I’m thinking of doing something similar. My head tracking is rubbish in the Reverb.

yes, fat fingers win again. I meant a desk LAMP, it really has helped the tracking when looking down. I have a light overhead but it was causing dark shadows under my desk which is what I figured was causing the tracking drift.

I have it pointing toward the bottom of the desk and the light fills all the shadows but doesn't shine directly toward the sensors.

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

I have an issue that I think comes from the Windows Mixed Reality. I had it already on O+ and now with HP Reverb. Sometimes when I play for a while - I think mostly if I take of the headset and put it back on. Firstly it is again looking at somewhere, wrong position and what not, but if I look around it usually finds the right position again. Sometimes however, I get this effect that zoom in and zoom out (lean forward and backward) get switched. Is there a way to fix it on the fly? I usually fly the mission to the end and then restart the VR stuff, but sometimes it is rather irritating and occurs in the worst possible moment.

I tried resetting seat position from SteamVR and things like that but to no avail.

I have an issue that I think comes from the Windows Mixed Reality. I had it already on O+ and now with HP Reverb. Sometimes when I play for a while - I think mostly if I take of the headset and put it back on. Firstly it is again looking at somewhere, wrong position and what not, but if I look around it usually finds the right position again. Sometimes however, I get this effect that zoom in and zoom out (lean forward and backward) get switched. Is there a way to fix it on the fly? I usually fly the mission to the end and then restart the VR stuff, but sometimes it is rather irritating and occurs in the worst possible moment.

I tried resetting seat position from SteamVR and things like that but to no avail.

What always fixed it for me was launching dcs through my headset. I have an odyssey and whenever I launched it from the desktop then put on the headset, I would get what you described. Other times if it happened I just needs to turn the light on in my room.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 3 weeks later...

WMR users,

Please join this poll:

Would you like Windows Mixed Reality Native Support in DCS World

Happy Simming,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Hi, I am quite new to DCS and VR and I would like to know how do you guys operate the aircraft´s switches and buttons with your mixed reality headsets?

There are a few options which I know of but they all have their quirks (at least for me).

First I could control the gloves with the two input controllers, which not really works so great (I have not really figured out yet how to properly push/pull a knob. I can either nudge it a little with the controller and then sometimes the switch moves in the direction I have pushed it. I can also make the line appear on my index finger and then select a button/switch, but that does not really work either. It works for menus though, but not in game.)

Second, I could use the mouse, but that is one device too many, plus it locks me out of the game when I push a mouse button for 3-4 times so I have to go back to desktop and then back to game.

Third, I could make the white dot stay in the middle of my view and then point at the switches with my view and then just press the mouse button on my x52, but that also locks me out of the game and I have to go back to desktop and return to the game

I am a little frustrated but you can´t really play DCS without pushing buttons or switches...

Hi, I am quite new to DCS and VR and I would like to know how do you guys operate the aircraft´s switches and buttons with your mixed reality headsets?

There are a few options which I know of but they all have their quirks (at least for me).

First I could control the gloves with the two input controllers, which not really works so great (I have not really figured out yet how to properly push/pull a knob. I can either nudge it a little with the controller and then sometimes the switch moves in the direction I have pushed it. I can also make the line appear on my index finger and then select a button/switch, but that does not really work either. It works for menus though, but not in game.)

Second, I could use the mouse, but that is one device too many, plus it locks me out of the game when I push a mouse button for 3-4 times so I have to go back to desktop and then back to game.

Third, I could make the white dot stay in the middle of my view and then point at the switches with my view and then just press the mouse button on my x52, but that also locks me out of the game and I have to go back to desktop and return to the game

I am a little frustrated but you can´t really play DCS without pushing buttons or switches...

DCS settings>vr options . Check the box that says "confine cursor to window" or something similar .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Oh.. I have not tried it yet, but now everything makes sense to me. I already wondered what this option could mean, but now that you mention it... could it be that the vr window is just part of my desktop and that the pointer could eventually get outside the window and then cause the unwanted click and lockout behaviour that I was talking about? Thank you for pointing me in this direction! ;-)

Ok, now i tried it, but all this setting changes for me is that it makes the active area inside my view of that i can move the mouse cursor smaller. This means for example that i can not reach buttons to my lower left or right anymore but the problem stays: Whenever I do a couple of mouse clicks (does not matter if through the actual mouse or through my x52 mouse), I loose joystick controls altogether.

Hi, thank you for your input about the fullscreen/mouse issue.

When I start DCS, on my desktop DCS is displayed as a vertical box in the center of the screen, taking up about 1/2 of the screen. This is where DCS renders the HMD view into. Is this normal?

But pushing Alt+Enter does not change anything. Have a look at the photo, is this how it is supposed to look like? Bildschirmfoto-2019-10-05-um-20-14-38.png

Also, in the DCS system options, Fullscreen is activated. Changing it to windowed did also not help.

My mouse still vanishes after a couple of clicks, and with it, all my joystick controls go away too. I need to push the menu button on one of the WMR hand controllers, bringing up the menu and then closing it again in order to gain controls and mouse back ... until they go away again. What I also noticed is that my mouse likes to vanish even easier when using the scroll wheel in order to turn a knob... this is a 95% chance to loose my controls.

Slowly, I am getting a little bit annoyed by DCS since I cannot control my aircaft properly. I can almost not click any cockpit buttons, and breaking the immersion every 2 min in order to look for a keyboard is also not very entertaining.

Still is there anyone who knows this issue, or knows what I did wrong?

Hi, thank you for your input about the fullscreen/mouse issue.

When I start DCS, on my desktop DCS is displayed as a vertical box in the center of the screen, taking up about 1/2 of the screen. This is where DCS renders the HMD view into. Is this normal?

But pushing Alt+Enter does not change anything. Have a look at the photo, is this how it is supposed to look like? Bildschirmfoto-2019-10-05-um-20-14-38.png

Also, in the DCS system options, Fullscreen is activated. Changing it to windowed did also not help.

My mouse still vanishes after a couple of clicks, and with it, all my joystick controls go away too. I need to push the menu button on one of the WMR hand controllers, bringing up the menu and then closing it again in order to gain controls and mouse back ... until they go away again. What I also noticed is that my mouse likes to vanish even easier when using the scroll wheel in order to turn a knob... this is a 95% chance to loose my controls.

Slowly, I am getting a little bit annoyed by DCS since I cannot control my aircaft properly. I can almost not click any cockpit buttons, and breaking the immersion every 2 min in order to look for a keyboard is also not very entertaining.

Still is there anyone who knows this issue, or knows what I did wrong?

Does it really show up like that upside-down? The dcs window when you boot up in VR is normal. You have to click into the window or use window key + Y to switch to the window. Then press alt+enter to go full screen. Your mouse is going out the game because you aren't focusing on the dcs window. Alt + enter gets you full screen but you have to click into the window first or select focus to it with Windows key +y.

Are you using the scroll wheel and does the scroll wheel have a click (middle mouse button) function? If so try double clicking the middle mouse button to see if you regain control.

You may be switching focus away from DCS. CTRL+TAB will switch focus between programs. Make sure you don’t have that function mapped as a key press. When it happens, raise your visor and see if you can CRTL+TAB the focus back to DCS.

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Hey guys, I have a recent issue where when I load in, I am no longer center in the cockpit but over to the left and lower so that my head is in front of the left side instrument panel.

Hitting num key 5 does not reset the view, so what I have to do is use right-ctrl + right-shift and the num keys to move my head to the correct center position. It literally happened two days ago and is the same ever since every time a load in.

Any ideas how a can return my VR center to the center? "Num0 - RAlt" Save Cockpit Angle doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

Len

Edited by Captain Spears

Hope this is the right place to post.

I am getting back into DCS after a few months away and installed F-16C module and updated my gaming PC to the latest Windows 10 build 1903.

This seems to have totally jacked up some settings somewhere because now DCS is really choppy once in the cockpit with constant micro-stutters and the loading screen between the main menu and getting in the cockpit flickers so bad I get nauseous unless I take the headset off.

Also I notice Steam VR since the latest update seems to be taking up more resources...could that be the issue?

Thank you

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

I am getting back into DCS after a few months away and installed F-16C module and updated my gaming PC to the latest Windows 10 build 1903.

This seems to have totally jacked up some settings somewhere because now DCS is really choppy once in the cockpit with constant micro-stutters and the loading screen between the main menu and getting in the cockpit flickers so bad I get nauseous unless I take the headset off.

Also I notice Steam VR since the latest update seems to be taking up more resources...could that be the issue?

Thank you

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251969

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

This post from @tronorail did the trick for me. I was experiencing the same thing until I made these changes and it's night and day better:

" On a whim, I opted into the beta branch of "Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR" on Steam and then manually enabled automatic motion reprojection in one of the config files. It solved the problem completely.

The guide I followed is here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...r-steamvr-apps "

This post from @tronorail did the trick for me. I was experiencing the same thing until I made these changes and it's night and day better:

" On a whim, I opted into the beta branch of "Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR" on Steam and then manually enabled automatic motion reprojection in one of the config files. It solved the problem completely.

The guide I followed is here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...r-steamvr-apps "

I think this post was an answer to mine?

If so, making those edits causes my SteamVR to go into a bootloop then crash.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Aside from WMR debug tool, any news of progress on WMR official integration in DCS? Wags mentioned months ago that after testing the Reverb the dev team started working on it, but no roadmap...

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• ED Team
Aside from WMR debug tool, any news of progress on WMR official integration in DCS? Wags mentioned months ago that after testing the Reverb the dev team started working on it, but no roadmap...

No news to share yet, sorry.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have a problem with audio. I would like to have my mic and headphones in my Reverb directed to comms (Discord, Teamspeak etc) only with my main 5.1 speaker setup used for gameplay.

With previous HMD's I have just set the main speakers as default device in the sound control panel and then used the HMD speakers for voice playback in the dropdown list of whatever comms program I am using.

With WMR though I cannot seem to enable the Reverb headphones in the sound control panel unless I check "When Mixed Reality Portal is running switch to headset audio" button in WMR settings. This then makes the HMD audio default and overides my 5.1 speakers so that all sound comes through the HMD. It is posiible to then make the 5.1 default again and get the result I want, but it is a bit of a faff to be doing this each time.

Am I missing something here?

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Thank you

This has been my issue for the past month now with the odyssey plus which surprisingly was a smooth experience.

VR in dcs which is about the only way I use dcs these days has turned unpleasant.

I have tried refresh frequency to automatic, lowest dcs graphic settings, steamVR beta and non beta, update drivers, delete fxo/metashader, repaired dcs, and no joy.

DCS plays for a few seconds and the stutter will begin, stutter goes away and come back a few seconds later. A game breaking cycle.

I get this intermittent stutter even on dcs menu page at those times gpu resource use goes up to 100% and cpu is under 50%.

I would like to read more in the Microsoft document link but it seems broken.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset