can not keep sensor select switches bound or working

Byeohazard

I noticed tha HOTASt sensor select forward shares a default bind with Communications: Request AWACS home airbase (Left Windows Key U)

HOTAS sensor select Left shares a default bind with Communications: Join Up formation (L windows y)

If I clear the communications bindings and use the enter default button to enter the binds into the sensor select forward and sensor select Left my sensor selects work until I restart the game. Once I do so my sensor select switches are red in the control options and nothing short of rebuilding the av8B input file fixes it...of course after flying its messed up again.

I've been banging my head around this for a while (even did a full reinstall). Is it a known issue or are there any fixes?

Thanks for any information.

I had previously tried assigning non default binds to the sensor selectors but I believe I tried after I had the red fields in an effort to fix it. I just tried a fresh input file and made my changes to sensor select entering non default without deleting the the defaults I mentioned above in communications. Seems like they need to stay or things go south. So far so good.

Edited by Byeohazard

Odd no one else is reporting this. System specific maybe? I am happy that I got the sensor select stuff working however I checked today and it appears Request AWACS and join up formation are red now.....not too worried about them as I'd much rather have my sensor selects working..small price to pay.

When I say red I probably mean grayed out...I am color blind.

Edited by Byeohazard
crappy double keying Thermaltake mech. KB

I can not make the Sensor forward work. I removed the AWACS communication designation LWin + U but the Sensor Forward Command remains "greyed out" and I can not find a way to get around this problem.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I tried that it did not work so finally (i'm getting old) I remember that I could just delete the Keyboard settings for the Harrier in Saved Games. Rebooted DCS and it now works :D Its tough getting old :P

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...

Reviving a 2 year old thread

==================

Playing DCS on Stable, and having this same issue today.

Found out that Sensor Select Fwd(LWin + U) is bound to the Comms: Request AWACS home base (LWin + U), from this post. Deleted the Comms bind.

It is now working fine. It is quite surprising the same issue is existing for the last 2years.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

• 4 weeks later...

Trigger:Fire Gun & Bomb Pickle:Release Bombs Not WORKING intermittent

Same issue here also :helpsmilie: but I have manage to fix the Sensor select FWD and Sensor select LEFT and Sensor select DOWN for good by changing the keys their keys to LCtrl+Q and LShift+Q etc.

But the one bug I can't fix is the bugs related with communication even if you change the keys delete the joystick folder in SaveGames and run repair it remains red?? very odd?? I also have an issue with Trigger:Fire Gun/Launch Sidewinder, Sidearm and with Bomb Pickle:release bombs/Launch Rockets,Mavericks keys they stop and start working sometimes they don not work all I have to start the the training miz again and they work but if I aim at anything they stop work again

At first thought was the mods or training miz but after one week of research and checks and many installs it happen to be just the Harrier has lots of bugs on every DCS update now I can't fire or launch any Rockets, Maverick or bombs or even use the machine gun and then it starts to fire again and then stops intermittent but unlike the issue underline I can see any issues with the mapped keys

I noticed tha HOTASt sensor select forward shares a default bind with Communications: Request AWACS home airbase (Left Windows Key U)

HOTAS sensor select Left shares a default bind with Communications: Join Up formation (L windows y)

If I clear the communications bindings and use the enter default button to enter the binds into the sensor select forward and sensor select Left my sensor selects work until I restart the game. Once I do so my sensor select switches are red in the control options and nothing short of rebuilding the av8B input file fixes it...of course after flying its messed up again.

I've been banging my head around this for a while (even did a full reinstall). Is it a known issue or are there any fixes?

Thanks for any information.

I had previously tried assigning non default binds to the sensor selectors but I believe I tried after I had the red fields in an effort to fix it. I just tried a fresh input file and made my changes to sensor select entering non default without deleting the the defaults I mentioned above in communications. Seems like they need to stay or things go south. So far so good.

I have fixed sensor select forward and Left by changing their keys binds to something else which not been used for example: for Sensor FWD I used : LCtrl + Q and for Sensor LEFT I used: LShift + Q But before you change them you need first to go to saved game folder C:\Users\Frank\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input and cut AV8BNA folder and paste it to desktop for later use.

Now go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World and double click on the repair DCS world ...you also can find the repair DCS pinned on your windows start menu, anyways.... when the repair finish, Start DCS game, once the game launches we need to import back your Hotas keys binds we cut form GameSave folder from desktop therefore, go to your game controller options/Controls/Select category you want to import first lets say I.E "stick" by clicking anywhere on that category/Load profile/ tick folder browser then it will show you more options like C: drive then navigate to your desktop C:Users>Frank>Desktop you should see your AV-8BNA folder inside you should see Joystick and keyboard but first select joystick you will see your binds to upload click on stick first and press ok then come back and click on the Throttle and press ok

If required you can also import keyboard if you have customs keys already by selecting keyboard category navigate to the keyboard folder/binds/click ok

Now You can rename the keys sensors keys they will not brake again unless you get another update which means you will have to do all again

Search for Sensor select FWD by just typing "sel" you will see all the sensor bindings keys and change them Sensor FWD: LCtrl + Q & Sensor LEFT: LShift + Q

:pilotfly:

I can not make the Sensor forward work. I removed the AWACS communication designation LWin + U but the Sensor Forward Command remains "greyed out" and I can not find a way to get around this problem.

Follow my instructions you will fix it I have posted below

Odd no one else is reporting this. System specific maybe? I am happy that I got the sensor select stuff working however I checked today and it appears Request AWACS and join up formation are red now.....not too worried about them as I'd much rather have my sensor selects working..small price to pay.

When I say red I probably mean grayed out...I am color blind.

Because they share the same key but only one can be used then the game makes a decision which one to turn off as it happens in some people cases the game chose to turn off Request AWACS and RTB but people do not use this keys often anyways so no one cares but on our case the system decided to turn off both unlucky

The point it is a bug that needs fixing