Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

so the headset is working... other wise you wouldnt see the image in the headset? you gone through the HP Reverb G2 setup app to bind the controllers?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I just realized something I noticed reading through some of this but in my SteamVR app setting is the " Force DX11 Mode " should this be enabled ? I have it like SoH's but was wondering should this be enabled .

wmrpic.PNG

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

3 minutes ago, Burt said:

I just realized something I noticed reading through some of this but in my SteamVR app setting is the " Force DX11 Mode " should this be enabled ? 

Don't know if it "should" be, but mine is.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Yeah I may try it enabled too. Thank ! 

So I think by having it enabled it lets the CPU handle the reprojection. Which kinda makes alittle sense to balance the work force between the cpu and gpu, I guess. 

I'll try it this evening and see how it performs and how my fpsvr graph looks. I haven't used the fspvr app in weeks.

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb speed-of-heat:

so the headset is working... other wise you wouldnt see the image in the headset? you gone through the HP Reverb G2 setup app to bind the controllers?

I have them uncoupled since I don't intend to use them...WMR setup says you have to look at the gem if you want to use mouse and keyboard, but it does not work. xbox controller doesn't work either. I can accept the diamond thingy, but then it does not function properly anymore when it comes to the "look at the stage"-phase.

Edit: Pressing Win+Y solved it. Somehow the gem only works when you have the desktop as output source selected. Now to the sound problems...^^

Edit 2: Tried to check again if the audio update is installed, got this when starting the update tool:

Second picture shows the usbc to a adapter which looks different than the one with the first g2. Without it, nothing works at all.

grafik.pngIMG_20210720_191836.jpg

Edited by MrFlatfoot

you need to use the controllers or the mouse, the correct window has to have the focus if you are using the mouse... I just use the USB C connector on my main Mother board which works fine,, the adaptor looks different to mine, i cant  tell you if that is right or wrong or just different ... are you sure your firmware is up to date for your MB ... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

vor 13 Minuten schrieb speed-of-heat:

you need to use the controllers or the mouse, the correct window has to have the focus if you are using the mouse... I just use the USB C connector on my main Mother board which works fine,, the adaptor looks different to mine, i cant  tell you if that is right or wrong or just different ... are you sure your firmware is up to date for your MB ... 

Meia culpa..I thought because steam shows up to date it is up to date...it wasn't. After plugging the usb-cable into a not before used usb port I could update to REV .15..now it seems to be working! Thank you!

• Like 1

glad you are up and working

Dear.
I migrated to a 5950x (4.9) , mother x570, m2 Evo 970 plus, 6900xt OC, 32Gb 3200mHz, Ho reverb, corsairHX1000.
With the recommended vr seeing from DCS I only got 39-49 fps and with almost maxed out 23 fps.

Why I can’t see an upgrade in fps? With my old 1080ti and i7 I almost for the same result. Thank you.

Chaco
Rotorheads server member.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

I would start here . Prolly the best , most researched and most comprehensive guide for setting up the Reverb , regardless of hardware .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

So I just started experiencing a new problem with my Reverb G2 and WMR.  Within the last couple of weeks, any time I launched WMR (either directly by clicking on the icon or by just putting on the headset) my display would reset and cause all sorts of issues with using my primary and other monitors in my simpit.  After a tech support call to HP (no help at all), uninstalling and reinstalling everything related to WMR, the G2, Steam VR, etc, and searching all over the internet for problems with the G2 resetting the desktop resolution, I stumbled upon the real issue.  Our friends at Microsoft changed how WMR was handling Win32 applications, and they decided to 'pre-install' three extra virtual displays whenever WMR launched.  These extra virtual monitors were causing my real world two monitors to readjust and made a mess of things.  Thankfully, they provided a simple, quick solution to the issue.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-microsoft-edge#monitor-and-input-handling-issues  I made the registry change, and everything is back to working just fine.  Wish I would have found the solution 6 hours ago when I started on this journey to make things work right... again.  I thought I would put the solution here and share with all of my fellow virtual flyers!

Have a great day!

Dud

• Like 1

If it worked perfectly... what's the fun in that? :joystick:

40 minutes ago, DudleyAz said:

So I just started experiencing a new problem with my Reverb G2 and WMR.  Within the last couple of weeks, any time I launched WMR (either directly by clicking on the icon or by just putting on the headset) my display would reset and cause all sorts of issues with using my primary and other monitors in my simpit.  After a tech support call to HP (no help at all), uninstalling and reinstalling everything related to WMR, the G2, Steam VR, etc, and searching all over the internet for problems with the G2 resetting the desktop resolution, I stumbled upon the real issue.  Our friends at Microsoft changed how WMR was handling Win32 applications, and they decided to 'pre-install' three extra virtual displays whenever WMR launched.  These extra virtual monitors were causing my real world two monitors to readjust and made a mess of things.  Thankfully, they provided a simple, quick solution to the issue.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-microsoft-edge#monitor-and-input-handling-issues  I made the registry change, and everything is back to working just fine.  Wish I would have found the solution 6 hours ago when I started on this journey to make things work right... again.  I thought I would put the solution here and share with all of my fellow virtual flyers!

Have a great day!

Dud

Dang it... I have been have similar issues with mine for a couple weeks now. Most times it simply freezes my computer(after starting WMR and right when SVR tries to launch), no mouse, no CTRl-AL-Del nothing. Only way I can get unstuck is power cycle the PC or the G2, SteamVr then reports it can't find my display. Then shut down, Steam, WMR,  vrmonitor and any thing else that launched.

Then start over. Sometimes it all launches as it should, sometimes it seems to launch, I even hear the audio switch to the headset, but when I put it on, no video. Then realize SteamVR errors out again.

Try again, and viola. Until the next time.

I have ripped and replaced SVR/WMR a few times, but the behavior comes back. And I already had applied the reg fix for the display issue.

Might try switching it back to 1 then back to 0 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Sr., you have probably already tried this, but I found (as recommended in another thread), that reverting to stable in WMR for Steam VR, and VR for Steam, solved most of my problems with VR Steam crashing. I still get the occasional “unable to start your headset at 90” messages, which go away after a restart. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, DucS2r said:

Sr., you have probably already tried this, but I found (as recommended in another thread), that reverting to stable in WMR for Steam VR, and VR for Steam, solved most of my problems with VR Steam crashing. I still get the occasional “unable to start your headset at 90” messages, which go away after a restart. 

Yeah, I've tried every combo of beta/non beta with both (currently both non beta). I may resort to a Windows reinstall.

I even used USBdview to remove most USB devices and reinstalled.

--Arthur C Clark

I did the complete windows reinstall about a month ago, but that was because I tried to delete and reinstall WMR portal as well as WMR for steam VR and Steam Vr, and was unable to reinstall WMR portal. It kept saying it was already installed. It is a pain to reinstall windows, but it did seem to help at the time. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

• ED Team

Hi all, 

the team have found a issue with windows mixed reality when using it set to high performance in the windows mixed reality settings. 

It creates a situation where the left eye will see an object like a tree slightly before the right. 

We have a fix coming in the next open beta that resolves this issue. 

thank you

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Awesome BigNewy ! Thanks !

• Like 1

Start Date April 2020 

3 minutes ago, captainHelmet said:

Awesome news!  I had come to accept the ghosting as a consequence of not being able to maintain 90fps.

To be fair, I think that's still going to happen as an artifact of reprojection. It would be nice to be wrong, but I think this is a separate issue.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

We'll see.  I usually play with all of the motion smoothing disabled both in WMR and SteamVR, but even when I was trying all sorts of settings combinations including a locked 45 fps and motion smoothing I have always seen double of object's like trees and power lines.  Here's hoping.

On 7/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, Sr. said:

Dang it... I have been have similar issues with mine for a couple weeks now. Most times it simply freezes my computer(after starting WMR and right when SVR tries to launch), no mouse, no CTRl-AL-Del nothing. Only way I can get unstuck is power cycle the PC or the G2, SteamVr then reports it can't find my display. Then shut down, Steam, WMR,  vrmonitor and any thing else that launched.

Then start over. Sometimes it all launches as it should, sometimes it seems to launch, I even hear the audio switch to the headset, but when I put it on, no video. Then realize SteamVR errors out again.

Try again, and viola. Until the next time.

I have ripped and replaced SVR/WMR a few times, but the behavior comes back. And I already had applied the reg fix for the display issue.

Might try switching it back to 1 then back to 0 

Just received the Gen2 cable from HP.  The new one comes with an off/on switch.

Issue solved. :clap_2:

• Like 1

--Arthur C Clark

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

the team have found a issue with windows mixed reality when using it set to high performance in the windows mixed reality settings. 

It creates a situation where the left eye will see an object like a tree slightly before the right. 

We have a fix coming in the next open beta that resolves this issue. 

thank you

Great news. Wasn't even aware of that issue, but I'm on the G2 just for a couple of days so far. I hope you guys will check out the controller issues soon. I'd appreciate if I could use them like the Oculus ones.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
1 minute ago, Youda said:

@Burt Where do i find these settings? I cannot find it.

In stemVR open the windows mixed reality app you should see it. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2