HMS Hermes R12 Released V2.5

While I'm having to re doing the UV mapping for the 1969 Hermes I thought I'll do some more stuff which will copy on to the 70s and 80s..... 90s Viraat?????

5D7PfAL.jpg

Not much but the finer details count..... Right??

X6uO0Tn.png

Edited by joey45
  • Like 3

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

15 hours ago, aviation360 said:

A-4 EFM is not out at least that’s what I heard last

The beta is.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

The weapon animations are all screwed up but that can wait.. I still have half a ship to UV unwrap....

Edited by joey45
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's mainly UV stuff and textures.

IT will be a mix between 1969 and 1971..

It'll have parts of the CATBAR with the full angled deck, shorter Island, Cats 'n' traps but the starboard lower deck of the 70s+

I will try to release a vid this weekend

As RAZBAM are making the Hermes, probably only the STOVL refit, this will probably be the last full update but I will keep it working until they release theirs. Which will be 1000000000s times better.

IF it is just the STOVL refit I'll keep the ASW/CMDO version going.

I do have plans for -

Peacock P239 -- aka Jacinto-class patrol vessel

Resolution -- Sub

Astute --Sub

Clyde -- but it's related to the Falklands to it's probably off limits 

Lusty (2005 refit) -- Razbam is making her so off limits

Type 45 -- not sure

Jeanne d'Arc 1961

Clemenceau / Foch

USS San Marcos

• Like 3

7 hours ago, joey45 said:

It's mainly UV stuff and textures.

IT will be a mix between 1969 and 1971..

It'll have parts of the CATBAR with the full angled deck, shorter Island, Cats 'n' traps but the starboard lower deck of the 70s+

I will try to release a vid this weekend

As RAZBAM are making the Hermes, probably only the STOVL refit, this will probably be the last full update but I will keep it working until they release theirs. Which will be 1000000000s times better.

IF it is just the STOVL refit I'll keep the ASW/CMDO version going.

I do have plans for -

Peacock P239 -- aka Jacinto-class patrol vessel

Resolution -- Sub

Astute --Sub

Clyde -- but it's related to the Falklands to it's probably off limits 

Lusty (2005 refit) -- Razbam is making her so off limits

Type 45 -- not sure

Jeanne d'Arc 1961

Clemenceau / Foch

USS San Marcos

A Clemenceau/Foch mod already exists, perhaps you could do a Kitty Hawk Class or a Post-Conversion Midway instead?

55 minutes ago, Callsign said:

A Clemenceau/Foch mod already exists, perhaps you could do a Kitty Hawk Class or a Post-Conversion Midway instead?

The Clemnceau is a bit outdated and it currently has an issue with the A-4s new EFM. so we could use a new one.

This said, I would kill for a Modified Essex like the Intrepid or Oriskany...;)

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

Is anyone making an Ark Royal CV?

Yes, there is one in the works by another Modder.

I think the A-4 team did have the Oriskany in the works but the artist left, I think to join the armed forced, so I don't know if the team has the model he was working on.

I'm not gonna do any US carriers anytime soon.

Edited by joey45
  • Like 1

I used the 2 together earlier today and didnt have any serious issues.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

8 hours ago, DefaultFace said:

I used the 2 together earlier today and didnt have any serious issues.

weird, I get Damage on the carrier when launching and or landing...

Will download everything again and see what happens.

Worst Ive had is a blackout during cat launch but its gone by the time you hit the end. Im running the V2 Beta for the skyhawk and the latest version of the carrier.

• Like 1

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I'm having no probs with my Hermes with the cat launch either blacking out or damage.. Will need to check the Clem/Foch mod.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 2:46 PM, Callsign said:

Yeah a Midway and coral sea with their 1950s Refits would be awesome for Vietnam type campaigns, the 1950s refits is the refits they received prior to Vietnam and kept those refits through Vietnam, Coral and Midway got the refit that made them look the way they are today in the 70s late 70s I think

UV mapping and texturing at the moment...

If anyone has substance painter and would like to help me with the textures they can...