Axis for TPOD and DMT

Deano87

Hey all,

I recently purchased one of Deltaalphalima1's Warthog slew upgrades LINK

And It's been working flawlessly on the A-10C. I tried it last night on the AV8B (current build Open Beta) and here are a few things I noticed.

TPOD = Axis slew works great for any vertical movement but more often than not doesn't work for horizontal movement. Sometimes It works but it usually requires some vertical component to get it to move. If I push slightly up whilst pushing side ways it will move horizontally but If I push directly horizontal it usually refuses to move.

DMT = The DMT really refuses to play ball at all with Axis control. If I slew using a button hat switch then it works as expected, Boresighted until I move it.. at which point it "locks" onto the ground until I press the nosewheel steering button and it pops back to boresight. With Axis control it seems to slew fine until I release the axis at which point it resets back to boresight without ever staying locked onto the ground.

Anyway, Thats all I noticed thus far.

D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Hey all,

I recently purchased one of Deltaalphalima1's Warthog slew upgrades LINK

And It's been working flawlessly on the A-10C. I tried it last night on the AV8B (current build Open Beta) and here are a few things I noticed.

TPOD = Axis slew works great for any vertical movement but more often than not doesn't work for horizontal movement. Sometimes It works but it usually requires some vertical component to get it to move. If I push slightly up whilst pushing side ways it will move horizontally but If I push directly horizontal it usually refuses to move.

DMT = The DMT really refuses to play ball at all with Axis control. If I slew using a button hat switch then it works as expected, Boresighted until I move it.. at which point it "locks" onto the ground until I press the nosewheel steering button and it pops back to boresight. With Axis control it seems to slew fine until I release the axis at which point it resets back to boresight without ever staying locked onto the ground.

Anyway, Thats all I noticed thus far.

D

I believe that there is still issues with the DMT/TGP cursor axis control programming in the DCS controls assign. I myself use the X55 throttle and created my own profile in the MadCatz software to enable using the mouse nipple on the throttle as my slew controls.

Not an issue for anybody else?

It's an issue for everyone else, you're just late to the party. :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I can slew the tdc/tgp finde with the 4 Buttons but with the axis it jumps really strange around. I can slew to a point but if i want to move it again it jumps back to boresight and then its stuck until i undesignate and move it with the fpm on the ground. This goes on and on.

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

Not an issue for anybody else?

Yup same here. works really weirdly with axis.

linked thread seems outdated compared to this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3464605&postcount=8

"DMT axis control enabled"

or lately:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3493113&postcount=10

"IR/TV Mavs axis slew is now active. "

or are we talking about different things :huh: