KC-135 Drogue Basket - Missing Collision Model?

Yomo

DCS 2.5.1.16978 Update 1

Probe passes straight through the basket instead of being guided in to the connector.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if this has been fixed in this latest patch? Guess not. At least according to Release notes for AV8

Edited by Firebird1955

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Does anyone care to actually read the patchlog?

Update May 23, 2018

KNOWN ISSUE: KC-135 drogue positioning not correct.

• IR Maverick slew and lock updates
  • Stabilator indicator correction
  • Corrected water flowing on and off rapidly in Landing STO mode
  • Corrected MPCD glow not going off when MPCD goes off after being on
  • Corrected minor shake due to gear model when not moving with parking brake
  • Increase canopy open/close speed to match video references
  • Canopy open/close keyboard shortcut now automatically performs unlock handle
  • Corrected Radio COMM 2 not working in UFC mode
  • Corrected ARBS/DMT TDC bug.
  • IR/TV Mavs launch constrain keyhole is now active.
  • AGM-65Es are now active. Currently the missiles themselves are bugged in DCS but ED has fixed them. We'll post a video as soon as the fix is available.
  • MPCD behavior after firing a Maverick has been updated.
  • IR/TV Mavs axis slew is now active.
  • STRS Page WPN FAIL message bug is now fixed. (The bug appears when using mavericks).
  • Weapon AUTO (CCRP) release mode improved logic, cues, and accuracy
  • NVG Brightness control

It mentions the bug at the very top...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, why should it? The issue is mentioned in the Harrier change log as it applies to the Harrier.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On a funy note:

I found out by msitake while trying to have a Hornet AI to refuel to it, while he was refueling in empty space way above the basquet extracted down, i presumed after a few seconds it showed the refueling spot, which is where the basket is when the probe is retracted before pre-contact, as if the refueling spot just doesn'T drop folowing the basket on extracting, all that time looking at the AI i was saying « you damn stupid AI what are you doing » then relaised it was then way interlligent, refueling at the spot the baskquet gives fuel :P Again, AI made me look stupid :)

• 3 years later...

I think this bug still exists.  In the new Hormuz Freedom campaign (Mission 04), I tried multiple times to refuel with the KC-135.  I saw my probe going through the basket each time and never connecting to the fuel hose.  Can anyone else confirm you're having problems?  This is with latest OB version dropped today (April 6).  

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, Istari6 said:

Can anyone else confirm you're having problems? 

I can confirm that the issue exists in 2.8.5.40170 Open Beta MT

DCS World_20230521_122044_L.png

Edited by Pyrocumulous
add screenshot

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.