F-18 flight stick(?)

Is there a flight stick out there that is closer to the real one used in the F-18C then the warthog?

Thrustmaster announced one last year at E3; they have been quiet ever since.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Looking at the price of those, unless you are really serious and rich, you might want to await next month's E3, to see if TM have been working on an F18 HOTAS and have just been very secretive about it.

If they are going to launch one, it probably won't be cheap, but it is unlikely to be as expensive as those "professional simulations" ones that @Coolcat has kindly linked, especially if they just launch a joystick grip, as an alternative to the A10 grip, that the Warthog HOTAS comes with.

Looking at the price of those, unless you are really serious and rich, you might want to await next month's E3, to see if TM have been working on an F18 HOTAS and have just been very secretive about it.

If they are going to launch one, it probably won't be cheap, but it is unlikely to be as expensive as those "professional simulations" ones that @Coolcat has kindly linked, especially if they just launch a joystick grip, as an alternative to the A10 grip, that the Warthog HOTAS comes with.

Don't have to be rich for that, just serious as you say. I know guys that have spent $2000-4000 on racing gear for cars stuff that are far from rich. they just save up for it. I also have a buddy who is far from rich also and spent $8000 worth of stuff for a f16 cockpit for falcon over time. just takes time and the ability to save.

Hello guys

I need some thoughts and advice on these ideas:

I am wondering if it is possible to use HOTAS with different models of a throttle grip and flightstick.

Say I want to use the Thrustmaster T.16000M Throttle grip and a warthog flightstick.

Or a CH throttle grip and warthog flightstick.

I really like the Thrustmaster T.16000M Throttle(simple and light) compare with the Warthog throttle grip .

I currently have a Saitek X52 but I feel design is not realistically in tuned with sims like the DCS FA-18C and the DCS A-10C or any combat jet sim for that matter.

I would happy to know your thoughts

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I am wondering if it is possible to use HOTAS with different models of a throttle grip and flightstick.

Say I want to use the Thrustmaster T.16000M Throttle grip and a warthog flightstick.

Or a CH throttle grip and warthog flightstick.

I really like the Thrustmaster T.16000M Throttle(simple and light) compare with the Warthog throttle grip .

If the controller work standalone - has their own USB connection, like most actually (exception, X-52 stick, Cougar throttle...) for modern (flight) games no problems, they recognize many controllers.

Consider too:

1 - Obvious you can't use the software of one brand (e.g CH) for program controllers of others brands (e.g. VPC).

2 - You can use Joystick Gremlin, a good 'universal' - and free, programming software, including creating a single virtual device.

3 - Or map then individually in game options, DCS World controls is very flexible in their options. E.g. Can set a button in throttle for modify momentarily (shift) or permanent (mode) other buttons in all controllers (throttle and joy, etc).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Thanks a bunch guys for the info. I am checking out the universal joystick profiler suggested. I will did more into Wags Hotas setup.

Cheers

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• ED Team

I cannot say much, but I've been flying our Hornet with the Thrustmaster F/A-18C stick the past few days and even the prototype stick is a joy to fly with. A very sturdy construction, very tactile switches, and great material feel. Playing with this stick really makes you feel like a Hornet pilot.

Thanks for the info Wags. I figured it would be sometime this year. I'm still holding out hope for a split Hornet throttle from TM that has more realistic switches.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

i'd be happy with an f-18 grip that i could screw onto my warthog stick's base. that way i could just change grips depending upon which aircraft i fancied flying.

let's see. it's E3 next month :)

I think that is what you are going to end up with...we will all know more between 12 June and 14 June when E3 is happening. Guess I will need to allocate some of my commission $$$ to a new handle/stick for sure.

Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ

A-10C_UserBar_04.gif.632b6636b377c44d7dc562f85b269d2b.gif

• 9 months later...