Air Raid - My first Movie

That is a *superb* first movie. It would be a great second, third, or fourth movie as well!

It proves that you don't need expensive software to make movies, just patience, imagination, and the ability to make music work for you. You did that, and did it very well. Thanks for the entertainment! :-)

Andrew McP

PS spOnge, if you're reading this, you'll learn more studying this movie than spending hours with your head buried in Vegas and After Effects. They're great tools in the hands of experts, but they're not necessary, especially when you're starting out. Don't worry about running until you can walk properly. ;-)

Nice first movie. I liked teh little storry in it too. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

BrzI back in the Flanker 2.51 days (Or was it Klatuu?) came up with strategies with the MIG-29 and I came up with a few using SARH missiles against the Tomcat, so it's not invincible, you just gotta know the angles ;) I mean I would for LOMAC, but since the R-27RE is borked, no way. But as you saw, it's possible.

But great movie BTW, great first song :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

cool vid, great music, nice angels - I like it:thumbup:

gonna make some more vids? keep it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

thanks, im glad to hear that you like it :)

@ Kifaru: Nope, i didnt. fortunately the problem occured at the very end (last 3 scenes)

@ The two Cat-Fans: i can't share your opinion. but i won't start an other "Which aircraft is better" discussion ;) Let's just hope that there will never be a situation which would prove that someone of us was right!!

there may be more, but not at the moment. probably in a few months.

Excelent first movie. I especially liked the music at the begining and the opening scrren with the camera zooming over the trees.

You get your AI wing man to land by landing your own plane on the left side of the runway so that he has enough room to do it safely himself.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

The two Cat-Fans: i can't share your opinion. but i won't start an other "Which aircraft is better" discussion

That's cool. History speaks volumes in Tomcat vs MiG engagements, specifically in the Iran/Iraq war, but we won't go there.

Take it easy.

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

A very creative video.. I almost forgot that you can actually watch the bunker doors open... The overall feeling was very realistic, and nicely executed..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Cool vid!

A couple of questions

1. How do you get the slow camera movements?

2. How did you get the AI to land? if AI was used. I tried about 20,000 times but they just turn another way.

point 1:

I switched to free external view (CTRL + F11), followed by ALT + *, which changes your zoom-speed. ALT + mouse-wheel should also work.

Aeroscout already answered your second question, so i won't get into that.

@ VMFA-Blaze: Thank you :) I like the idea of parking in a bunker, that's why i included this scene. Unfortunately this only works for AI planes...

It proves that you don't need expensive software to make movies, just patience, imagination, and the ability to make music work for you. You did that, and did it very well. Thanks for the entertainment! :-)
:thumbup:

I never get bored looking this video.:)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Yup, this one found it's way to my hard drive quite quickly.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

That is a *superb* first movie. It would be a great second, third, or fourth movie as well!

Andrew McP

I second that!! Making the music work for you is one of the top priorities in my opinion, and you certainly got a feel for it in this movie. The taxi light illuminating in time with the orchestra crescendo got me straight away... what an entrance :thumbup:

Nice vid... hope to see more of 'em.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to see you keeping an eye on us MB. Your IL2 "Ambush" movie is the perfect example of how careful music choice can turn a good movie into something out of this world. I still rate it as my favourite movie of all time for that reason. (It has Mossies in it too, that does no harm :-)

Actually I've just got in from trying to photograph the full moon, and I can never see a full moon without seeing the credits sequence from Ambush. The visual and audio combination hits a creative sweet spot which would be impossible to beat IMO.

I'd better stop all this gratuitous grovelling. ;-) But if anyone's not familiar with "Ambush", it's available some way down this page...

http://www.netwings.org/library/Topsites/

Andrew McP