Mission 3 - Cargo always destroyed(DCS 2.5.1)

rge75

Does this happend to the other, too? No matter how smooth I deploy the cargo, I always get the message "***Mission failed. Cargo is destroyed". Is isn't damaged though - the cargo looks ok as seen in the screenshot (I also have a video that shows how smooth I deployed it). The mission also can be continued without problem and you still get 100 points.

Maybe the trigger simply isn't correct there?

message.thumb.JPG.cae31aff02a4b1f65a798dbcfa047bc9.JPG

cargo.thumb.JPG.c7c07821ec65ef5352826905f2093780.JPG

I can back this up. Same exact situation for me.

...I'm just glad it doesn't prevent you from successfully completing the mission!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Does this happend to the other, too? No matter how smooth I deploy the cargo, I always get the message "***Mission failed. Cargo is destroyed". Is isn't damaged though - the cargo looks ok as seen in the screenshot (I also have a video that shows how smooth I deployed it). The mission also can be continued without problem and you still get 100 points.

Maybe the trigger simply isn't correct there?

Hello Rge75 first I would like to thank you for your videos on YouTube, they are really awesome especially in 2.5. Also I would like to thank you for your feedback.

As you are aware of dcs 2.5 had many problems with the cargos and we had to make a few changes in order to make the mission playable.

Due to the weight of the cargo it is really difficult to land it safely and for this reason we didn’t want the mission to fail in case of a damaged cargo.

I am happy that you were able to continue the mission and make a safe landing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Thank you. I'm glad you like them :-)

Yeah, I thought that reducing the rope lenght probably only is a "work around" and that sling load still may not work perfectly.

So this means the cargo realy is destroyed even though it's not visible in DCS(normally the damaged cargo is "broken" on the ground)? As it can be seen in the video, the damage doesn't look broken at all though.

I suppose sling load will still be developed within the future ;-) Since Argo has quite some sling load missions, it will be interesting to see how they will work.

Thank you. I'm glad you like them :-)

Yeah, I thought that reducing the rope lenght probably only is a "work around" and that sling load still may not work perfectly.

So this means the cargo realy is destroyed even though it's not visible in DCS(normally the damaged cargo is "broken" on the ground)? As it can be seen in the video, the damage doesn't look broken at all though.

I suppose sling load will still be developed within the future ;-) Since Argo has quite some sling load missions, it will be interesting to see how they will work.

Unfortunately when ever there is an update in 2,5 we have to run tests in order to determine whether the campaign is playable.

As you can imagine this is really difficult and time consuming for us since our time is very limited.

We want the campaign to be playable without any problems.

But I really enjoy flying the Huey in the Caucasus. The scenery is awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Yes, I can imagine. Maybe it would make sense to change the message text though. Currently it says "*** Mission failed - Return to briefing room", therefore player might think they cannot continue the mission.

Changing it to something like "they won't be pleased about the destroyed cargo" or "oh damn, couldn't you pay more attention?" without saying "Mission failed" would be a better solution IMO.

And yeah, I fully agree on the Caucasus scenery :-)

• 4 years later...

I can't unload those artillery rounds without a fail and a return to base message even when the sling load looks just fine on the ground unhooked.  Unable to proceed with the mission.  DCS 2.7.14.24228 Open Beta

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 5820, Gskill 32 GB DDR4 3000, 2X EVGA GTX970 SC in SLI, Crucial 256 SSD, WD 1.5 TB HD, MSI X99A SLI Plus Mobo, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Obutto R3volution with Acer triple monitor setup (5760x1080), Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound, Buttkicker LFE

• 6 months later...

I think that using the built-in DCS system to detect damage is not the best idea here. The cargo might be "damaged" as far as the sim is concerned, but in reality, artillery ammo can take a bump like that without problems. At most, display a snarky message to the tune of "still handled less roughly than if we mailed them". Honestly, sling loading is not typically not used to carry eggs and wine glasses IRL, not without a lot of bubble wrap, anyway. 

• Like 1