Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

On 12/3/2020 at 1:06 PM, Camel said:

hey all, I’ve ordered a G2 and was wondering if it is possible to show a desktop app in VR (as kneeboard) while in DCS and also interact with it?

thanks.

I think the mod VRK (Virtual Reality Kneeboard does what you are looking for. It projects up to 2 user-customized kneeboards in the VR cockpit at locations the user can set. The user can can make notes on the kneeboards using a digital tablet. Handy for copying those 9-lines.

14 hours ago, Habu_69 said:

I think the mod VRK (Virtual Reality Kneeboard does what you are looking for. It projects up to 2 user-customized kneeboards in the VR cockpit at locations the user can set. The user can can make notes on the kneeboards using a digital tablet. Handy for copying those 9-lines.

Thanks, that sounds great.

but I was actually wondering if one could have a native windows app open while using DCS, position it in 3D and also interact with it using the mouse.

18 hours ago, ctd01 said:

Hello guys.

Wasn't there an update for WMR coming from MS yesterday (201208)? What happened to it? Was it any good? Did it change anything?

Havn't heard about it. 🤔

Regards

Michael

Yeah that was the talk.

I see I have a cumulative update pending, have not installed it yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 12/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, Camel said:

Thanks, that sounds great.

but I was actually wondering if one could have a native windows app open while using DCS, position it in 3D and also interact with it using the mouse.

That would also be my concern. Back to desktop to set Simshaker, FFB, or something else whitout taking off the headset and reactivating the mouse would be great!

But I would prefer to just have a VR desktop to switch between DCS and Windows desktop because of performance.

Edited by Ganesh
add another sentence

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Stupid question time, recently upgraded from Rift S to Reverb G2.

I am wondering if there is any way to turn off the screen mirroring in WMR?

I understand that the screen mirroring in the DCS app itself is zero-low "cost" GPU/CPU wise, but not so sure about the WMR mirroring and it feels really strange having two separate applications mirroring the VR display.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

There is a little pause button in the bottom middle of the WMR screen press it and it will not display the WMR mirror, you will need to hover over it for it to show ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

There is a little pause button in the bottom middle of the WMR screen press it and it will not display the WMR mirror, you will need to hover over it for it to show ... 

Champion! Thanks mate.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hi,

Just received my G2.

Is there any way to enable motion smoothing without the controllers?

I found somewhere that it's in the steamVR settings, but apparently this was moved out at some update. I saw elsewhere that you can do it in the SteamVR dashboard (in-VR) where there is a WMR button, but I can't do anything in steamVR since I have no controller.

Any idea?

I believe you can access those settings by running

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\bin\win64\OpenVRSettingsUX.exe"

from the desktop

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Is there a way to reset SteamVR to a previous Version?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier.
I just received my Reverb G2 (upgraded from a Rift CV1), and after a few hours of faffing about I got it to work properly, but in DCS every time I switch missions, Steam VR crashes and I need to restart DCS. Is there anything that can be done about that? Thanks!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

18 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier.
I just received my Reverb G2 (upgraded from a Rift CV1), and after a few hours of faffing about I got it to work properly, but in DCS every time I switch missions, Steam VR crashes and I need to restart DCS. Is there anything that can be done about that? Thanks!

I get similar issues. Steam doesn't crash on me but something is not clearing VRam when I exit a mission so if I start another my FPS is tanked. I have taken to quitting to desktop from the mission and restarting DCS again. I have also disabled SteamVR Home from SteamVR settings as otherwise it glitches when I quit DCS.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Hi guys. I’m needing a hand here.

I’m having to the following issue, flood light in the cockpit are only rendered in the right eye in the UH-1, Harrier, etc. Also the instruments and panel lights jumps from zero to 100% when I move the knobs just a pixel.

Any thoughts?

I don’t want to uninstall everything and install again, my connection is not good, it will take almost two days.

I have an HP Reverb, 1080ti, 32Gb ram, M2 SSD and an I7 processor.

Thank you.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Edited by arturojgt

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

2 hours ago, arturojgt said:

Hi guys. I’m needing a hand here.

I’m having to the following issue, flood light in the cockpit are only rendered in the right eye in the UH-1, Harrier, etc. Also the instruments and panel lights jumps from zero to 100% when I move the knobs just a pixel.

Any thoughts?

I don’t want to uninstall everything and install again, my connection is not good, it will take almost two days.

I have an HP Reverb, 1080ti, 32Gb ram, M2 SSD and an I7 processor.

Thank you.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

the 1 eye light thing is usually because of setting 

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

in autoexec.cfg

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

the 1 eye light thing is usually because of setting 

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = true

in autoexec.cfg

Hi, do I need to change this line to false, or just delete this line?

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

4 hours ago, arturojgt said:

Hi, do I need to change this line to false, or just delete this line?

delete the line or add -- to the front of it to comment the line out, this will have a frame rate hit

• Like 1

When I start dcs my mouse won’t work in dcs.  Neither does alt y. I need to go to the task manager the. Press alt y to get the mouse back . I then need to fiddle with it to get the mouse cursor to move in dcs. Is anybody else running into this? What is the best way to start up dcs and have no issues? 

3 hours ago, Gonzzo said:

When I start dcs my mouse won’t work in dcs.  Neither does alt y. I need to go to the task manager the. Press alt y to get the mouse back . I then need to fiddle with it to get the mouse cursor to move in dcs. Is anybody else running into this? What is the best way to start up dcs and have no issues? 

What Stuart said, plus I assume it is a typo when you say alt+y. The correct key combination is win+y. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Personally, I disabled Cliff House and don't use the hand controllers. I do have an XBox controller though which works for WMR: I press the large X-button on the top middle of the controller, which brings up a window where I select "desktop": this brings up a mirror image of your desktop, and I launch DCS from there. Once loaded up, close the desktop and make sure to use the right trigger (RT) on the controller to make DCS active if not already.

I never had any luck with WIN + Y, which is why I mention this...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

10 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Personally, I disabled Cliff House and don't use the hand controllers. I do have an XBox controller though which works for WMR: I press the large X-button on the top middle of the controller, which brings up a window where I select "desktop": this brings up a mirror image of your desktop, and I launch DCS from there. Once loaded up, close the desktop and make sure to use the right trigger (RT) on the controller to make DCS active if not already.

I never had any luck with WIN + Y, which is why I mention this...

How did you disable Cliff House in WMR?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

3 minutes ago, imacken said:

How did you disable Cliff House in WMR?

It's in the settings somewhere. I don't remember where exactly, it might be "SteamVR Home - OFF" in the General tab within SteamVR.
I disabled Oculus Home as well when I was still using my CV1...

When I put on my headset, I only see a 3D view of the selectable background instead of Cliff House. I don't see the point of it so I looked in the settings to turn it off.

Spoiler