Through The Inferno (Persian Gulf) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

cant figure how to disable the mission auto start in editor

so confusing

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you mean you don't want all the various missions - A2G, A2A etc, starting automatically?

If so, see attached screenshot to see if that helps you. I've added numbers for the steps to follow:

(1) Click to select triggers

(2) Select 4 Mission Start (Define Mission Settings Here)

(3) Select Do Script (--Adjust Missio)

(4) Scroll through the box and make any alterations you need, e.g. change a2g_easy_autostart = true to a2g_easy_autostart = false

There's lots of options for you to play with. Also check the other triggers with modifiable options (they all have "Define XXX here" in the title).

I'd advise you save the mission with a new filename before editing, so you can go to the original if you have any problems.

Hope that helps.S5gr2pu.png

Edited by epoch

Hi, could you explain how the airboss script works and what is involved in using it within these missions please? Sorry for a potentially basic question, but am new to this and dont really have the knowledge yet......

Airboss adds realistic comms to carrier missions, yes? Is it incorporated into the missions already or do I need to do something else to get it working?

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, could you explain how the airboss script works and what is involved in using it within these missions please? Sorry for a potentially basic question, but am new to this and dont really have the knowledge yet......

Airboss adds realistic comms to carrier missions, yes? Is it incorporated into the missions already or do I need to do something else to get it working?

Thanks

Somewhat. You have to ensure airboss is enabled in the mission settings in the section of the trigger list, as described in the readme files.

Once airboss is enabled, you can operate the many features of the airboss using the F-10 Other Menu, usually opened with \

There are many things you can do with it, and the menu options should be pretty straightforward. There's a whole documentation on airboss and features here:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.Airboss.html

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Hi

I won't be able to get on Discord unfortunately.

By all means PM me here with some guidance on what I need to do. If I'm able to follow it, anyone can, and so you could maybe then post in the forum or a readme for others.

Update:

deadlyfishes ... I think you can ignore my request. I noticed in the editor that you have 'aa_tor' defined in the unit list. But in the triggers it's not in the list of which AA units you can spawn in. I added 'aa_tor' to the list of allowed AA and now we get TORS every now and then.

Looks like you figured it out. -- Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, aa_tor was in the editor, but not in the spawning pool list because TORs used to cause issues on DCS MP.

For you and anyone else who is mission editor savy you can add YOUR OWN TEMPLATE units to mission spawning lists by doing the following:

- ADD RED UNIT OF YOUR CHOICE - Preferably SINGLE UNIT

- Note the GROUP NAME.

- Make sure LATE ACTIVATION is checked

- Add a WP Name for a label on the mission editor

- In the spawning lists of AA units and ground units add the Group name to the list like this:

"GROUP NAME",

TemplateTable_AA = {

"aa_ural",

"aa_shilka",

"aa_tunguska",

"aa_strella",

"aa_osa",

"aa_manpads",

"GROUP NAME",

}

These are just for AA, there are more lists, but they are embedded in the Ground Missions.lua file inside the miz, they are hard coded for now but I may enable these for editing.

"Through The Inferno"

Thank you, will take a look. Tried a mission today but could not progress past the start up, as the ground crew kept saying”unable to comply” when I asked to remove the chocks.....any idea why?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thank you, will take a look. Tried a mission today but could not progress past the start up, as the ground crew kept saying”unable to comply” when I asked to remove the chocks.....any idea why?

Parking brake on? Throttles fully at idle?

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks for that. Very helpful :thumbup:

For you and anyone else who is mission editor savy you can add YOUR OWN TEMPLATE units to mission spawning lists by doing the following:

- ADD RED UNIT OF YOUR CHOICE - Preferably SINGLE UNIT

- Note the GROUP NAME.

- Make sure LATE ACTIVATION is checked

- Add a WP Name for a label on the mission editor

- In the spawning lists of AA units and ground units add the Group name to the list like this:

"GROUP NAME",

TemplateTable_AA = {

"aa_ural",

"aa_shilka",

"aa_tunguska",

"aa_strella",

"aa_osa",

"aa_manpads",

"GROUP NAME",

}

These are just for AA, there are more lists, but they are embedded in the Ground Missions.lua file inside the miz, they are hard coded for now but I may enable these for editing.

Were you on the carrier shuttle or the parking area?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 07/15/2020 - 1: v1.67a

!! - THIS UPDATE IS REQUIRED IF YOU WANT TO PLAY TTI SP on DCS Open Beta Version 2.5.6.52196 - !! - USE VERSION 1.66e if you are on a previous version of DCS Open Beta.

- Fixed a major issue where the some Chinese ships were removed/deleted from previous TTI SP mission v1.66 after updating to DCS Open Beta

- Added option to change Carrier AI traffic spawn settings to be hot/cold/runway

- Added option to change default JTAC drone laser code

- Added option to change CTLD Helo Troop Pickup Zone smoke color

- Added option to disable or enable CTLD Helo Troop Pickup Zone smoke

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 08/08/2020 - 1: v1.68a

- Updated ALL ground mission zones to use "zone polygons" which are essentially HAND-DRAWN boundaries within towns, cities, landmarks that still spawn units in a random position within the zone, but in a more realistic position to add a bit more immersion.

If you still like the "blob" of units in a circle formation in an open feel, there is a quick guide on how to get that spawning method back.

This WILL make missions a bit more challenging due to the fact that units easily blend in with buildings, trees and other structures a bit more. Feel free to re-draw the zones or move them as you'd like.

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 08/27/2020 - 1: v1.68d

- Fixed an issue where spawning "hmv" via Zeus map marker command wasn't working

- New logic in A2G Mission spawning will now prevent the same mission from re-spawning after being completed. A different mission will be randomly selected.

- Ground mission vehicles will now spawn with a random heading/azimuth.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 09/30/2020 - 1: v1.71a

- Added A-10C II module

- Added C-101CC module

- Added MiG-29G module

- Added AI Helo Transport Script

helo_troop_transport_auto.gif

helo_troop_transport_zeus.gif

- Add new debug feature and option to remove enemy ground units that are dynamically spawned above ground on top of buildings, folliage etc...

- Fixed incorrect tanker information in briefing and kneeboard

- Joint Task force coalition add to use for ease of adding/changing units

- Change Kuznetsov country to Joint Task Force Coalition Blue

- Change Su-33 country to Joint Task Force Coalition Blue

- Removed intrusive config folder that blocked some custom client settings from being applied

- Removed redundant mission detection checks to improve performance

- Improvements and optimizations to JTAC Auto Lase script to improve performance

- Disabled a few mission types by default to improve performance

- Disabled Airboss Rescue Helo by default to improve performance

- Disabled F/A-18C and F-14B Ground Random Air Traffic spawns by default to improve performance

- Removed non-Super Carrier extra miz file and included tutorial in included README.txt on how to change the Super Carrier units to the free carrier units.

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/28/2020 - 1: v1.72b

- Added dynamic convoy missions;

*Convoys can be configured to auto-start or spawned via the mission spawner menu

*They will be randomly generated, the unit composition of the convoy will be varied

*Their starting positions and routes will be randomly selected

*They can be repeated like normal A2G Missions

*Using the F10 - Other Intel report will provide a L/L of the convoy's position at the time of the intel being requested.

*Configurable option to allow for adding map markers on the F10 Map to show the convoy's position (The convoy map marker will update when intel is requested)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_260113_1603922364647_804","height":"341","title":"convoy mission intel SP.PNG","width":"473"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

- Fixed an issue for carrier maps where using CVN-75 caused datalink issues. All carrier maps will now use CVN-72 instead.​

• Like 2

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 12/05/2020 - 1: v1.72d

- Added F-14A Module
- Updated MOOSE for F-14A Airboss Compatibility

- Changed WPT name labels to match the zones they belong for easier customization/editing.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 5 weeks later...

You guys are awesome. Thanks very much for this, I only play single player and now I get to use modules which have no campaigns. Any luck on the wingman options for single players? Specifically, allowing them to rearm and refuel without restarting the mission? 

Also, I've opened the mission in the editor and set all the ships to ROE weapons free but they still don't shoot at me. How do I get ships to defend themselves against me?

My wingmen will not attack the ships. I've tried setting them to anti ship mission in the mission editor and I've tried telling them to "attack ground targets", "attack my enemy", "engage objective and rejoin", they don't do anything. How do I get them to attack enemy ships?

Edited by Shibbyland

• 4 weeks later...

Just started to use the TTI-mission.

Thank you so much for the hard work with the dynamic missions.

Without your dedication and knowledge, we would not experience so great missions in DCS! 😃

• Thanks 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

I'm having a look at the zeus script to try and figure out how to add things to it - specifically, I want to be able to spawn buildings and/or target circles via the zeus interface, as it would increase the scope of what you can practice within the mission. Dumb bombs aren't much use right now against vehicles, but spawning a target building and some air defences (separately) would be perfect for practicing strike missions. Would you either be able to include this in a future version, or give me some information on how to modify the zeus_markers.lua to accomplish this?

UPDATE 02/07/21 - 1: v1.80a
- Overhaul on all ground and air spawnable units at A2A and A2G Missions as well as "Zeus" spawnable units:
    - ALL DCS Aircraft and Ground Units are available to add/remove at all mission types.
    - ALL DCS Aircraft and Ground Units are available to spawn via "Zeus" spawning in real-time using map markers.
    - Free WW2 assets were also added to now allow for players to adjust the spawning pools to be more geared towards WW2 engagements.

A2A Missions are now more based on aircraft types rather than their group size/skill level. The default setup would be that easy aircraft will be less formidable types; L-39, C-101, etc, where hard aircraft will consist of Su-30, F-15C, etc. These templates can be adjusted to what the player is more comfortable with.

Expanding the unit pools and database within the mission to ALL DCS units will give players the ability to make any combination of enemy forces; Change the spawning pools to only spawn "Eastern" faction units or "Western" faction units for realistic engagements. The current setup is a mix between both "RED" and "BLUE" faction enemy units.

- Added an aircraft skill setting for both RED and BLUE AI aircraft.

- Allowed for changing out enemy unit spawning pools for all A2G mission types; A2G Easy, Hard, Helo, Infantry Assault, Anti-ship.

- Moved all "template" units to scripting for much more modularity and ease of mission maintenance/updates when new maps, modules units are released.

- Fixed an issue where editing the playable client slots would sometimes cause a crash/black screen on mission start.

- Fixed and polished countries and coalitions so that client aircraft and friendly coalition units have more customization potential.

- All client aircraft are set to their country of origin (ex. the Su-27 is set to Russia and the J-11A is set to China, etc...).

- Client aircraft slots further polished fixing many typos and naming formats.

- Added CSAR (search and rescue) script for all helicopters. A new CSAR menu was added, which also includes an option to FORCE a rescue mission on command. Simply fly to the downed pilot (Friendly infantry unit named "Wounded Pilot" on map) and hover over to pick them up. Bring them back to an airfield, FARP or ship to complete the rescue.
Additionally; Friendly player and AI that eject will spawn a new rescuable pilot where the ejection took place.

- Added an option that will limit the amount of aircraft spawned in via the F-10 - Other A2A spawning menu to prevent unlimited spamming of A2A missions. By default this option is set to allow for unlimited A2A mission stacking.

- Added an option for enabling/disabling the friendly carrier groups from attacking enemy aircraft.

- Renamed the Random Air Traffic (RAT) units in the editor to more generic names like "Large 1" or "Fighter 1" so that players can change out the type of aircraft the random air traffic will be in the editor. You can also edit their loadouts if applicable.

- Various base code improvements that allow for better performance overall.

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

First, I just want to say thank you so much for this awesome experience. I'm glad you've included an option to set the spawning pools to a realistic "red vs blue" option". My first issue with the mission was the mixing of units types making it unrealistic.

One thing I would really like is a way to setup realistic JTACs that you can communicate with. Let us know if that is a feature that you include one day!

One more question. When starting the mission, I get an option to selection a coalition, but there is no option to join the Red coalition. Is it possible to play as the Red coalition (to play as Russian, Chinese, etc), or is the only option to manually go through the spawn pools and make 2 separate types of missions? Thanks.

Edited by EagleBeak

UPDATE 02/21/21 - 1: v1.80b
- Changed how A2A enemy spawning works. Instead of using a random position within a single large zone which sometimes results in bandits spawning on top of you, there are now 10 random A2A enemy spawn starting position zones which you can move around to change generally where bandits may come from. It chooses one of these A2A enemy spawn zones at random each time an A2A enemy group is initiated.

- Added missing SA-15 Tor unit to spawning pool, database and zeus script. Unit list was also updated.

- Moved SFX files to their own directory instead of using the trigger list implementation, which saves nearly 1MB of filesize.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...

Good day and thank you so much for you great product.  I was wondering if it is possible to spawn JTAC using the "-create ..." option since the latest update.  I've tried time and again and have been unable to do so.  

Thanks in advance for any answer you can provide.

Edited by Mysty

UPDATE 03/06/21 - 1: v1.80c

- Fixed an issue where using "-create jtac" was not working

- Added the "Zeus" spawnable unit list to the BRIEFING for better access (pause, show briefing or press LAlt+B to bring up the briefing)

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...