Civil Air Traffic

AIRSHERIFF

So, SOH Map is out. The first impression is great and Performance is better than expected.

But, after some take off's @ Dubai Intl. Airport in SP loneliness comes over me.

We need a module that simulates Civil Air Traffic.

I would speend my money gladly into such a module to wake up the secenry and make the Sim much more realstic. :pilotfly:

How is the opinion of the community here ?

Thx

Ryzen 36000 / RTX2070 OC / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 Mhz CL. 16-19-19 / Thrustmaster T1600 - TWCS Throttle / Track IR-5 / LG 34" @ 3440 x 1440 / Windows 10 64 Bit

So, SOH Map is out. The first impression is great and Performance is better than expected.

But, after some take off's @ Dubai Intl. Airport in SP loneliness comes over me.

We need a module that simulates Civil Air Traffic.

I would speend my money gladly into such a module to wake up the secenry and make the Sim much more realstic. :pilotfly:

Thx

There's a civilian aircraft mod out which you can use.

There's a civilian aircraft mod out which you can use.

Yep, you can ADD a whole bunch of different civilian aircrafts. Look in the mod section.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

CAM and RAT is all you need to easily create more random (civil) air traffic than DCS could ever handle ;)

RAT documentation is here but I can help with the script if necessary :) MOOSE download link and RAT examples.

Some vids:

Part 1: Introduction and Concepts

Part 2: Examples and Options

McCarran Airport Cam (Inbound Traffic)

McCarran Airport High Frequency Outbound Traffic

Henderson Executive Activate Uncontrolled Aircraft

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I have been flying several times to Dubai IRL and I thought the same thing last night flying this map. The massive and always busy Dubai airport is desperately empty and quiet. Looks pretty surreal. Like some post-apocalyptic scene.

Hey there bud I am new to DCS and just learned the P-51 pretty well and am thoroughly enjoying the game. I stumbled across your post here and am curious, can you tell me a little bit about how you flew to Dubai RL? I'm not being sarcastic I'm not a pilot in real life and I'm enjoying and increasingly curious about flight after using DCS for the last 6 months. Would you mind sharing just in a few sentences what you flew in from where to where? You can private message me or reply here of course I'm new and simply curious thank you exclamation

While I acknowledge the mod creator's hard work, I agree with the OP. DCS should be able to do something like this out of the box - no modding required.

DCS could either a) integrate the CAM and RAT mods into the game, therefore it is no longer a mod or b) add some civil airliners to REDFOR and BLUFOR for us to tinker with. It could work in a similar manner to the civilian ground traffic - with a slider to modify density - except we'd have to be able to see these on radar and lock them.

The way I see it, there could be a 'Civilian' faction which would be neutral, applicable only to airliners, so they could traverse between RED and BLUFOR areas without being downed by SAMs and they could also be set to REDFOR/BLUFOR for interception/engagement as a scenario permits.

I use the Yak-40 and the An-26B, on occasion, to simulate regional airliners but I'd appreciate a 737, at least, being thrown into the mix (as an AI, obviously). While it's not truly dynamic, you can set aircraft to spawn in when others land - which is what I do. Except I've found that the AI doesn't always use their navigation lights and strobes - so perhaps a Civilian faction could be set to 'Use lights - all the time' or have a tickbox in the aircraft's menu to enable that.

Just my 2 cents.

Set them to invisible.

The mods won't be integrated due to the models originating from public Cadnav downloads and ED will have a hard time justifying the work over military models etc. Considering you have the option to mod or not at your choice, it's not easy to argue devoting dev time to it, albeit the mod wouldnt exist if people didn't want it.

Rather than wait 5 years, I'd just take the mod as an option.

With RAT Dubai looks super busy and awesome!

While I acknowledge the mod creator's hard work, I agree with the OP. DCS should be able to do something like this out of the box - no modding required.

DCS could either a) integrate the CAM and RAT mods into the game, therefore it is no longer a mod or b) add some civil airliners to REDFOR and BLUFOR for us to tinker with. It could work in a similar manner to the civilian ground traffic - with a slider to modify density - except we'd have to be able to see these on radar and lock them.

The way I see it, there could be a 'Civilian' faction which would be neutral, applicable only to airliners, so they could traverse between RED and BLUFOR areas without being downed by SAMs and they could also be set to REDFOR/BLUFOR for interception/engagement as a scenario permits.

I use the Yak-40 and the An-26B, on occasion, to simulate regional airliners but I'd appreciate a 737, at least, being thrown into the mix (as an AI, obviously). While it's not truly dynamic, you can set aircraft to spawn in when others land - which is what I do. Except I've found that the AI doesn't always use their navigation lights and strobes - so perhaps a Civilian faction could be set to 'Use lights - all the time' or have a tickbox in the aircraft's menu to enable that.

Just my 2 cents.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Set them to invisible.

The mods won't be integrated due to the models originating from public Cadnav downloads and ED will have a hard time justifying the work over military models etc. Considering you have the option to mod or not at your choice, it's not easy to argue devoting dev time to it, albeit the mod wouldnt exist if people didn't want it.

Rather than wait 5 years, I'd just take the mod as an option.

With RAT Dubai looks super busy and awesome!

Point taken, and ack the issues regarding aircraft modelling issues, hence why I only suggested a 737 (an aircraft that is routinely modelled, easy to come by airframe plus the P-8 and 737 AEW&C aircraft could then be implemented, as a side note definitely not a main attraction) to reduce the work time. And I certainly did not mean put everything else on hold while dev work on a 737 model takes place. There are too many awesome things in the works to delay their development.

For me, personally, I'm a purist. That's just me. Modding DCS makes me uncomfortable. If CAM or RAT were paid modules, I would go for that - probably.

But go back to 'Set them to invisible'. Does that mean they're visible to you (the player-s) but the AI won't engage? I wasn't aware of that - I just kept my civil airliner analogues out of SAMs reach. :P

But go back to 'Set them to invisible'. Does that mean they're visible to you (the player-s) but the AI won't engage?

Yes, that's exactly what it does. Best "neutral" faction option we have atm :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi folks,

thanks for the feedback and recommendations !

@ cailean_556 > That was exactly my point. I'am a "normal" User and I have not so much time and a "Out of the Box" function would be a great feature for DCS.

10 years ago i used "My traffic" for the Microsoft FSX. It generates adjustable traffic with the correct plane and painting for huge amount of real airliners.

Thanks

Ryzen 36000 / RTX2070 OC / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600 Mhz CL. 16-19-19 / Thrustmaster T1600 - TWCS Throttle / Track IR-5 / LG 34" @ 3440 x 1440 / Windows 10 64 Bit

• 3 months later...

this diynamic life thing is much needed.

i am fed up with playing in empty map. it can't be that hard.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 year later...

RAT Not Working

Is this working with the latest patch? I had it working and now it's not. I have tried everything besides reinstalling DCS. How can i debug RATs? BTW, I LOVE MOOSE!

Funky and Flightcontrol, you both are amazing and talented developer! Thank you for MOOSE over the years and all the hard work. I think only a small percent of users really understand MOOSE and all its features but if more people would would just look at it then they would see a new dynamic world of DCS open up.

Is this working with the latest patch? I had it working and now it's not.

DCS 2.5.6 broke several parts of Moose .. @Ramsey and @FunkyFranky have released an update version of Moose that solves some of the issues, but not all. Take a look on the Moose thread, on the Mission Editor section of the Forum.

I have tried everything besides reinstalling DCS.

Reinstalling DCS will not solve this, unless you are thinking of rolling back to 2.5.5

For myself, I'm sticking with the updated version of Moose, even if it hasnt fixed all the issues yet.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have been flying several times to Dubai IRL and I thought the same thing last night flying this map. The massive and always busy Dubai airport is desperately empty and quiet. Looks pretty surreal. Like some post-apocalyptic scene.

Sadly, that is exactly what it is like today. All air traffic into and out of the UAE has been stopped. McCarron in Las Vegas as well. The LAS Airport has been totally closed for almost a week now.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Interesting, it would actually spoil the immersion for me personally. If a war broke out in the region, I doubt there would be much, if any, civ traffic bouncing around. Same reason I turn civ traffic off unless it makes sense in the context of the mission/campaign to have them there.

Edit: I'm in no way against it though, as long as it has an option to disable which I'm sure it would. It would be pretty low priority over the current backlog I would imagine. I suggest you go with the current suggestion of trying out the mods, who knows, you may never go back.

Edited by Vanguard

• 4 months later...