Through The Inferno (Persian Gulf) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Hi deadlyfishes, I am experiencing big trouble in AAR: tankers are way too slow, so they generate really big turbulence and drag and make contact almost impossible... as soon as you close to the basket, the plane just goes everywhere in a violent manner.

I tried with the F/A-18C Hornet, but also a friend of mine with M-2000C had problems (less than me, maybe delta wing is more stable or he is better than me).

We measured a speed around 220kts for the MPRS, usually AFAIK tankers maintain around 300kts... it was confirmed also by high AoA in external view, it had 9.2° more or less.

I just tried PG version, I don't know if it's the same on Caucasus.

And, oh, we are using version 1.56a... maybe it's fixed in the new version? (even if nothing related is in the changelog)

Thanks for your attention, keep up your great work!

It's a minor detail and I can probably address it in the next iteration, but it's simple enough to edit the speeds in the mission editor for these tankers.

Thank you for reporting this.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

UPDATE 10/26/19 - 1: v1.58a

- Added Airboss Voice Audio Clips

- Removed WPTS from F-14B as they cannot be utilized and cause errors in the ME.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

UPDATE 01/02/20 - 1: v1.59a

- Added A2A Helo Mission via menu and configurable auto-spawns

- Red and Blue Helo Zeus spawns added to zeus spawn list (check included spawnable units list or briefing for more details)

- Fixed tanker track from running into terrain.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

Hey running 1.59a didn’t see JF-17 but added it on my own. Since 2.5.6 the warehouse of every single airport blows up at least twice. I re opened and saved the mission in 2.5.6 before playing. Anything I can do?

Love the mission in SP, great for offline practice

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Hey running 1.59a didn’t see JF-17 but added it on my own. Since 2.5.6 the warehouse of every single airport blows up at least twice. I re opened and saved the mission in 2.5.6 before playing. Anything I can do?

Love the mission in SP, great for offline practice

I haven't upgraded yet because the new patch is very buggy.

Try to load a clean mission again, and use a different airfield?

That's all I can think of... Weird stuff is just blowing up... Thanks for the info, I'll give an update once ED releases a more stable build.

"Through The Inferno"

For me RAT planes were exploding on spawn, so I set RAT to false in the options. I already had all other autospawns set to false anyway so don't know if those scripts might cause trouble, too.

Haven't noticed any problems since.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I'm loading and starting the mission on a local server. I join a machine which I added and after a few seconds the mission just shuts down without any warning. I only changed the usual mission attributes like no auto spawning of A2G missions for example.

Is there a way to see why a mission crashed? It just stops after 5 seconds even if I'm not in a plane, starting as single player.

Guys I am sure deadlyfishes will get an update happening (like the rest of us) once he's had a chance to go through it all. Some of it will be Moose related and some of it will be ED related so we all have to wait for ED to get some fixes out before we can do any serious mission updates. A little patience is required at this stage.

Yeah Surrexan, just making sure if there’s anything I can do for now. I have your mission for PG downloaded also, might try it out and see if I get similar results. If a track file helps anyone I can attach one, the thought of it being RAT makes sense, it’s literally every single base blowing up in the first 30 seconds, I’m just pretending it’s a simultaneous missile strike for now:)

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yeah Surrexan, just making sure if there’s anything I can do for now. I have your mission for PG downloaded also, might try it out and see if I get similar results. If a track file helps anyone I can attach one, the thought of it being RAT makes sense, it’s literally every single base blowing up in the first 30 seconds, I’m just pretending it’s a simultaneous missile strike for now:)

Anything that uses the Moose SpawnAtAirbase function will blow up on spawn. There is a development Moose update that resolves this issue.

I'm loading and starting the mission on a local server. I join a machine which I added and after a few seconds the mission just shuts down without any warning. I only changed the usual mission attributes like no auto spawning of A2G missions for example.

Is there a way to see why a mission crashed? It just stops after 5 seconds even if I'm not in a plane, starting as single player.

Check your log here C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs

Attach a crash log file if you can. Also, does this happen before you make any changes? If not, then something went wrong with your mission options change. Send me your MIZ so I can see if you made a mistake if you can as well.

Anything that uses the Moose SpawnAtAirbase function will blow up on spawn. There is a development Moose update that resolves this issue.

MOOSE team and Surrexen have been extremely helpful with supporting missions and their framework, we really owe it to these guys :)

Apparently an update is planned for tomorrow, I'll be going through and testing everything including the MOOSE updates. We should have a new TTI before the weekend hopefully.

"Through The Inferno"

Any idea how to spawn bandits in a certain area or along predetermined waypoints? Right now when they are manually spawned by the F10 menu they just spawn in random locations, which breaks immersion if you have a certain mission design, where enemies only come from across some country border. Sometimes they even spawn above the home plate literally. How to avoid this?

Turned off RAT, everything is great now! Thanks

How did you manage to do this? like explanined in the HOW TO CHANGE MISSION SETTINGS!.txt ? CIV Traffic set to false??

Because when I choose a slot, the game freezes up.

Thanks,

Muellerman

Edited by Muellerman

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 03/09/20 - 1: v1.60a - Major update for 2.5.6 Compatibility

- Updated compatible DCS 2.5.6 OpenBeta MOOSE (experimental dev) framework

- Random Air Traffic DISABLED by default due to instability in 2.5.6 Open Beta (feel free to re-enable at your own risk and discretion.)

- Airboss Script DISABLED by default due to instability in 2.5.6 Open Beta (feel free to re-enable at your own risk and discretion.)

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

Question on the Airboss script in TTI (Running 2.5.5). Is "turn into the wind" enabled or not? I want to add dynamic weather but that could get wonky with the carriers unless they are scripted to steam into the wind when an recovery window is opened.

Question on the Airboss script in TTI (Running 2.5.5). Is "turn into the wind" enabled or not? I want to add dynamic weather but that could get wonky with the carriers unless they are scripted to steam into the wind when an recovery window is opened.

It is something that needs to be scripted in, you could possibly add it by checking out here and looking at the "Recovery Window" section. https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.Airboss.html

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing a really bad looping message that is beeping and displaying every 1 second. It won't stop. Usually comes on between 30-90 minutes. It is looping "air to ground helo infantry assault mission complete".

Can someone tell me how to make this stop happening? All my startups in the "mission start" edit script are set to "false".

I'm experiencing a really bad looping message that is beeping and displaying every 1 second. It won't stop. Usually comes on between 30-90 minutes. It is looping "air to ground helo infantry assault mission complete".

Can someone tell me how to make this stop happening? All my startups in the "mission start" edit script are set to "false".

What else happens during that time? Do enemy planes land at airfields or anything like that?

Do you trigger missions? Make any other changes?

Let me know so I can see if I can reproduce the issue.

"Through The Inferno"

not activating any air to ground missions at all. Have only activated air to air. Only other changes were making everything "false" in "do script" editor, so that nothing loads automatically. So, it's not making sense that helo missions are automatically loading when they haven't been asked to. In fact, if you try to select a helo mission to run, it gives the message error "mission already active, cannot activate another until this one is complete". But, none have been activated from startup??

not activating any air to ground missions at all. Have only activated air to air. Only other changes were making everything "false" in "do script" editor, so that nothing loads automatically. So, it's not making sense that helo missions are automatically loading when they haven't been asked to. In fact, if you try to select a helo mission to run, it gives the message error "mission already active, cannot activate another until this one is complete". But, none have been activated from startup??

I'm not seeing the issue here. Try pausing/unpausing after you get into the mission before triggering anything.

Did you update to the latest DCS open beta, patch was released today

"Through The Inferno"

If all else, fails try downloading the vanilla mission again and change your settings.

Perhaps you could send it to me here as well if you're updated and sure you've only edited theauto spawning.

"Through The Inferno"