BlackShark AI request

In the mission editor, it would be really nice if you had some extra AI settings for each unit.

For example:

if I have a bomber/multirole fighter, I would like the following options:

If enemy plane detected:

a) bug out (go home)

b) engage

c) go to next waypoint

d) ignore

e) evade, then press in with attack

If enemy air defenses detected:

a) bug out (go home)

b) go to next waypoint

c) ignore, or fly higher (dont dump ordinance)

d) try to attack from different angle

Currently, the AI totally loses their mind, when they encounter AAA or enemy air, and it makes it very difficult to plan missions that will work.

Looking forward to the game regardless.

Cheers,

LP

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Ya, thout would help alot. right now, like you said, they drop everything and run away, or kinda engage, or, like you said, just lose their mind.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I've heard rumors that the AI was being worked on, but there has been no official word that this will actually make LOBS or not...

I really hope that it does as I fly primarily offline and would really like to see this happen...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I've heard rumors that the AI was being worked on, but there has been no official word that this will actually make LOBS or not...

I really hope that it does as I fly primarily offline and would really like to see this happen...

Fixed-wing AI improvements are not on the feature list for LOBS. That might change by the time of LOBS's release, as there are people on the team who feel that this should be given much attention. However, given the scope of the LOBS add-on currently, I can say that personally, I think the chance of any significant change to the fixed wing AI to make them behave better than previous iterations of LOMAC are slim to nil.

sigzk5.jpg

If that's the case so be it... Anyway I'm hoping that the next project will be out of the door a lot faster then were experiencing with BS.

After all I think the real hold up here was the commercial release having to take a back seat to the National Guard...

And the AFM structure should be in place for future applications..

Although I do seem to remember one of the developers mentioning that the AI avionics were actually going to be simulated closer to the way that the flyables are presently being modeled...

So if it doesn't happen now we have that to look forward to anyway....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Although I do seem to remember one of the developers mentioning that the AI avionics were actually going to be simulated closer to the way that the flyables are presently being modeled...

Not the avionics - the AI FM. The aircraft themselves are gonna "fly" more like the SFM birds, but the AI pilots (e.g. behavior) are still the same.

sigzk5.jpg

My biggest pet peeve with the AI is the fact that they cannot manage their fuel properly. They will maintain afterburner to the point of no-return, running out of fuel and calling bingo at the most inoportune times. You cannot utilize AI wingman in any kind of formation spread out due to the fact that they burn up the fuel just getting into proper position. Forget about long range missions involving them.:megalol: :cry:

My biggest pet peeve with the AI is the fact that they cannot manage their fuel properly. They will maintain afterburner to the point of no-return, running out of fuel and calling bingo at the most inoportune times. You cannot utilize AI wingman in any kind of formation spread out due to the fact that they burn up the fuel just getting into proper position. Forget about long range missions involving them.:megalol: :cry:

Actually, the key is to form up with them, rather than waiting for them to form up with you. Turn towards your wingman, then roll one or two miles in front of him so he's sitting on your six, and cut speed back to 600 kmph.

He won't even need to use AB to reform.

sigzk5.jpg

Actually, the key is to form up with them, rather than waiting for them to form up with you. Turn towards your wingman, then roll one or two miles in front of him so he's sitting on your six, and cut speed back to 600 kmph.

He won't even need to use AB to reform.

I'll guess this incompetence is the artificial part in AI.

After all these years with Flanker 1.x, 2.x and Lomac and what do i

know how many patches and addons the AI-pilots can't even fly

to formation (with acceptable fuel management)? That's lousy.

But the graphics are great!

I'll guess this incompetence is the artificial part in AI.

After all these years with Flanker 1.x, 2.x and Lomac and what do i

know how many patches and addons the AI-pilots can't even fly

to formation (with acceptable fuel management)? That's lousy.

But the graphics are great!

Well, technically, this isn't completely unrealistic. If you're not doing anything to help your AI wingman re-form, then he has to use AB to catch up. If you're both on full military thrust, there's no way he can catch up.

In any case, there are bigger things to deal with with regards to AI. I wish re-formation was the only problem.

sigzk5.jpg

Well, technically, this isn't completely unrealistic. If you're not doing anything to help your AI wingman re-form, then he has to use AB to catch up. If you're both on full military thrust, there's no way he can catch up.

In any case, there are bigger things to deal with with regards to AI. I wish re-formation was the only problem.

Just fly 80% throttle and the dummies are in formation in no time.

Geez, lead flight forming up on wingies - nuts!

It's a shame that it's not in the priority list. It's the AI that always turns me down when I fly in LO. And I surely don't want to wait another 4 years to get it "fixed".

Well, i remember all the upset with the online flights when Lomac came out

(cause of lag and warping etc). It was said that 80-90% play offline.

Now, if you believe that, why is AI so ... dumb?

Yes the reason for your wing men are running out of fuel isn't an AI fault entirely...

I remember flying in IL2 and keeping the throttle pushed forward for most of the flight and having your wing man never catch up with you..

And since the Flanker days I've developed a very good habit of circling the field at about 250 to 350 KPH until all of my squadron becomes air born... And still with the throttle set to low speed give the command to go wall.. And when were all joined up.. continue the mission..

This works pretty well but its not fool proof...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Ya, that's probobly the correct way in RL too.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices