[REPORTED]Rain drops in vr not visible like non vr

_schepper_

Hi all,

I can confirm the issue. In VR (Oculus CV1) i can see the raindrops and they look really real. But none of them is moving. In Non-VR in the Huey its even more weird. On the pilotside of the windows the raindrops move from top to bottom. an the co-pilot site they move the other way around say from bottom to the top. No engine running tho. on the side windows the raindrops go from bottom to top and on the upper part of the doorwindow they go from left to right. That is definetly a bug and I am sure ED fixes that as it is imho an early state of the raindrops.

just my 2 cent.

Cheers

Demon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

Hi all,

I can confirm the issue. In VR (Oculus CV1) i can see the raindrops and they look really real. But none of them is moving. In Non-VR in the Huey its even more weird. On the pilotside of the windows the raindrops move from top to bottom. an the co-pilot site they move the other way around say from bottom to the top. No engine running tho. on the side windows the raindrops go from bottom to top and on the upper part of the doorwindow they go from left to right. That is definetly a bug and I am sure ED fixes that as it is imho an early state of the raindrops.

just my 2 cent.

Cheers

Demon

Hi Demon,

It is indeed still in early state,

And i think we are doing good to test...search...and report wa we see to help them out.

Thanks for your input :)

(For the pd 1.0 test, i am still not home from work... so maybe tomorrow... or wensday with hornet if it isnt fixt then :D)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Same issue.

Occulus Rift CV2

Tiny droplets. None moving. They just fade.

The effect seemes to disappear completly when you move faster than ~20km/h

Which kind of makes it pointless, unless you are stationary and just sitting around.

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Have to say its all working fine for me Rift CV1.

Can you post a screenshot, please?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Was looking good and the same in 2D and VR until yesterday's update. Now just light drops on canopy in VR lol

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

• ED Team

We have reproduced and it will get reported.

Rain is new and still W.I.P so we should see some more tweaking done in future patches

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Rain is new and still W.I.P so we should see some more tweaking done in future patches

thanks

Nice, thanks BIGNEWY, :)

This makes me so happy,

Thanks for letting us know.

Keep up the good work ;)

thanks

Good to hear. Thanks Bigs:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Sweet, thanks! :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

thanks

Fantastic to hear, thank you sir. S!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Same issue.

Occulus Rift CV2

Where did you get the CV2 from. So far there was only one Customer Version CV1 ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Hello

I think there is a bug with raindrops in vr.

I tested with m2000 and av8b in vr and i see only blurryness, and here and there a little raindrop...

But when i do exact the same in non vr mode with av8b and same mission... there is all the rain that i see like on videos, and rain drops are moving with the wind...

In vr nothing moves and no drops, looks like the drops are missing but the water blurryness is there.

I dont know this is reported, and i am not the only person with the problem.

Greets

They work for me in VR, I'm using Oculus rift. On the F15 they disappear when you get to over 60 knots I think, then you don't see them when you're flying around. But they're there when you land. I'm sure this is still a work in progress. I haven't tried it on any of the other planes yet.

Hate to be a stick in the mud gent's but I really like the rain on the canopy the way it is.

I had a look at it out of VR and didnt like it.

In VR its really effective (IMO) of light rain.

(now I wait for some stick);)

Can someone verify if this was fixed in today's update, please?

I will for sure test it in about 3hours :)

Than i will report back

I just tested the new update with the raindrops, still the same like before, so no fix for this on the update of today.

Greets

I just tested the new update with the raindrops, still the same like before, so no fix for this on the update of today.

Greets

I appreciate you checking. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm it still has not been fixed. It's been a month since it was reported.:mad: