Question about TPOD

flo57100

• 5 months later...

I agree. The TPOD HUD Carrot not slaving to the INS designation is a PITA.... PITA PITA PITA ... and I don't mean the bread.

There is a somewhat bothersome workaround, and before any idiots start going crazy, I'm not asking for it to not be fixed, nor saying that it doesn't matter, I'm explaining a work-around. Take it, or leave it, I don't care, so don't tell me about how you don't like it, or how it's not a fix.

- Select EHSD on the left MPCD.

- Have your target-waypoint selected.

- Select DSGT (OSB 1) to box DSGT, which puts the diamond over the target-waypoint on the HUD.

- When you are within about 20 NM from the waypoint, press DATA (OSB 2), TDC is now slewing the diamond on the EHSD (which will not immediately be visible, bc it's in the air), but you should see your target-waypoint on the EHSD (circle with a dot in the center).

- Slew the diamond to over the circle until their dots are merged, and the diamond on the HUD will be exactly over the target-waypoint in the HUD.

- Press [DATA] (OSB 2) to un-box it.

Carry on your mission.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I agree. The TPOD HUD Carrot not slaving to the INS designation is a PITA.... PITA PITA PITA ... and I don't mean the bread.

There is a somewhat bothersome workaround, and before any idiots start going crazy, I'm not asking for it to not be fixed, nor saying that it doesn't matter, I'm explaining a work-around. Take it, or leave it, I don't care, so don't tell me about how you don't like it, or how it's not a fix.

- Select EHSD on the left MPCD.

- Have your target-waypoint selected.

- Select DSGT (OSB 1) to box DSGT, which puts the diamond over the target-waypoint on the HUD.

- When you are within about 20 NM from the waypoint, press DATA (OSB 2), TDC is now slewing the diamond on the EHSD (which will not immediately be visible, bc it's in the air), but you should see your target-waypoint on the EHSD (circle with a dot in the center).

- Slew the diamond to over the circle until their dots are merged, and the diamond on the HUD will be exactly over the target-waypoint in the HUD.

- Press [DATA] (OSB 2) to un-box it.

Carry on your mission.

So your slewing tpod to diamond on moving map? That’s a good idea

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

I don't Like it. It's not a fix.

:cry_2:

:furious:

:badmood:

But good work around.

:P

God, I feel so manipulated....

:D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I don't Like it. It's not a fix.

But good work around.

One other "put the thing on the thing" work around I use:

If you are approaching the target area, lets say 10-15 miles and you are high enough to "see" the target area. Use DESG to get the target designated in A/G mode (diamond on hud). then "fly" the TGP box onto/into the diamond, and slew the pod one direction a tiny bit, and you are basically locked dead on. This only works if there is no occlusion between you and the target, otherwise the pod locks onto whatever ground is in-between you and the waypoint.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

TPOD Slave mode needs rework. I don't have enough time to do that at this moment since I am working on finishing the INS.

This is how developers communicate. They can state that something needs fixing, but they don't have time because they have other part to finish.

Doesn't show anything else than dedication and understandable priorities.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This is what I do. It's about as good as I can think of.

I don't know how the real plane works. I just find it difficult to understand how it's so unintuitive compared to the A-10C. I'm wary of complaining of something with no reference to the real thing, but something in me nags that there's so many issues with how the sensors work as if designed with no thought at all for usability that gets me suspicious that there's things not working as they should, in unreasonably complex or odd ways.

One other "put the thing on the thing" work around I use:

If you are approaching the target area, lets say 10-15 miles and you are high enough to "see" the target area. Use DESG to get the target designated in A/G mode (diamond on hud). then "fly" the TGP box onto/into the diamond, and slew the pod one direction a tiny bit, and you are basically locked dead on. This only works if there is no occlusion between you and the target, otherwise the pod locks onto whatever ground is in-between you and the waypoint.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hello fellow Harrier drivers,

A question, now it is possible to designate a waypoint as a target point, and when active, the DMT directly looks at this target point. Is it possible to do the same with the TPOD, to make it look directly to my target point when it's out of standby mode ?

SIMPLE NO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. THE TPOD IS ONE BIG BUG HANGING UNDER YOUR PLANE.

A question, now it is possible to designate a waypoint as a target point, and when active, the DMT directly looks at this target point.

Yes.

Press DSEG on the EHSD page.

Is it possible to do the same with the TPOD, to make it look directly to my target point when it's out of standby mode ?

No.

It's a bug, initially (STBY --> STBY) in Slave mode, the TPOD should slave to the designated target point, if one exists i.e. via EHSD, DMT-TV, DMT-LST, etc.

The TPOD can then 'sweeten' the target point i.e. TDC slew will update/move the target point, while the TPOD is slaved/linked to it.

In DCS, the correct TP co-ordinates appear, but the TPOD remains bore sighted rather than performing the initial slew to the target point.

The Slave bug has been reported and there's been some work done (it was reported as fixed) but it's obviously WIP as the TPOD fails to perform the initial sensor slew to the target point.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080