First World War planes?

harf4ng

Hi,

Now that we have modern era planes, world war 2 ones, and a WWII map, something interesting as well would be to get world war I planes, like the sopwith camel or the fokker.

This was the era of great aces. Funny though what we know mostly German ones, like the red baron. Or the famous himmelman who gives his name to a famous aerial maneuver current pilots still use.

The era of planes without great instruments and a focus of close dogfighting. Planes easy to understand but hard to master, with slow speed and a focus of good flying skills.

The kind of plane who can land and take-off from about anywhere. No need for a runway of some sort.

And no need for another map for that, the Normandy 1944 one will work.

The only flight sim I know of for this era is rise of flight. Though it is a bit old now and it does not support VR, so it is a no go for me.

That would be great to have such planes in DCS, so we could say DCS will handle all era planes.

Thanks... db1cd112b16934d04baf8dbb0a2590f4.jpg8f64cbb0b76279c6f00728eadd65fba0.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

I just read today that IL2 Flying Circus will be WW1 focussed, and will support VR. It’s the successor to RoF. Due out later this year.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Really that small map for rof flying circus? Unbelievable :)

Sure with the speed of those planes it could take time to cross the map, but...

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

The lack of flight test data slowed down progress on the DCS P-47, and that's a WW2 aircraft. For WW1 just about every scout is missing comprehensive flight test data. Don't even get me started on the German scouts and the flame wars that rage over French/British flight test data of captured aircraft. Rise of Flight was great, but for 6 years they had the Fokker Dr.I flying faster than the Albatros D.Va, among other foibles that no serious historian of WW1 would ever allow.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

But we still have first era planes flying now. Not a lot but a few, isn't it? Sure usually the engine is not the same. Or maybe those are planes from between the two wars...

I want a sopwith camel and I'll call myself snoopy. And I'll be shot down by the red baron... Sorry if you don't get it. This is a Belgium comic I think...

That's the biggest problem with these awesome birds, no data. Which sucks. Because I'd sell my effin' KIDNEYS to purchase verified and accurate renditions of these machines if they were available! Alas, no :cry:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I want a sopwith camel and I'll call myself snoopy. And I'll be shot down by the red baron... Sorry if you don't get it. This is a Belgium comic I think...

Peanuts n'est pas belge! :lol:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Peanuts n'est pas belge!
My bad, he is American :) a really great comic though :)

Hi,

Now that we have modern era planes, world war 2 ones, and a WWII map, something interesting as well would be to get world war I planes, like the sopwith camel or the fokker.

This was the era of great aces. Funny though what we know mostly German ones, like the red baron. Or the famous himmelman who gives his name to a famous aerial maneuver current pilots still use.

The era of planes without great instruments and a focus of close dogfighting. Planes easy to understand but hard to master, with slow speed and a focus of good flying skills.

The kind of plane who can land and take-off from about anywhere. No need for a runway of some sort.

And no need for another map for that, the Normandy 1944 one will work.

The only flight sim I know of for this era is rise of flight. Though it is a bit old now and it does not support VR, so it is a no go for me.

That would be great to have such planes in DCS, so we could say DCS will handle all era planes.

Thanks...

I think for a long time, the British pilots were kept anonymous, whereas the German Aces were celebrated for their work, in the German media.

I'd certainly love to explore the WW1 planes in DCS. Done properly, or at least as close as is possible, it would be an amazing experience.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

I want a sopwith camel and I'll call myself snoopy. And I'll be shot down by the red baron... Sorry if you don't get it. This is a Belgium comic I think..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190469&highlight=snoopy

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

want WWI go to http://www.overflandersfields.com it is the best WWI flight sim, good graphics, very good AI, very good campaign.
Never heard about this one. How old is this game? I guess no VR support? I need VR in a flight sim :)

want WWI go to http://www.overflandersfields.com it is the best WWI flight sim, good graphics, very good AI, very good campaign.

You can get a better flight model by painting a cardboard box like a WW1 scout, placing it in front of a fan, and then you sit in the box and make airplane/machine gun noises.

:pilotfly:

P.S. The lack of proper FFB makes it a serious let down for FFB users. That and the total recalcitrance from the devs to admit that there is anything wrong with FFB in their game.

Force feedback? There are people flying with a force feedback stick? There is about no force feedback stick on the market, they are all old, and high end sticks are not force feedback.

Indeed that would be great if high end stick manufacturers will make force feedback sticks :)

I think that where data is missing you would be safe to consult Historians and/or The Flying circus Aerodrome. Remember if there is no data then we cannot argue with the professionals and historical accounts.

I for one would love WW1. The planes would (I think) be easier to produce due to the simple technology. I have OFF and while very immersive the feel of flight and the visual effect is not what DCS would produce.

Force feedback? There are people flying with a force feedback stick? There is about no force feedback stick on the market, they are all old, and high end sticks are not force feedback.

Indeed that would be great if high end stick manufacturers will make force feedback sticks :)

Some of us still own an old MSFFB2 or Logitech G940. The old story about a lawsuit stopping the production of FFB sticks is a red herring. Right now you can purchase new FFB racing wheels, for example.

Indeed that is what I do not understand.

Any serious race simmer owns a force feedback wheels, they are the norm, and non force feedback wheels are just cheap low end gear.

For flight sim this is the opposite. There is no good force feedback stick, they are all old, and high end sticks are not force feedback.

There are only a few high end force feedback flight sim gears like some yokes, but they are very very expensive... :)

• 3 weeks later...