Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Set up Viacom to run as a scheduled task as administrator, create a shortcut to that task launch the short cut...

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums (sevenforums.com) works for 8 and 10 as well

That works perfectly, thank you sir !

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

44 minutes ago, shaun57 said:

That works perfectly, thank you sir !

My pleasure 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm hoping someone can help with sorting out this issue.

I have a shortcut on my desktop to DCS OpenBeta.  As soon as I launch WMR the DCS shortcut disappears!!  What is odd is the DCS shortcut for the release version of DCS does not disappear.  The only difference is that I have VR enabled for Open Beta in the DCS settings.  Any ideas???  Thanks

EDIT - I found a workaround I pinned the DCS OpenBeta shortcut to my taskbar and it does not disappear when I open WMR.  Still be curious if others have had this issue?

Edited by CrackerJack

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

I guess the desktop icon returns  when you drop back to regular windows?

if so,  their is a bug, between synchronising the desktop between wmr and windows... 

Cut the icon, and then fire up wmr, then paste it back... it should fix it

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

3 hours ago, oz555 said:

I was getting similar issues with icons disappearing. This registry entry fixed it for me.

Use a wmr headset? Give this a try - Virtual Reality - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

That fixed it!  Thanks for the help!

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

16 hours ago, oz555 said:

I was getting similar issues with icons disappearing. This registry entry fixed it for me.

Use a wmr headset? Give this a try - Virtual Reality - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Yep same here, what happens is WMR adds virtual monitors which screws up desktop arrangement.

After doing the registry fix problem solved.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

After doing this you won't be able to open (for example) a browser window inside your game anymore. It will drop you back to the WMR home scene with a blank browser window. At least it does this on my system. (didnt test in DCS, but did test in Elite)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

58 minutes ago, Yskonyn said:

After doing this you won't be able to open (for example) a browser window inside your game anymore. It will drop you back to the WMR home scene with a blank browser window. At least it does this on my system. (didnt test in DCS, but did test in Elite)

Yeah I think I heard something like that - not an issue on my end. I would think there might be some way though to get it to work, as I believe these virtual monitors were only being pre-allocated. I don't know though that is way beyond my pay grade.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1st thks to imacken for the tip on starting DCS from a desktop view in the WMR cliff house (don't have controllers and had not though about using the keyboards's Win key to bring up the menu... 😞 ).  

2nd: I have a G2 and a quest 2 but only use the G2 for DCS (much better)... I also have Skatezilla's DCS utility installed.  I noticed that when I launch DCS (either through DCS utility or just directly through the DCS desktop icon) it opens steamVR (normal) but also the oculus app.  Also noticed that in Skatezilla's utility, under application settings and then VR it has both steam Vr and Oculus there and Oculus has a ticked box next to it but SteamVR's box is unticked and I cannot untick or tick any of them.

Someone knows how I can prevent this oculus app from launching automatically with DCS? 

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Wondering if someone could help me please. Just got my Reverb G2 and generally things going really well, nice stable 45 most the time with crisp graphics etc. However - I have noticed that trees draw in at different distances, meaning that there are two different 'versions' of every tree leading to very disorienting looking trees in general.

(So close one eye and trees are 'growing' into the sim at the tree draw distance, but then if you swap eyes there are no trees there yet till you get a bit closer). This then means all trees around me while flying don't quite 'look' right as if there are two different trees at each location.

Anyone that has seen two different versions of an object in each eye overlaid before will know what I mean. I also see a similar effect with distant terrain/hills also - so they seem to 'ghost' and not quite look to be in the right place.

I previously got a similar effect in my Rift S when I tried the parser line in autoexec.cfg file with shorelines etc - so the water would be in one place at the shore in one eye compared to the other eye - so both combined looked VERY strange. So quickly removed that line from the file.

If anyone could help with this strange fault then I would be very appreciative - as this is really the only issue I am having with the G2 in DCS and it is a bit of a show stopper really.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, VampireNZ said:

Wondering if someone could help me please. Just got my Reverb G2 and generally things going really well, nice stable 45 most the time with crisp graphics etc. However - I have noticed that trees draw in at different distances, meaning that there are two different 'versions' of every tree leading to very disorienting looking trees in general.

(So close one eye and trees are 'growing' into the sim at the tree draw distance, but then if you swap eyes there are no trees there yet till you get a bit closer). This then means all trees around me while flying don't quite 'look' right as if there are two different trees at each location.

Anyone that has seen two different versions of an object in each eye overlaid before will know what I mean. I also see a similar effect with distant terrain/hills also - so they seem to 'ghost' and not quite look to be in the right place.

I previously got a similar effect in my Rift S when I tried the parser line in autoexec.cfg file with shorelines etc - so the water would be in one place at the shore in one eye compared to the other eye - so both combined looked VERY strange. So quickly removed that line from the file.

If anyone could help with this strange fault then I would be very appreciative - as this is really the only issue I am having with the G2 in DCS and it is a bit of a show stopper really.

Hi VampireNZ, not sure what specs and settings you got so difficult to help but have you tried Taz1004' better trees mod for caucus?  I use it (dark version) and do not have this pb (and trees look a lot better!).  Post your specs and setting though if you want an answer

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

24 minutes ago, Brainfreeze said:

Hi VampireNZ, not sure what specs and settings you got so difficult to help but have your tries Taz1004' better trees mod for caucus?  I use it (dark version) and do not have this pb (and trees look a lot better!).  Post your specs and setting though if you want an answer

Cheers, yea my specs used to be in my sig, but I guess that stuff has changed with the new forum. In any case the Q was more for ppl who know what is causing the issue/have also had the same problem and fixed it as there are lots of other ppl here with G2's- not so much guessing what it might be based on my system specs. Also I wasn't getting the issue with my Rift S so is G2 specific.

Also yes I have V5 of the tree mod - seemed pretty obvious this might be causing it so tried with and without it and get the same issue. Also the tree mod is only for one map, I get the same thing with all trees on all maps.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I spent a lot of time in the Hornet off the Supercarrier today whilst I was working out bindings for my new CM3 Throttle.

For some reason today I could not help but gawk at the incredible image in my Reverb G2, the lighting was just incredible.

DCS is absolutely stunning in VR. Can't wait for the new clouds.

• Like 2

Don B

For anyone interested currently the Microsoft Store has Reverb G2 in stock.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-reverb-g2-vr-headset/93qb262d0514?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• Like 1

Don B

• 2 weeks later...
Latest Nvidia drivers 457.30 messed up the refresh rate on my Odyssey plus. I have a RTX2080ti and I started getting Error 13-14 which means it could not start my WMR at the refresh rate I set, which was 90hz. I could run it in 60hz but the flicker bugged the crap out of me. So I rolled the drivers back to 456.71 and it all works again. If anyone else has issues, give that a try.
Just a follow up, I was using the USB-c virtuallink port on my 2080ti for my headset, and that appears to be the culprit. I plugged my headset directly into the HDMI on the card and the USB3 on the PC and it works with the latest drivers, but it's crashing a lot. Does anyone else use the virtual link port on their card?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, dburne said:

For anyone interested currently the Microsoft Store has Reverb G2 in stock.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-reverb-g2-vr-headset/93qb262d0514?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It's already out of stock at least in the UK.

Mine packed up, neither Windows Mixed Reality nor Steam VR could detect it, I had a refund from the HP provider and bought some nice G.SKILL RAM kit with it.

I'll spend a little in a second hand headset and wait until the new generation come out at lower price and hopefully better FoV, the G2 is good, but from my point of view HP shot themselves in the foot releaseing it with too little improvement to stan its own vs newer headsets, the technology is progressing very fast and we'll see better pretty soon.

That said, after the Oculus CV1 it was quiet a joy to use, I only have 3 issues with V.R sets: Limited FoW and the weight of the set itself which make the recorded image shaking at every head movement, amplifying it because of the forward weight inertia, then the recording was decentred vertically, I never was able to set it up (didn't have time to do so before it packed up to be honnest) and from VR to full screen recording didn't completely show what I was looking at.

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, Thinder said:

It's already out of stock at least in the UK.

Mine packed up, neither Windows Mixed Reality nor Steam VR could detect it, I had a refund from the HP provider and bought some nice G.SKILL RAM kit with it.

I'll spend a little in a second hand headset and wait until the new generation come out at lower price and hopefully better FoV, the G2 is good, but from my point of view HP shot themselves in the foot releaseing it with too little improvement to stan its own vs newer headsets, the technology is progressing very fast and we'll see better pretty soon.

That said, after the Oculus CV1 it was quiet a joy to use, I only have 3 issues with V.R sets: Limited FoW and the weight of the set itself which make the recorded image shaking at every head movement, amplifying it because of the forward weight inertia, then the recording was decentred vertically, I never was able to set it up (didn't have time to do so before it packed up to be honnest) and from VR to full screen recording didn't completely show what I was looking at.

Thinder You a motorhead fan? only i see snaggletooth in your channel.

I saw them many times first line up Lemmy.Animal,Eddie back in the day newer line up later on. 

I was at Port vale also which was probably the longest show ever,

Sorry to go off topic and if you are not a fan the above is irrelevant lol. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, freehand said:

I saw them many times first line up Lemmy.Animal,Eddie back in the day newer line up later on. 

No problem... Yeah. Bomber!

06dc051c6d6f1fe3645a7ded30f559c7.png

Edited by Thinder
  • Like 2

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

5 hours ago, freehand said:

Newcastle City Hall, March 79', Overkill tour.

Camped out overnight in a sleeping bag in the ticket queue outside the venue to get seats down the front.

My ears are still ringing 😉

• Like 3

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

New user here. 

I use the Reverb G2, and never had issues in other games, but in DCS it is....weird.

View is very large, and the cockpit "swims" around as I move my head. Ie, as I loom left, the cockpit moves right, but not the outside world.

How can I fix the VR view? Thanks

At the risk of getting into a “have you tried this?” Marathon:  make sure you turn off hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, or hags. I did a test this week where i reenabled it using a working, prexisting setup and it causes all sort of swimming and weird stuttery issues like you describe.  It causes this trippy, swirly stuttering than what you normally see. 

28 minutes ago, captainHelmet said:

At the risk of getting into a “have you tried this?” Marathon:  make sure you turn off hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, or hags. I did a test this week where i reenabled it using a working, prexisting setup and it causes all sort of swimming and weird stuttery issues like you describe.  It causes this trippy, swirly stuttering than what you normally see. 

It's already off.

7 hours ago, Steeljockey said:

New user here. 

I use the Reverb G2, and never had issues in other games, but in DCS it is....weird.

View is very large, and the cockpit "swims" around as I move my head. Ie, as I loom left, the cockpit moves right, but not the outside world.

How can I fix the VR view? Thanks

With something weird like this I would start as clean as possible... i.e default settings on the GPU control panel then have the steamvR settings as used by @speed-of-heat and default settings in DCS.  Need to find a config that does not do that to start with.