Which version of DCS will the hornet come out on?

NineGzuz

So if someone wants to play on release day they will need the beta version of DCS installed?

Yes, non steam version. It will then go to regular 2.5.* and then steam after that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi

It has not been released yet,

a press release build has been made available for press and youtubers to help market the hornet.

A public early access will be coming soon

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I hope ED see the problem this creates and release it to all variants simultaneously.

Everything is always released to beta first. That is not going to change so that you don't have to download the beta version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you think about it, releasing to beta makes sense with the hornet; they're releasing not just the module but are also rolling out changes to dcs world that were implemented to make the hornet possible. don't want to break the sim for others that aren't interested in the hornet.

so i don't have to install beta seperately? don't think i have the hdd space for that.

Yes, you don't need to install it seperately. You can just switch your current DCS installation to the open beta by running the DCS Updater with the following command: DCS_Updater update @openbeta

More info on how to do that can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I only have a single installation of DCS on my PC and switch between open beta and stable release regularly, because it's so simple and easy to do.

Edit: Sniped by Lieuie :gun_sniper:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

so i don't have to install beta seperately? don't think i have the hdd space for that.

No need this, You can switch between RC and OB easly (the same path, the same folders), see this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

With Win10 You can use PowerShell for this (shift+left mouse on bin folder).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

With Win10 You can use PowerShell for this (shift+left mouse on bin folder).

I would recommend not to use PowerShell and stick to the command prompt, even with Windows 10, because PowerShell requires a slightly different syntax, which just is confusing without providing any benefits.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really? It will release in the beta DCS? I was hoping that this "have a separate installation of DCS for every new module" business was finally over when 2.5 got released. I understand that the F18 will be early access version which is essentially a beta but at the same time I am not necessarily interested in running beta of the sim as well. I'd like to have somewhat stable sim for my F18. That and I don't want to have another installation of DCS again. I hope the it gets released on the stable branch of the sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

whats the point of beta then if you just release it straight onto stable?

dont call things "problems" just because they dont go your way.

DCS Open Beta should be all about the DCS core and not the modules.

Each module should be separated betas that gets released on Stable and that is where the testing happens on each individual module. Once the module is stable, it should be marked as stable.

Not so that module sits 2-3 years in beta and so on in Open Beta and Stable users don't get anything.

The Open Beta should be quick branch for those who want to live on edge, get their updates every day if something gets broken or not. Test new things and reverse etc. That is what Open Beta testers should be doing, testing and reporting things.

While quick periodic manner the Open Beta features gets pushed to Stable line.

The current situation is that you should NOT be in stable branch unless you want to lock yourself to 2-3 year offline use without a single update between that.

Meaning, install the Stable, install the modules you have available for stable and pull a plug for 2-3 years as you are not going to see any Early Access, no beta versions nor anything new things that weekly/monthly newsletters talk about. And just accept that you are a second tier.

A beta stage module shouldn't require beta DCS world. If the beta module requires some features that Stable doesn't have, then that module update needs to wait release until Stable gets the required features.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Guest Guest
As has been said multiple times before: It is super easy to just switch between stable release and open beta. There is really no need for a second installation!

I was trying to switch my 2.5.0 release to 2.5.1 open beta using the Skatezilla instructions. I messed around with it for an hour and a half. The dcs updater wound up telling me that the 2.5.1.xxxxx update was unavailable. I continued to bang my head against the wall trying to download the beta through command prompt with the same results for some time.

I had the space on my C drive so I eventually wound up with a release and a open beta install.

I was trying to switch my 2.5.0 release to 2.5.1 open beta using the Skatezilla instructions. I messed around with it for an hour and a half. The dcs updater wound up telling me that the 2.5.1.xxxxx update was unavailable. I continued to bang my head against the wall trying to download the beta through command prompt with the same results for some time.

Precisely what I think will be the problem for many users and will also affect the bug reporting forums.

I had the space on my C drive so I eventually wound up with a release and a open beta install.

Switching from Stable Release to Open Beta is nothing more than just opening the command prompt in ...\DCS World\bin and execute DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta

If that didn't work you either did something wrong or your installation is corrupted. If you can tell us what exactly you tried step by step, I probably can tell you what went wrong there?

That's bull since they posted on the early access module purchase it would be available for 2.5 no mention of BETA. False advertising.

This comment is retarded on so many levels, I don't even know where to start...

I will try to address you misconception anyways:

1) The beta is running on 2.5, so the statement that the Hornet will be available for 2.5 is still true then!

2) The Hornet early access will be available for the Stable Release. Maybe a few weeks after the beta, but eventually it will be, so the cited statement will also be true in this regard.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

I Will tell you how this will happen, and how ALL MODULES will be released, and how it's been since December 2013 .

Nothing NEW will ever just be released Directly to the Release Branch.

F/A-18C Will Release as Early Access on the Open Beta Branch First.

Once The Open Beta Build is in a State that is considered stable, that Version will migrate to Release Branch,

This is Affected by DCS WORLD as a Whole, not just release State of the Hornet.

As there are many things being added to DCS World not just the Hornet.

Once The Hornet is Feature Complete or Close to it, it will Be added to Steam Store.

So, if you want the Hornet on DAY 1, then DCS Open Beta is what you will need.

You can Easily Convert to From Release to Open Beta (and Back Again), using Command Line Instructions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

If you do NOT want to use CommandLines, or having problems doing so, there's a 3rd party GUI Here, that makes it Easy as Clicking a Button:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Outside of that, There's no point in debating any further about which branch it will come out first on and why.

If you don't want to run OpenBeta Branch, that's entirely your decision, you will have to wait for the new DCS World Build w/ the Hornet to be deemed Stable and Moved to the Release Branch.

That being Said, the Question has been Answered, and there's no need for a continued debate, thread will remain closed.

//Closed

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs