Scenery Remove Objects Zone

crazyeddie

This facility appears to be broken. If you place a zone on the map and select to remove just the objects the trees are also being removed, but not always, it appears to be very random.

Even if you select a very small zone (10-15m) the trees close by (20m away) are being removed in many instances, there does not appear to be any consistency in the problem.

The missions I am having problems with were set up set up in previous versions of 2.5, I don't know if that has something to do with it.

An example: The ugly Restaurant building at Batumi. I set a remove objects trigger at the game start to remove it, a very small trigger set over the buildings, and set it to remove the object only, NOT the tress. The game is now removing all the trees in and around that building as well, and nothing I do appears to change that.

The ALT and MAP images below clearly show there should be trees near to the building, and the trigger should not affect those, but they are being removed.

Screen_180518_094609.thumb.png.2d8f139c01eb2b94f62120781164055a.png

Screen_180518_094613.thumb.png.f91b0880dd0c955e43ce1383a4ea5db5.png

Edited by crazyeddie

Trying to identify what is causing this:

If you remove a scenery object with this facility and replace that object with another object from the in game scenery, or even 3rd party developers scenery, the issue persists, so its not other objects.

Tried reducing the remove zone size to the minimum, that still removes trees many meters away.

Tried removing all the objects in that area with minimal zones, all trees are being removed close by.

So, Its the Trigger Zones that are causing the problem, not the map, map objects or replacement objects.

Anyone else finding other issues with trigger zones.

Anybody from DCS got any ideas how to fix this ?

• ED Team

Hi Eddie

it seems to be working for me, can you attach an example .miz showing it so I can reproduce. thanks

it may be related to a specific model

Screen_180519_105351.thumb.jpg.66f2d59892554b27d0bf2a694962a19c.jpg

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

it maybe that some tress are linked to map objects, but I will need to ask.

Most likely Monday, the team are very busy at the moment.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

This issue is still there, any chance it will be resolved, I find it a bit annoying after so much work to deconstruct then reconstruct several airfields to my own Map Mod requirements, which I will have to do again if its a permanent feature.

• 2 months later...

Still no resolution to this problem, is it going to be overlooked permanently or will it be fixed ?

My reason for asking is simply that if its not going to be fixed then I will attempt to change my maps to accommodate the missing trees, but I really don't want to do that then find its been fixed and have to undo it again.