[REPORTED]Rain drops in vr not visible like non vr

_schepper_

Hello

I think there is a bug with raindrops in vr.

I tested with m2000 and av8b in vr and i see only blurryness, and here and there a little raindrop...

But when i do exact the same in non vr mode with av8b and same mission... there is all the rain that i see like on videos, and rain drops are moving with the wind...

In vr nothing moves and no drops, looks like the drops are missing but the water blurryness is there.

I dont know this is reported, and i am not the only person with the problem.

Greets

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Weird, did you purge your fxo / metashaders folders? Are you using the same graphics settings for both?
Well, same settings in non vr and vr,

Butt if you can see them, than i am gonna surch further, i dit a reapair of dcs, but not jet a clean of the folders,

Gonne try that when i am home :)

I will report back if problem disapears.

But its a good thing you can see them, than i guess it wil not be a bug :)

Greets

I see them in VR, it’s just that the resolution is so low they are barely visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I see them in VR, it’s just that the resolution is so low they are barely visible.

you really think that it is just because off the low res?

in non vr its really a lot of rain and uge drops that are moving...

i can see smaller things in vr than the raindrops,

but i will not say you are not right :)

just hoping on a small problem that is easy to fix :p

I was just about to start a thread about this issue. I too noticed that the rain drops aren't as animated & visible in VR versus non-VR.

Non-VR - Pic

nx6ig9znh998ut86g.jpg Screen_180524_184933.pngfile

VR - Pic

fo3pg3zb1u2owk56g.jpg

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

you really think that it is just because off the low res?

in non vr its really a lot of rain and uge drops that are moving...

i can see smaller things in vr than the raindrops,

but i will not say you are not right :)

just hoping on a small problem that is easy to fix :p

Definitely don’t disagree with what you’re saying. You should ping NineLine or BIGNEWY to file an official bug report.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Definitely don’t disagree with what you’re saying. You should ping NineLine or BIGNEWY to file an official bug report.

Ok, i gonna see on the pc when i am back home to ping BIGNEWY,

I dont know how to do it with the tapatalk :)

Thanks for info

Hi all, I dont have VR but will point a tester this way.

thanks

Thanks BIGNEWY

For the tester, the vr i use where i do not see the moving rain is in oculus cv1.

I own no other vr.

Thanks to get a look at this. :)

Greets

I'm the same, the rain effects are really tough to see in VR (PD 1.5).

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

No problem to see the rain drop and yes they are smaller. In the Harrier they also drop on the HUD glasses. Haven't tested the other airplanes.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

No problem to see the rain drop and yes they are smaller. In the Harrier they also drop on the HUD glasses. Haven't tested the other airplanes.
Hey Zarma,

And the raindrops that you see, when you start taxi, do you see the raindrops moving with the movement of your plane?

I think the raindrops are like 2 layers

1layer of blury with verry small drop effect for the blurry efect,

2nd layer of moving bigger drops that you see with the wind and when moving the plane...

(I can be wrong with the idee of the layers :))

But i do not see second layer,

Can you see a situation like the second layer?

Thanks for helping testing :)

But i really would like to see that effect when i am gonna shoot the f18 from a carrier on wensday :D

Greets

Edited by _schepper_

Those who can't see them, can you see them when you run PD at 1.0? Maybe they get scaled up / down in a weird way with different PD?
I am running at pd 1.3 at the momen, but when i am home i will test at 1.0 ;)

Those who can't see them, can you see them when you run PD at 1.0? Maybe they get scaled up / down in a weird way with different PD?

I turned down my PD to 0.5 in order to use MSAA and they still look the same.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals