UAE/Iran SAM Sites

USSInchon

Does anyone have any information on the location of the UAE Patriot and Hawk sites, as well as the Iranian SAM defense sites?

not really sure what youre asking, are you expecting these to be on the map already? cuz if so theyre not. you have to add them yourself via mission editor. or are you asking where are these sites in real life so you can add them into the map in a realistic fashion in which case i'd say...those are most deff classified on both the UAE and Iran side for obvs reasons, and probably changing on the regular so i'm not sure you can get an answer on that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

On the Iranian side, I'm pretty sure there's at least one HAWK battery in khark island, and maybe one or two of Russian long-range air defences which I'm not sure if they're placed on the island or stationed somewhere else (maybe s200, some rumours even say s300 which I am not able to confirm at all!!!). I also heard about some air defences on Abu-Musa, but I can't confirm any of them.

The list I posted covers the detailed area of the map, and Kharg Island is well outside that. I didn't include it, for that reason, but as I recall, there is at least a prepared site, even if the Hawk system itself isn't present. The Abu Musa Hawk site is empty.

According to multiple sources, Iran does have the S300PMU2 (NATO designation SA-20), which was delivered by the Russians in 2010. In 2016, Iran unveiled their reverse-engineered version of the S300.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

There's a guy on the DCS VR Aviators group on facebook that used to fly the area and has the longitude/latitude locations of several real life sam sites. He said the iranians used to turn their equipment on just to track him when he would fly by. He's going to release kindle books on Amazon about missions that may be interesting for mission authors in this game.

I dunno how their S300 rollout is going, but that was since last year, it began with the training site in Tehran. Since this is a sandbox you could feasible replace the SA5 (s200) sites with the S300's then just put Hawk's where you want because they are point defence and mobile.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I dunno how their S300 rollout is going, but that was since last year, it began with the training site in Tehran. Since this is a sandbox you could feasible replace the SA5 (s200) sites with the S300's then just put Hawk's where you want because they are point defence and mobile.

I was thinking the same thing. An SA-15 wouldn't be out of place either.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Using al531246's SAM overlay info I've made a miz template with SAM and EW networks for Iran and UAE. I had to sub out for the HQ-7(Chinese SA-2) and SA-5. HQ-7 stand in can be replaced when they release the SA-2. I used the SA-10(S-300) as the stand in for the SA-5(S-200). Has there been any info if they will create an SA-5 asset ?

For the UAE the 2 Skyguard stations are Chaparrals since that is the closest I could find.

This doesn't have any mobile SAMs or AAA units.

SoH Template.miz

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had also used the SA-10 as an replacement for SA-5. I'll be glad to check your mission.

The Sa-2 is in development. Not sure about Sa-5 though.

Edit: By the way, there are some issues in my template. Particullary SA-10 is missing the command center which renders it inoperable. I'll post an updated mission today evening.

-vgwkpErDNA.jpg

vcN71a-kUj0.jpg

Edited by firmek

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

SA-5 seems to be planned as per roadmap: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

--- S-75 Dvina [sA-2 Guideline] (in progress)

---- SNR-75 PV Cabin / Fan Song radar

---- SNR-75 UV / AV Cabin

---- SM-90 launcher

---- PR-11BM/D transporter / trans-loader

---- P-12 / P-18 Spoon Rest Acquisition Radar

---- 1L22 Parol 4 IFF interrogator

--- S-200 [sa-5 Gammon] (planned)

---- K-1M / 5N62 Square Pair radar

---- 5P72VE launcher

---- 5Yu24 rail trans-loader

---- 5Yu24ME trans-loader

---- 5N84AE Oborona-14 / Tall King C