Sun is blinding!

Ramstein

Sun is extremely blinding, not sure about window tint, have to find tinted visors... very hard time seeing in blinding light in cockpit from the sun. Anyone else? :doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

IRL I flew everyday for years from E to W in the evenings and W to E in the mornings. Properly simulated 3/4 of all day flights you would not see anything and especially now mostly smog,haze and pollution. I use to cheer when in ifr or the brief pleasure of busting through a big cloud.

Edited by JIMJAM

Where does the sun go at night?

IIRC this has something to do with the rotation of the earth. You can read up on it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_rotation

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

well, down low, it can be very bright in say the desert.... or snow... otherwise, up at the very high altitudes (real life), very bright... but need sun visor now! it really brighter than it was... at least it sure looks brighter...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

IIRC this has something to do with the rotation of the earth. You can read up on it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_rotation

How come we don't get dizzy if the Earth is spinning!?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Where does the sun go at night?

The sun God has contracted a trucking firm to drive it back around the other side of the world by breakfast.

It's expensive, because in Norway at the moment they only have 4 hours to get there, so they get a lot of speeding tickets.

How come we don't get dizzy if the Earth is spinning!?

People don't generally get dizzy turning around one full circle in a day.

Some people do find the whole concept makes them dizzy, but that's actually because their brains are already spinning just trying to work out which way is up.

My question would be - on all those flat earth globes, it's twice as far from Auckland to Chile as it is from Auckland to Alaska, but it takes 22 hours to fly from Auckland to Alaska, and only 11hours to fly Auckland - Chile ???

Hypersonic chem-trail laying public transport ???

flat%2Bearth%2Bmap%2Bby%2Bpras%2Bori.jpg

Cheers.

My question would be - on all those flat earth globes, it's twice as far from Auckland to Chile as it is from Auckland to Alaska, but it takes 22 hours to fly from Auckland to Alaska, and only 11hours to fly Auckland - Chile ???

Hypersonic chem-trail laying public transport ???

They use that Norwegian trucking company to get them to the other side?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

My question would be - how come on all those flat earth globes, it's twice as far from Auckland to Chile as it is from Auckland to Alaska, but it takes 22 hours to fly from Auckland to Alaska, and only 11hours to fly Auckland - Chile ???

I think I worked it out how you could get it to work. :)

if you imagine putting a drawstring around that white bit around the outside that keeps the water from falling off, and you pull it tight so that it's all draw together into a single point, then all the travel times and distance things make sense.

Except all the water would fall off. :(

But - I remember getting taught in high school about this guy Cavendish who discovered back in 1797 that if you got a really big metal ball, it would have its own gravitational field and attract nearby objects.

Maybe you could put like a huge metal ball in the middle of the wrapped around map skin - or maybe a big enough metal metal core, wrapped in a whole lot of rock - something about the size of one of those planet things - that would create enough gravity to attract everything towards the middle, and the water wouldn't fall off ? :)

But some guy walked across the whole earth with a spirit level and apparently it's all flat, so I must be wrong. :(

It wasn't that guy that tried to check for curvature of the earth by building a steam powered rocket to launch himself about half as high as a tall building was it ?

:) :)

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

I fly in the evenings - night time sorties only - in VR - while wearing sunglasses - in a dark room.

I wasn't even aware Eagle Dynamics replicated the sun in DCS. But if I did, I would have decreased the monitor's contrast or turned off deferred shading if it was blinding.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S