Vista Upgrade Nightmare

Well this is what I sort of expected from MS after reading a lot of the pre data that was floating around the web..

I started out with the idea of an XP build with the free upgrade to Vista after the release... But I don't think that this idea was fully supported By MS even though it was advertised..

To actually Upgrade XP you had to search the complete MS website just to be able to find the online order blank.. And this really took a while as I think they purposely buried the page ...

So after several hours of looking I finally found it. I had to go into a Techy forum, which provided a link...

So at this point I've spent over 300.00 USD for two operating systems and still don't have the Vista upgrade one 32 bit and one 64 Bit..

Now for the last 2 or 3 days on the Phone with MS and I've been sent to a lot off different offices, I've finally been able to talk to a few live people that are aware of the offer... And believe me they're not at all happy when you begin to ask them for information concerning this offer...

Well it appears that besides notifying them by email to order the upgrade you also have to send them a copy of the receipt from where you purchased the software and you also need to send them a copy of the contract and COA bar codes that was included with the packaging.. Wheeeew !!!!

And then you'll have to wait for the upgrade disks to come in the mail which apparently takes another 3 to 4 weeks for delivery...

And there's been a lot of unhappy employees that are giving out phone numbers for other companies that are supposedly affiliated with MS, and are contracted to sending out the Vista upgrade... And on at least 2 occasions I was asked by the affiliated company how I got there telephone number...

So this should be so easy but its turned out to be very hard indeed....

So I'm going to to install the 64 bit only my business computer and I'm going to wait for awhile longer and then I think I'll install the Ultimate version on my gameing computer....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I'm only planning on upgrading my older system for now.. So I'm not that concerned with losing XP there.. I just want to see what Vista is all about, although I'm almost positive that it s**k's ..

As far as my new System it's going to be a long time before I decide to upgrade this one....

But do you mean that, If say for example I need to do a reformat on my new System I wont be able to install XP even though I have the XP disk ????

If this is the case then I'm not sure how to proceed.. Maybe I'll just get the Vista 64.. and purchase Premium at a later date for the 32 bit system...

Lets see what happens as the ball is now in MS's court...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

yikes.. what in the blazes... (no pun intended :D ) is microshaft thinking?!!

Major barfage... :puke:

No wonder MS employees complain its not selling enough. I think it should be renamed to "Windows VISTA Ultimate-Insult-to-intelligence"

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

MS is the biggest (_x_) company in software business... they have the fxxxing monopoly and can do what ever they want... this Vista business is just a rip off... I hate Bill Gates's guts... he's a damn asshole... no wonder people use copies of O/S, just who's gonna be able to dig in deep into his pockets for every shit MS makes and what even worse, this Vista makes so many things you had already obsolete... just a very sneaky way of doing business... but in this society this is what matters the most... just making money... I hope when all these milionares die, take their money with them into grave... and lie with in joy.

There, I'm done with venting.

No longer active in DCS...

It doesnt make your things obsolete, it just inutelizes them.

My PC specs below:

Yeah... You guy's are spot on ... I still waiting for the reply from MS...

But Hey!!! maybe thats a good thing, and I'll just keep useing XP, and forget about Vista.....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Vista:

Blaze,

Your a brave soul migrating your business comp to the latest MS thingy.

I used to be up for OP Sys upgrades until last few years the intrusion into

my privicy is just getting to be to much.

I think nextGEN MS OP systems will require you to plug your BUTT into the internet along with your computer just to make sure your not trying to rip off poor little MS.

VISTA has alot of new restrictive protocals that make sharing or migrating your personal data difficult accross different OS's or software makers.

In other words MS wants full control of your work that is performed using MS OP SYS too dammed bad its your work they own it cus it's on the MS OP SYS.

Serious as a heartattack.

Best Regards,

Recommend: wait at least a YEAR before even considering MS VISTA !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

Blaze,

Your a brave soul migrating your business comp to the latest MS thingy.

I used to be up for OP Sys upgrades until last few years the intrusion into

my privicy is just getting to be to much.

I think nextGEN MS OP systems will require you to plug your BUTT into the internet along with your computer just to make sure your not trying to rip off poor little MS.

VISTA has alot of new restrictive protocals that make sharing or migrating your personal data difficult accross different OS's or software makers.

In other words MS wants full control of your work that is performed using MS OP SYS too dammed bad its your work they own it cus it's on the MS OP SYS.

Serious as a heartattack.

Best Regards,

Recommend: wait at least a YEAR before even considering MS VISTA !

Too late now but I just wonder what would have happened if no one went to Vista in the first place. For desktops. I think the notepads work ok but then again if your office is XP, come to think I don't think that really matters a whole lot. I guess my point is when we knew of all the intrusions that were in Vista we should have refused to purchase it. Would have been interesting to see what MS would have done then. I will be the old man on the block still plunking away with XP long after Vista if I can. Support or no. I have other protection and MS sucks anyway in that area.

muhahahaha.

Yes Vista will kidnap your parents and steal the family car too.:megalol:

The problems with vista are wildly overstated. I am dual booting with it right now on lan across multiple hardware platforms. Shaping up to be a fine gaming OS actually. I wish XP was this good so close after its launch. Some will wait of course but I find I am learning so much already working with this new OS it is well worth the effort. Crashes under Vista are extremely rare for me as well. Drivers are shaping up nicely all around. Really just waiting for creative to get their act together and things should be pretty good.

Out

muhahahaha.

Yes Vista will kidnap your parents and steal the family car too.:megalol:

The problems with vista are wildly overstated. I am dual booting with it right now on lan across multiple hardware platforms. Shaping up to be a fine gaming OS actually. I wish XP was this good so close after its launch. Some will wait of course but I find I am learning so much already working with this new OS it is well worth the effort. Crashes under Vista are extremely rare for me as well. Drivers are shaping up nicely all around. Really just waiting for creative to get their act together and things should be pretty good.

Out

I agree...but the past 2-3 weeks Ive spent around 2k on this laptop and peripherals that should be able to work with this OS. Try to find drivers for an mp3 player to attach to it, and try to find some drivers that will sync your cell phone with it too. Its good Ill give it that but till its up to par...Im highly thinking about formatting my hard drive and installing xp pro on this. But since Vista kidnaps your previous xp, I buy the thing I expect to KEEP the thing. Honestly I would never give up my xp software if I shell out 200 bucks for it, and another 300 for Ultimate just to have 1 OS.

@Hitman, u speak out of my soul. Vista (64) is a promising OS, but i spent nearly 3 days hunting for compatible drivers for my existing hardware (not only gaming gear) and it is still quite dodgy loosing my bluetooth keyboard all the time and having to run every single install allmost 3 times untill it works most times not even knowing why it works finally. If i should have to go through this for my clients, they could have bought theirselfes half Micro$ for the Money i would have cost them. For Privates who dont mind whether tis and that may run or not it is ok and has many noice gimmicks and really usefull things, but as it is now i would NEVER advise to use it for a business environment, especiallyif u r using software developped from smaller Companys for ur Work

So be warned !

S~

Brati

edit: Sorry, too drunk to correct my typo`s

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

I'm beginning to think your right... I don't know what's happen to my upgrade

Their really having some sever problems with their staff over at MS..

After several phone calls and e-mails, and even letters proving my purchase of the OEM software with an upgrade certificate I'm right where I started from..

And I'm beginning to think that this really is the best place to be for now..

I mean I have 3 goods systems one has the latest hardware, 2 are running windows XP pro and one XP Home....

So I'm just going to cross Vista off for now... I think that I finally did something right by buying the latest hardware... And getting the system up and running just weeks before I would have had to install Vista..

So I'm going to wait for awhile...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

You said it KUK...These MS employes are really condensending, on Mon. one of them aked me if I was haveing a good day, and when I told him that I was fine He said I'm sorry to hear that.... they're all a bunch of smart a**'s, in my book...

I think that I must have spoken to every department there is in the last 2 weeks....

There's is no customers service left in that Company...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

@Hitman, u speak out of my soul. Vista (64) is a promising OS, but i spent nearly 3 days hunting for compatible drivers for my existing hardware (not only gaming gear) and it is still quite dodgy loosing my bluetooth keyboard all the time and having to run every single install allmost 3 times untill it works most times not even knowing why it works finally. If i should have to go through this for my clients, they could have bought theirselfes half Micro$ for the Money i would have cost them. For Privates who dont mind whether tis and that may run or not it is ok and has many noice gimmicks and really usefull things, but as it is now i would NEVER advise to use it for a business environment, especiallyif u r using software developped from smaller Companys for ur Work

So be warned !

S~

Brati

edit: Sorry, too drunk to correct my typo`s

If I recall that's exactly what many said about XP when it was first released too.:P

Out

Anyone who switches to a new OS within a year of release is paying to be a beta tester. It was the case with XP, it's the case with Vista. If you're willing to put up with it, by all means go ahead.

Maybe, but I wouldn't call running Vista32 right now beta testing for MS, It would be much more accurate to call it beta testing for the companies who have yet to release stable drivers instead. It will be fine, really it will.:smilewink: It is even much better now then just a few short weeks ago. By an order of magnitude.

If your willing to put up with waiting a year by all means go ahead. I am sure there will be plenty of people like me around to help you out with answers to your questions about gaming under this new OS when you finally decide to take in the Vista. :joystick:

jk of course.

Out

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an e-mail from Microsoft stating that I didn't send them my order conformation yet...!@@##$%%%^

what a crock, I sent them several e-mails with the needed documents attached, I sent them hard copy documentation two weeks ago.. So today I sent them additional copies of the needed documentation thru the mail and I also included a complaint letter stating just how f****d up there staff is and apparently how little training they had on handling these issues...

So It looks as thought I'm not going to have both of my upgrades honored as promised ... Its probably just as well, I guess by waiting a little longer maybe the driver issues will become stabilized..

Although I'm not going to wait 1 year, I will most likely do this after LOBS is released...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Heres something you "might" be able to do: go to a computer resale department such as CompUSA and ask for a Windows Vista upgrade anytime disk and have them burn one for you. What I would do is just cancel your order and use this disk and follow the prompts to install Vista. This disk has all the vista compatible software on it all you do is they send you a download link via email, you go to this link, you download a simple script that allows you to use this cd, then after install you register it online and keep the cd code in a safe locker stored online. The upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Ultimate was only 150 or so dollars, if that.

This is the continuing Vista saga :lol:

I hadn't heard anything from Microsoft since the e-mail from last week...

So I thought I'd take the bull by the horns and give them a call this time..

I really wasn't looking forward to this because the last time I tried this I was on the phone for three hours and didn't really get anywhere..

But seeing as it was early in the day and I felt energetic, I was confident that I just might reach some kind of closure...

I called the Technical Upgrade Department in Indiana and finally reached a real person this time by going through the options menu..

I actually have 2 OS upgrades to upgrade, XP pro 32 and 64..

Well this time I reached some one that seem to be willing to help and I tried to be as nice as possible, I did want to alienate anyone at this point..

So after going through the whole world looking for my orders (and I'm serious about that) the orders just weren't there... This actually took about 40 mins to reach this point... The person at MS confided in me that they haven't even begun to ship any OEM's, so no one else has them either..

The women then said that she was going to have to resubmit the orders and would need to get the approval form her supervisor..

She then proceeded to contact him after which I was told that yes I can resubmit the orders...

I went into my other system and pulled up the Newegg invoices and read off the order dates... I then gave them the COA bar codes no's for each system along with my credit card information....

Now all I had to do then was send out copies of my Newegg reciepts along with the the MS order no printed at the top of the each sales reciept which I did..

Well I'm finally beginning to feel like this is actually going to happen...

Wheeeww..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I think some consumer organizations should step up and pull the years of bill gates, thats just malpractice, on top of that to suply the public with a paid beta software!

My PC specs below:

I'm not going to see these disks for the next 3 to 4 weeks anyway.. And by the time I get it installed it'll be even longer...

I'm not concerned with this anyway.. The plan is not going to actually install this on my gaming rig for some time yet... I'm just curious and want to get some first hand experience, so when I do think its time to run Lock On or BS or what ever comes after that,:lol: I'll have a better understanding of procedure...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Well guess what... i got an e-mail from MS yesterday informing me that 1 of the Vista business upgrades that I ordered was placed on B/O.. The expected delivery date was noted to be May 17 ... Well,Well thats actually my birthday.. I guess that's par for the course...

Now the Vista 64 bit wasn't listed as back ordered so just maybe I'll actually see this one soon ???

Anyway the 64 bit is the one that I'm actually looking for....

Anyway they told me last week that it would take about 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.. This is that worst customer service that I've ever seen...:dunno:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR